Recommend me some outdoor (recessed) speakers. (1 Viewer)

mburnznj

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
I have a covered patio area in my backyard that I want to do some work with. Right now it's nothing but soffit but I'm thinking of adding some speakers and a ceiling fan. I want to use the area more, especially in the summer time so I'd like to make it an entertainment area to hang out in.

What setup do you recommend? I want to stream music, maybe down the road add a TV to watch outside. I've been looking at the Sonos amp but was wondering is this needed if, let's say, I go with active speakers? I've also looked into Polk outdoor speakers. Not my area of expertise so don't know what kind of gear would be needed. Thanks for any info.

Man there are so many ways to go with this. First I would set a budget then double or triple it........

I have an outdoor covered patio also and just use a little bluetooth speaker. I mean even small ones if you get a good quality one put out impressive sound. It of course will not be a 7.1 or 7.2 surround sound setup. As for outdoor tv's I do not know. I think they have tv's that can handle some outdoor use?

I’ve got a Sonos amp linked to Polks on my back porch. Love the Sonos because I can control it so easily. Makes me use it more. I also added a Sonos sound bar outside which is nice - now I can pump the football games through all the outdoor speakers. Contemplating a sub next. Haha.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Forgot those “outdoor TVs.” TVs are so cheap these days, you can just replace it for cheaper than an investment in an outdoor model. $300 at Costco goes a long way. I’ve had my cheap Hisense Roku TV outside for years and no issues.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom