HELP! HELP! HELP! Custom Insert Chip Design!!! (1 Viewer)

linebacker55

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi folks. Looking to dive into the custom chip set. I've contacted a couple of merchants in the US and unfortunately the shipping/duties/taxes just make it cost ineffective for a custom chip. As a result, I have to rely on a Canadian supplier of either a 14 gram clay composite or a 10 gram ceramic chip. I need 1300 chips and the cost is $0.69 per clay composite chip or $1.26 for a 10 gram ceramic chip, shipping and taxes included. It's either $897 or $1638...a big investment either way. My concern is that the Canadian supplier won't let me see the design until I paid upfront. I have no idea what the design would look like on a clay composite or ceramic chip. So, I need your help. I've attached a few images. Any ideas how to improve the design? I've tried to include what the design would look like on the clay composite chip. Thanks in advance.
1646351651442.png

1646351796951.png

1646351688305.png

1646351726351.png

Are you looking at getting these from Straight Poker in Scarborough? I've bought form him before and he's a very reputable dealer. But my advice would be to order a few samples first to see how you like the feel. These are the Claysmith Desert Heat/Canyon Bluffs, I think. Not sure if SPS does sample sets, but you should be able to find them on Amazon or from another member.

yup...purchased from SPS (Charly) many times...but for $900 I would like to verify the design of the chip before purchase...Br Pro Poker was very accommodating, allowing me to change the design a number of times before I pushed the button...and while their prices for a ceramic set were the same as SPS, the shipping and duties/taxes put it way over the top.

Welcome to the forums!

I would suggest you have gotten a glimpse into what goes into creating a custom label from a technical standpoint. I would also suggest you maybe take more time to browse the endless galleries to find labels you like and maybe use elements of those before you haphazardly 'push the button' on these. Rushing this process can make you regret trying to save money on duties / taxes / shipping. You'll be hard pressed to find better quality work on mocking up and digital design than BRPro or some of the members here.

If you are going to produce a label perhaps look for some assistance. You can find a list of members that can help you. I would suggest this link might help you see more aspects of chip design - New Members Start Here I think there is a link to member services there.

Happy chipping!

Depending on your timeframe, another good option would be ordering "cards-mold" style (or plain) ceramic chips from China as part of a group buy; they seem to start up pretty often. The cost savings in outsourcing production to China well outweighs the increased freight costs. I think the final cost as a Canadian when the chips are actually in your hands is somewhere between 35c and 50c per chips. However, in order to go this route, you have to be willing to wait. From start to finish it takes close to a year, when you include getting a group buy formed, everyone getting their artwork ready, production, freight shipping from China (by sea), and then domestic reshipping from whichever member runs the group buy and receives the chips.

If you're interested in this at all, I've have a bunch of samples I could lend out to you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom