Has Anybody used a 1" on LCrown? (1 Viewer)

Quicksilver-75

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Simple question. David says theoretically a 1" inlay can be used on any mold but with some risks...
Sooooo..... has anybody done it with the LCrowns specifically?

I have some that can be milled so you can see what it looks like.
Yeah. I'm more curious to see if anybody had them done. I want to know if there were any issues, how they looked and opinions.
I know from a previous experience with HHR and 1 1/16" that the process leaves more spinners than I'd hope. But it was only one denomination. I *think* the issue is, with the inner mold ring on any mold, using pressure and heat to push the inlay into the mold (and more Importantly the poly layer) leaves the Inlay, with its glue holding it place at its center, under a convex pressure. Where as the Inlay wants to belly out more than usual as the plastic layer is stretched into the negative surface space.
I'd imagine that it's worse the deeper the rings are in each mold, for all the mold choices.

If that makes sense.

Last edited:
Thread 'Large and Small crown inlay examples'
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/large-and-small-crown-inlay-examples.34065/

Large Crown - 7/8 inch and shaped no problem. The 1 inch inlay is distorted because the ring is so deep. I know sometimes our existing chips with larger inlays do this but this is one of the best examples I could get. Not acceptable. 1-1/16 actually touches the crowns and gets completely screwed up. The inlays fell off half of these also.
1684290989216.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom