Help with mixed cash set

jpietrella

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

First attempt at a mixed cash set for me. Hoping I'll be able to add a watermelon/radiant red frac at some point, but right now would appreciate some help selecting a $25 chip and some feedback on the selections so far. I really like the brightness of the LCO $25, but not sure I love the same number of edge spots as the $1. What do you think?

mixedTHCset.png

upNdown

Royal Flush
Reaction score
In terms of keeping spot progression interesting, I’d go with the wet $25. But in terms of the inlays all fitting together nicely, I think the LCO is the clear choice.

jpietrella

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LCO looks good, now find a different hundred with better inlay
Oh, wow - I love that $100, especially with the colors playing off the $5 - I'm open to suggestions though! THC with a shaped inlay, preferably leaded - easy!

upNdown

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Black $20, white $100
It’s funny how Cali colors tweak me in increasing order.
Blue $1s - not my first choice, but I’m fine with them.
Yellow $5s - now we’re starting to get annoying, because $5’s are red. But yellow is interesting, so I can live with it.
Black $20s - Lool, black is the color of hundreds. Everybody knows this. But I mean, if it’s a home game and it’s the biggest chip on your table and it’s black, okay.
White $100s - NO! No no no.

jpietrella

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s funny how Cali colors tweak me in increasing order.
Blue $1s - not my first choice, but I’m fine with them.
Yellow $5s - now we’re starting to get annoying, because $5’s are red. But yellow is interesting, so I can live with it.
Black $20s - Lool, black is the color of hundreds. Everybody knows this. But I mean, if it’s a home game and it’s the biggest chip on your table and it’s black, okay.
White $100s - NO! No no no.
Yeah I sort of started building this around the yellow $5, just because I liked it so much and was lucky to be able to get them. Stumbled across some deals for the Riffles which I also love, and so here we are. Definitely agree with you about the white $100 and I'm not sure I could ever get used to a black $20 even if it's likely not to get a ton of use on the table with any regularity.

FordPickup92

Royal Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More or less its going to come down to what you can get your hands on. I have no clue how findable the LCO 25s would be, even though it does look nice there

buffalojim

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really like the look of the PBCL, then the LCO, then the PCA. I use the Aztar 25 secondary and PBCL 100 and an 8v 500 in the tournament portion of my set and and really like the look of that progression. Not a huge fan of the Aztar 100, but all of this is very subjective. I agree with @FordPickup92 though, my choices were mostly determined by what I could get my hands on and some luck. I think I've decided that wet chips are my favorite looking chips though. In the end, go with what you like.

Top Bottom