Guns you own (5 Viewers)

Tommy

Royal Flush
Admin
Supporter
Reaction score
Just seeing if we have any gun owners/enthusiasts here.

I have a Glock Model 20 10 mm. I bought it new many years ago when I lived in Philly.

My favorite hand gun is a 44 automag made by AMC. Wish I could find one. They are pretty rare.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3

I've sold a lot of my guns since buying a house (gotta love new expenses) but I've still got a couple.

First gun ever purchased: Ruger KP95 9mm (still own this one)

Other guns I still own:
Mossberg 500 (home defense version)
Mosin Nagant M91/30

Past guns:
my old carry gun: Ruger LCP .380
Western Field .410
Polish Underfolder AK47 (built it from a parts kit)

Past on-duty police weapons:

S&W 6906 9mm -- good reliable gun;
Beretta 92F -- big, heavy, finicky gun that was not reliable at all, possibly due lack of maintenance before being issued to me;
Glock 17 -- you can't get better than perfect, and this gun was;
Current: S&W 6906 -- heavy, but ideal for its purpose and very reliable

Off-duty (personal): Walther PPK .380

I've thought about getting a PPK for my new carry weapon, I need to get to the range and shoot it though before I decide. I wasn't a fan of the LCP. Too light for my preference.

Just seeing if we have any gun owners/enthusiasts here.

Yes

;)

I, um.. Own no weapons. However, I'm never worried about being mugged, robbed, etc...

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

image.jpg

I have a Glock Model 20 10 mm....

How's that 10mm working out? Can you even find ammo for that? Gotta be one expensive gun to shoot. I'd consider selling it, if you can, and going with another cal version. I'm partial to 9mm, because with the right load, it has the same ballistic principles as a .357 magnum. However, not opposed to .45 cal.

A year back, I won a Sig P290 from Gander Mountain. It's my new carry gun. Small, but accurate. Retails for $800. Woot free! Check out my gun in action... Not my hands in the pic.. I was letting a neighbor have a go.

;). Check out that fireball! Unedited pic.

Last edited:
I have

Ruger m77 mrkII target in 25-06
1942 lee enfield mrkIII* 303 made in Austria
Rem 870 12g express super mag
Baikal 12g semi super mag
Bruno 22lr
Ruger mrk1 target 22-250
Savage 11/111 fncs 270 wsm
Coey 16g single

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

How's that 10mm working out? Can you even find ammo for that? Gotta be one expensive gun to shoot. I'd consider selling it, if you can, and going with another cal version. I'm partial to 9mm, because with the right load, it has the same ballistic principles as a .357 magnum. However, not opposed to .45 cal.

A year back, I won a Sig P290 from Gander Mountain. It's my new carry gun. Small, but accurate. Retails for $800. Woot free! Check out my gun in action... Not my hands in the pic.. I was letting a neighbor have a go.

;). Check out that fireball! Unedited pic.

Sell it! No way. Love this gun. No problems getting ammo. Box of 50 x 180 grain HP is around $21. I've seen it as low as $18.
My next gun will be a Glock 26 9mm to carry. My buddy just got one. Very nice and compact.

My next gun will be a Glock 26 9mm to carry. My buddy just got one. Very nice and compact.

The 26 is a great gun. Not that I own any guns, but if I did, I'd probably own one of them two, and it'd probably be in my bedroom, handy to repel any home invaders

;)

The 26 is a great gun. Not that I own any guns, but if I did, I'd probably own one of them two, and it'd probably be in my bedroom, handy to repel any home invaders

;)

I used to have my 9mm in my nightstand but now I just keep my 12 gauge with the 20 inch barrel and pistol grip close by. The first 2 shots in the mag are rubber "less lethal" slugs, the remaining 6 are OO buck. Hopefully I never have to use it for home defense!

I used to have my 9mm in my nightstand but now I just keep my 12 gauge with the 20 inch barrel and pistol grip close by. The first 2 shots in the mag are rubber "less lethal" slugs, the remaining 6 are OO buck. Hopefully I never have to use it for home defense!

What! You got the loads in backwards. Lethal first then non-lethal to piss them off as the lights go out. :)

;)

lol :)

Nah, I'm just a Clint Eastwood fan. ;) He used one in the movie Sudden Impact. It was the first time I saw one.

The gun was featured in the series, written originally by Don Pendleton, which I believe was a pseudonym. The series started before Sudden Impact was released, but it was odd how several features from the books, like using cut down .308 casings made it into the movie script.

Apparently it was not a pseudo (tyvm wiki), and the Rights were sold to Harlequin at one point in the early 80's so it seems logical that someone on the assembly line might have "borrowed" the info.

Last edited:
I own a ar 15
9mm
22 rifle so far and a cross bow if that counts ;)

Sell it! No way. Love this gun. No problems getting ammo. Box of 50 x 180 grain HP is around $21. I've seen it as low as $18.

My EDC CCW growth

Sig P239 9mm compact single stack. Heavy stainless slide, but an absolute tack driver.
Glock 26 9mm sub compact double stack. Light, reliable
Sig P290 9mm sub compact single stack. Light, stainless slide, heavy trigger. Very concealable
Glock 43 9mm sub compact single stack. Light. Thin, concealable, feels great in hand. Winner

I like guns and all, but I don’t usually get excited about them. They’re tools. I have to saw, the G43 is the one gun I’m excited about. A few coworkers snagged the G43 and raves about them... I see why. By far the smallest gun I own, but by far just as reliable and accurate. The most easily concealed. Just crazy.

If you’re thinking about a G26, I’d steer you into giving the G43 a look. The G43 and IWB holster

1A12399D-414A-44A7-8015-36A4A4F58285.jpeg

17EE04DF-216A-4D24-9141-B08C1E670D45.jpeg

My latest companion to my G43...snagged it last night

79DAA8EC-F19A-4CC9-90A1-88092B70C482.jpeg

I have a few....., but my favorites are

Beretta A400 xtreme - hunting gun
1950's Browning A5 shotgun
Springfield XD 9mm
Sig Sauer 1911
Henry lever action .22
AR15 I built

I mostly just shoot the shotguns now, but used to shoot USPA with the XD before I started having kids.

Switched to a bow for hunting, but have only managed to drop a turkey and no big game.

I also umm don’t own any guns... if I did my modest arsenal would include:
Smith and Wesson Sigma .40
Ruger 10/22 for vermin and plinking around
Remington 12ga

All of mine fell in the lake while on a fishing trip, but before that happened the HK VP9 was the newest addition that I really enjoyed. Best trigger for a factory gun by far. Ambidextrous controls standard, night sights too. Priced the same as Glock but much better weapon in my opinion.

But alas that damn boating accident.

My EDC CCW growth

Sig P239 9mm compact single stack. Heavy stainless slide, but an absolute tack driver.
Glock 26 9mm sub compact double stack. Light, reliable
Sig P290 9mm sub compact single stack. Light, stainless slide, heavy trigger. Very concealable
Glock 43 9mm sub compact single stack. Light. Thin, concealable, feels great in hand. Winner

I like guns and all, but I don’t usually get excited about them. They’re tools. I have to saw, the G43 is the one gun I’m excited about. A few coworkers snagged the G43 and raves about them... I see why. By far the smallest gun I own, but by far just as reliable and accurate. The most easily concealed. Just crazy.

If you’re thinking about a G26, I’d steer you into giving the G43 a look. The G43 and IWB holster

View attachment 135459

View attachment 135458

My latest companion to my G43...snagged it last night

View attachment 135453
I like the Sigs (have one)but never have been a fan of the Glocks(have zero). My go to is a Kimber Crimson Carry .45 ACP in the commander size. Second favorite is my Beretta Inox Model 96 40 S&W. I have others but these are my top two.

List of guns I own

1. Plenty

Guns I've sold for poker chips

Marlin 45/70 SDT one of 500 made (still hurts)
S&W 629 V- Comp (hurts)
S&W M&P 45,22 (meh)
S&W M&P Shield ( to small for my hand)

Last edited:
Glock 30
Remington 1911
Walther PPK
Smith & Wesson 38 revolver

List of guns I own

1 Plenty

Guns I've sold for poker chips

Marlin 45/70 SDT one of 500 made (still hurts)
S&W 629 V- Comp (hurts)
S&W M&P 45,22 (meh)
S&W M&P Shield ( to small for my hand)

I know a lot of people love the M&P, but I can't hit jack with one

I’m a target shooting enthusiast on rare occasions.

Favorite long gun that I’ve shot? Hawken muzzleloading blackpowder rifle. Double triggers: set and hair-release. Absolutely beautiful and a pleasure to load and shoot. Weighed a ton, though.

Favorite pistol that I’ve shot? Old fashioned wheel gun: S&W 681, a .357 Ohio Highway Patrol model.

Last edited:
Wait.

Sell guns?

tenor.gif

My first weapon was a snub nose .357 S&W. It's only a 5-shot, but it's great for sticking in your pocket when you have to run out for milk at 11pm.

Next, I bought a Remington 870 Express Tactical in 12g. It has the master key choke, which doesn't really serve any practical purpose, but if I ever need to punch out a door handle...

After that, I bought a Springfield 1911 in Commander size. That was my EDC for a long time because, you know, .45ACP.

Next, I think, was a Rock River 5.56 AR15. I haven't tricked it out too much, but it does have an EOTech. It was a toss-up between the EOTech and an Aimpoint.

Somewhere in there I picked up a Springfield XDm in 9mm. It's capacity and the ballistics of the round instantly made it my EDC and it still is today. Don't let anyone tell you that you can't conceal a full size pistol IWB. And it's dead-on, balls accurate.

I also picked up a Mosin Nagant because they were cheap and I figured it would be fun to refinish the stock. Still haven't done that, but it's my only bolt action.

I also picked up a S&W M&P in .22 to teach my kids the controls on an AR. I figured they'd have their own some day and it would be a good introduction so they could transition smoothly. It's pretty fun to shoot and it's a .22 so they can handle it without a problem (tho they like to shoot the 5.56 version much better).

Not that long ago, I also picked up a S&W M&P in .40 because I didn't have that caliber yet, and building up 2000 rounds of that would be fun.

All of mine fell in the lake while on a fishing trip, but before that happened the HK VP9 was the newest addition that I really enjoyed. Best trigger for a factory gun by far. Ambidextrous controls standard, night sights too. Priced the same as Glock but much better weapon in my opinion.

But alas that damn boating accident.

Where do you find an HK priced the same as a Glock? Tell me and I'll buy two.

Vp9s can be found for nearly 450 on sale. Right now they are hovering at 519ish... So yes, HK at a Glock price. It's not a USP tho

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom