Hi from Belgium! (1 Viewer)

BelgiumFan

Waiting List
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm a recreational home game (cash) player from Belgium.
A couple of years back I bought a Paulson sample set (see below) because the full set just seemed too expensive at the time.
Now that I have some more income I'd like to buy a 400-500 pc set of colorful ceramics (love the EPT ones) or maybe cheaper end clays.
The main reason I want ceramics is because they are less prone to getting dirty / easier to clean. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Last but not least I'd like to ask if Europeans mainly stick to European sellers/buyers or cross Atlantic is no issue?

1601801845277.png

Gr,

Welcome! I’d say it’s no issue as long as you’re prepared to pay the extra shipping and the custom fees.

It’s fine as long as one buys from the classifieds as most members don’t mind putting a smaller customs value on the package. Not really an option when buying retail though.

While ceramics are easier to clean it’s not that big of an issue. Clay chips aren’t gonna get very dirty from a few homegames here and there. I would get samples from brpropoker.com and sunfly, compare those to the Paulsons you have and go with whatever you like best in terms of look and feel.

Be welcome fellow countryman...and feel free to contact me about international shipping & custom fees.

Welcome! I’d say it’s no issue as long as you’re prepared to pay the extra shipping and the custom fees.

It’s fine as long as one buys from the classifieds as most members don’t mind putting a smaller customs value on the package. Not really an option when buying retail though.

While ceramics are easier to clean it’s not that big of an issue. Clay chips aren’t gonna get very dirty from a few homegames here and there. I would get samples from brpropoker.com and sunfly, compare those to the Paulsons you have and go with whatever you like best in terms of look and feel.
Thanks I'll look into these. Would one know in advance which fees and customs are due?

Welcome! Where at in Belgium (always looking to explore new places). You from there? If so, what’s your native tongue?

And don’t forget: https://matsuieurope.com/
Thanks, Flanders region --> Dutch native

Thanks I'll look into these. Would one know in advance which fees and customs are due?

Thanks, Flanders region --> Dutch native
Can’t speak for Belgium but Sweden taxes 25% of shipping value.

Welcome, ceramics are perfectly great chips and definitely less maintenance. If you can purchase a set through a member here you may be able to get a little bit lower shipping rate, but generally customs fees arent avoidable for large purchases

Don't forget, there are some great European manufacturers which you may explore. Once shipping and customs are taken into account may be around the price of ceramics coming out of the states.

Welcome and enjoy your time here!

EU is also a customs union, so the rules are the same. Duty + VAT is levied on import over a relatively low amount. As the EU duty AFAIK is 0 percent on poker chips from the US, only the local VAT rate applies.

EU is also a customs union, so the rules are the same. Duty + VAT is levied on import over a relatively low amount. As the EU duty AFAIK is 0 percent on poker chips from the US, only the local VAT rate applies.
You’re probably right. All I know is it sucks to buy a premium product, pay top dollar to have it shipped here and then someone wants me to pay even more :mad:. I’ve gotten so used to it I don’t really stop to think about it. It’s like getting a parking ticket. I pay really fast and then quickly forget all about it.

Welcome to the forum!

Not only that, but in addition to that it's 13% in customs fee on top of that, AND carrier supply fee on top of that AND, not only the shipping value but also the shipping value AND all these fees on the shipping cost itself AND shipping costs.

So yes, it will be 38% at least on the whole set + shipping fee + 38% on shipping fees and carrier supply fee.

Welcome to the forum!

Not only that, but in addition to that it's 13% in customs fee on top of that, AND carrier supply fee on top of that AND, not only the shipping value but also the shipping value AND all these fees on the shipping cost itself AND shipping costs.

So yes, it will be 38% at least on the whole set + shipping fee + 38% on shipping fees and carrier supply fee.
We sure should be very happy to have this place and not be forced to go retail for our fixes. Big thanks to everyone outside EU who kindly saves us some money by putting lesser customs values!

We sure should be very happy to have this place and not be forced to go retail for our fixes. Big thanks to everyone outside EU who kindly saves us some money by putting lesser customs values!
Yeah, paying VAT and customs and crap on *used* stuff bought from private individuals is just insane. But it's the law :(

Welcome to the forum!

+ PP fees
+ PP currency exchange

And all the above is paid with money that was already taxed 40-50% when I received it

Thanks for the welcomes & remarks. On customs and tax topic: I'll try keep an eye out for European sales in particular altho that heavily limits the supply.

short update, got myself some sweet near-mint EPT chips :) split them in two sets because of breakdown being too odd. First decent set now gonna look out for some clay samples but probably see first how this set fares.

Attachments

• 122409589_783206889198856_8338132305970769689_n.jpg
    122409589_783206889198856_8338132305970769689_n.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 128
  • 122147725_1532800073774607_6164894823977436425_n.jpg
    122147725_1532800073774607_6164894823977436425_n.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 124
Welcome fellow European! I have a set of EPT chips (not as many and slightly different colours/denominations) and they're great for the monthly tournament game. I think there are numerous configurations depending on the Chinese vendor they were originally purchased from.

Nice pick !
What are the breakdowns ?
5: 150x
10: 100x
25: 100x
50: 100x
100: 150x
200: 100x
500: 100x
1000: 75x
2000: 50x
5000: 50x
10.000: 25x
20.000: 5x
50.000: 5x

So mainly tournament set if it were used as a whole but friend and I decided to split it in two sets up based on # + colour breakdown and use it as a cash set with alternative values :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom