Guns you own (3 Viewers)

Some of my favorites and rare pistols...

P228 w/ factory hard chrome
P220 sport with factory comp
Pardini gt45
Sig p210 Swiss
HK p30L custom
Sig X5

IMG_20171121_190230.jpg

My step kid is a duel citizen of Australia, so I get heat from her side if the family on this subject all the time. Ugh.
I think the idea is just super strange to us, since they are so unobtainable.

Whilst I think the law allowing them is kind of crazy (not that I want to threadjack and turn this into an anti gun discussion) I’d be full on the bandwagon and buying my own sweet collection of guns given the chance.

Since I can’t own them, I’ll join in the only way I can. I have fired a glock 22 and a 9mm beretta which were both pretty sweet.

I also had a go of an ak47 and some kind of Eastern European army issue rifle, which scared the crap out of me with its power.

I use the site guns.deals to check for the best prices.

Palmetto is out of the VP9 now but they can be found for $454 with 2 mags using the price match feature.

BD1511CE-B15E-455A-8F14-537DF62A336C.png

Had 4 Ar15's , 2 colt and 2 DPMS, 1 HK 91 clone , 3 SK's , 2 AK's , 1 L1A1 Fal which I still have , Swedish Mauser in 6.5 cal , WW2 German 8mm , British .303 , Japanese 7.7mm , M1 Garand , M1 carbine , Savage FV112 heavy barrel 308 cal. , Kimber 1911 Master Carry .45 , Springfield Xd .45 , Kimber 1911 9mm , Ruger Sr 9mm , Ruger Sr 22 . Plus other .22 cal rifles.

I was going to say 9mm revolver with half moon clips.
This one is clipless but that would have been close. I think Ruger just put their 9mm sp101 back into production. It takes clips but that would still be a fun one.

Some nice safe queens in this thread for sure!
20171121_203522.jpg

@David O back in the day I got a Kimber Stainless Pro Carry II when I started thinking about CCW. I started having failure to feed malfunctions about one or two every hundred rounds. I joined 1911 forum and sought guidance from the old timers. Clean it like this, buy ammo like that. Shoot it to break it in. Started reloading. Pushed my hand loads hotter with the likes of Longshot. It got a little better but, would still throw a FTF every so often. I didn't think that much about it until I got really serious about CCW. Some family urged me to take some pistol training, but noted company wasn't huge on 1911s. I was already weary with the Kimber at that point so I decided to just buy a G19. I started practicing with it before the class and I noted two things: 1. I hated the trigger and 2. the thing just ran like a whipped dog. Any kind of ammo. Dirty ammo, dirty mags, dirty gun. The thing just ran. I was already loving it before the class.

When it was time for class, I showed up for the first day and several 1911 guys were there. We shot about 1000 rounds in two days and those 1911 guys got a lot of practice clearing malfunctions. One Wilson Combat, one Kimber, and one Nighthawk. The G19 made it through unscathed. After that class I knew that if I was going to carry a firearm, it was going to be a modern firearm that just worked. There are some good 1911s for sure, but there are many other modern firearms that I would trust my life with before considering a 1911. I've been to lots of classes since then, and I've seen 1911s do fine, but the Glocks and Smiths just do it better.

I also inherited a Kimber Crimson Ultra Carry a few years ago. I get it out every once in a while for the memories, but it gets FTFs as well. Beautiful gun. I just don't trust it.

Lol @ @Trihonda's carbon fiber holster!:ROFL: :ROFLMAO:;)

View attachment 135481

@David O back in the day I got a Kimber Stainless Pro Carry II when I started thinking about CCW. I started having failure to feed malfunctions about one or two every hundred rounds. I joined 1911 forum and sought guidance from the old timers. Clean it like this, buy ammo like that. Shoot it to break it in. Started reloading. Pushed my hand loads hotter with the likes of Longshot. It got a little better but, would still throw a FTF every so often. I didn't think that much about it until I got really serious about CCW. Some family urged me to take some pistol training, but noted company wasn't huge on 1911s. I was already weary with the Kimber at that point so I decided to just buy a G19. I started practicing with it before the class and I noted two things: 1. I hated the trigger and 2. the thing just ran like a whipped dog. Any kind of ammo. Dirty ammo, dirty mags, dirty gun. The thing just ran. I was already loving it before the class.

When it was time for class, I showed up for the first day and several 1911 guys were there. We shot about 1000 rounds in two days and those 1911 guys got a lot of practice clearing malfunctions. One Wilson Combat, one Kimber, and one Nighthawk. The G19 made it through unscathed. After that class I knew that if I was going to carry a firearm, it was going to be a modern firearm that just worked. There are some good 1911s for sure, but there are many other modern firearms that I would trust my life with before considering a 1911. I've been to lots of classes since then, and I've seen 1911s do fine, but the Glocks and Smiths just do it better.

I also inherited a Kimber Crimson Ultra Carry a few years ago. I get it out every once in a while for the memories, but it gets FTFs as well. Beautiful gun. I just don't trust it.

I forgot, I changed my recoil spring to either a 16 or 18 pound spring. No issues after that small change.

lol @ @Trihonda's carbon fiber holster!:ROFL: :ROFLMAO:;)

Dustin Ozark makes one of the best IWB holsters in existence. The hybrid (horse Hyde and kydex) holsters are by far one of the most comfortable and concealable holsters. I’ve purchased his holsters for almost every one of my carry guns.

2BE61634-6F5E-4E3A-986E-07C13FF6DF4B.jpeg

I've used Crossbreed, but I found another guy on XDForums that made a superior product. Fleece on the backside for comfort and sweat absorption. Prices were better than Crossbreed too. His name was Gavin.

I recently tried to find him again but it looks like he might be out of business. His old website was FirearmHolster.com.

Last edited:
I use Aliengear. It's made with wetsuit material, so it's really soft on the body and sticks to your side. No rubbing.

I've used Crossbreed, but I found another guy on XDForums that made a superior product. Fleece on the backside for comfort and sweat absorption. Prices were better than Crossbreed too. His name was Gavin.

I recently tried to find him again but it looks like he might be out of business. His old website was FirearmHolster.com.

Here’s Ozarks website. https://ozarksholstercompany.com/

09D1A9EC-20CE-463C-8F17-956E0A7FC400.jpeg

Dustin Ozark makes one of the best IWB holsters in existence. The hybrid (horse Hyde and kydex) holsters are by far one of the most comfortable and concealable holsters. I’ve purchased his holsters for almost every one of my carry guns.

I'm sure he makes fine holsters. I was mostly laughing at the irony of putting carbon fiber on something that no one should ever see.

I'm sure he makes fine holsters. I was mostly laughing at the irony of putting carbon fiber on something that no one should ever see.

Well, same philosophy behind fancy lingerie... most people won’t see it, but the wearer knows it’s there, and knows it looks damn good!

67E7F33C-720D-4C8A-9616-31F0415DD7C6.jpeg
View attachment 135481

Totally agree, love my G19 and SW Shield.
Easily concealable for a smaller person and always reliable.
If I want a little more punch, my G30 does that really well.

No longer own a gun. I had a Springfield .40 XD Tactical which after about a year I traded for a .45 XD Compact. Got rid of it when I moved from Indiana to Illinois.

I love these conversations because they are so far from my experience.

In Oz its rare that you even know someone who owns a gun. I have a mate in the Pistol club but that's pretty rare to know someone with a pistol license. the rules to owning a pistol is a you have to be a member of a gun club you have to attend a gun safety course, you have to be sponsored by a member before you can apply for a license. when you apply for a license you have to have a police background check. have no prior mental health issues etc. Then you need to have an approval to purchase a firearm. then and only then you can go looking for a pistol. Only the pistol listed on the approval. then there is a 3 month wait whilst the background check is done. then you can pick up the pistol. if you see a pistol you like you have to apply for a noter permission to acquire and redo the process again.

Now lets look into the restrictions once yo actually purchase the pistol. You need a back to basde alarm in your house. You need a safe where you store the ammo separaqtely to the pistol. you need a police inspection of your house, safe and alarm before you bring the firearm into your house. Then the cops at any reasonable time can rock up to your door to check that your pistol is secured under the rules.

transporting your pistol

you can only be in possession of the firearm when its in a locked container. that locked container needs to be locked to the car.
you can only transport the firearm from your house to the pistol range. You cant shoot it anywhere else.
you cannot leave the car unattended whilst transporting the firearm.
If the firearm leaves the state both police departments must be informed.

ahhh i think that's about it.

Similar rules for rifles. only that you can hunt with rifles but only on a farm where you have written permission. im not sure if you have to register that permission with the cops. and you can only get a bolt or lever action rifle. no semi, full auto or pumps. same for shotguns.

lastly any replica rifle is under the same rules as a real gun. if you hold up a store with a replica you will be prosecuted as tho it was real.

and the laws here are really strict.

thats about it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom