He threw his cards across the room and went home.... (2 Viewers)

mike32

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
There is a lower stakes cash game every other week in my town that I have been playing in for years, I definitely play way more poker than anyone else in this game. The last two times I have played in this game I have had a golden horseshoe up my arse. It is a $20 buy in cash game and I was already up a lot after 2 crazy sohe hands where I scooped. One of them I flopped the nuts in hold em and won against 2 other all in players in Omaha J high, seriously. The other wasn't much different. At that point literally all the money on the table was rebuys except for my stack, I had it all.

Dealer called a game they play called "One jack off" which is a 3 card poker guts game where you are dealt 2 face down and jacks are wild. There is a decent pot already in the middle from previous hands. I was dealt a J and Qc, on the 1,2,3 drop only myself and my already pissed off opponent held our cards. He table 2 J's and said "fuck you Mike32, I am finally taking some of your money! I conceded that yes he would. Then the third cards were dealt face up and I caught the Kc for the Royal 3 card flush, he caught the 3h. He did not realize that his 3 of a kind (or smaller straight flush) was a loser to my absolute 3 card poker nuts. When the guy next to me gave him the bad news he fired the cards across the room and left. He did rub my head on the way out so I hope he does not hate my guts, he only hates guts poker.

I was telling my wife that I actually think I am wearing out my welcome in this game. I think I have a little poker skill edge over these guys, but combine that with insane luck and it has been weird. I actually felt a bit guilty driving home, like I stomped out the friendly atmosphere. I apologize if this sounds like a sick brag thread, but I thought it was a pretty good tldr poker story.

I hate guts...... but not your guts. :)

Probably wouldn't hurt to evaluate the situation/mood next time you play there, and maybe go a little easy. Not saying you should dump or intentionally lose, but you can tighten up and only play premium hands, fold all the guts hands, etc. Small sacrifice to keep the natives happy and the game flavor intact. Let a few others be the big winners for the night; you can always pound 'em the next time. :sneaky:

I'm glad to hear somebody is running well, I am running just the opposite.

I lost three tournament buy-ins last night:

Buy-in one: 7s5s vs Ad2c - flop top two (7h5c4s) - turn is As (adding a flush draw for me) - river is 4h - paired board gives villain better two pair. My stack takes a big hit very next hand I get AQ suited I raise get called, flop is Q high no other draws. All the money gets in and I am shown KK. Time to rebuy

Buy-in two: I have AA against A3 suited - pre flop all-in heads up. flop is 7,9,2 rainbow - turn 4 - river 5. I lose to the straight. Yep another rebuy

Buy-in three: 99 vs AA - raise pre flop get called - flop is 933 - all the money goes in and the turn is the A of course,

I lose my third buy-in and the rebuy period is over. I can't throw my cards and go home because I am hosting. Time to drink some beer.

Buy-in one: 7s5s vs Ad2c - flop top two (7h5c4s) - turn is As (adding a flush draw for me) - river is 4h - paired board gives villain better two pair. My stack takes a big hit very next hand I get AQ suited I raise get called, flop is Q high no other draws. All the money gets in and I am shown KK. Time to rebuy

Buy-in two: I have AA against A3 suited - pre flop all-in heads up. flop is 7,9,2 rainbow - turn 4 - river 5. I lose to the straight. Yep another rebuy

Buy-in three: 99 vs AA - raise pre flop get called - flop is 933 - all the money goes in and the turn is the A of course,

I lose my third buy-in and the rebuy period is over. I can't throw my cards and go home because I am hosting. Time to drink some beer.

Geez, hopefully you got all your run bad out for the year in one night.

Lol, this was my night last night except my rebuys also extended in to cash game. Sucks when you host and run bad......

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom