Has anybody bought an XBox Series X recently? (1 Viewer)

12thMan

Full House
Reaction score
if you have what was your strategy? Pure luck and happened upon a restock? Followed a particular Twitter account or something? Other?

I'm not a big gamer or TV guy but we recently got a very nice tv and I want to take advantage of it with some vids!!! I watch sports, but other than that i don't watch TV; and my last consoles were the Xbox 360 and PS2. But, I do enjoy it when I play and I've got the itch again. Plus with Halo coming out for Xbox and Gran Turismo 7 for PlayStation I have to relive some of my twenties. :) Add in everything else the Xbox does and I have moved one to the need category.

I've only been "looking" for a couple weeks but I haven't had any dumb luck yet finding one in stock by just randomly checking places at random times. :rolleyes: I don't have twitter on my phone right now but I feel like that may be my best bet.

Any advice?

Thank you, just read it. I'll give in and put twitter on. you said "and continued to endure these continual alerts of geek tweets" in your thread. Lol I looked at warios account, yeah there's an alert damn near every hour. I see what you mean.

Also got some good advice to check Facebook market place from another member. Good tip, I always forget about that since I'm one of the 32 people on Earth who aren't on fb. :(

Facebook would be your best bet, prices aren't as bad normally as eBay and less concerning than CL. Plus you can get it fast locally if the shoe fits. You can still search FB without having an account - ask a friend to help.

I forget, but there are a few websites that track Xbox stocks across multiple sources.

I'm sure a quick Google will turn them up.
Search for Xbox stock tracker or something like that.

For example this site offers alerts.
https://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/microsoftxboxseriesx/

Option 2: go to an electronics store (not Walmart, think RadioShack/BestBuy/Staples) and chat up an employee. Ask if there is anyway for them to check stock at other locations.

Sometime a local-ish store may have 1 or 2 but no way to check online. Or even a further store and they can transfer it in.

I pre-ordered, but got a few for friends this way. Be prepared to ask this in person at each different type of store.

Walmart in my experience don't care to do this. But walmart website you can keep changing stores to check all stores within like 3 hr radius or whatever.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom