Great buying strategy (1 Viewer)

Most of my fixed-price chip sales are ChipMax.com style... the price is what it is.

This thread has been very informative. Thank you to everyone who shared their input.

In the past I've not always kept good records of what I paid for chips, and been lazy when it came to creating wts ads and have therefore used the "make me an offer" approach at times. Mostly out of laziness and not knowing what to ask.

Those ads did not attract as much attention as other ads I had which had prices. And it makes total sense now that it could rub people the wrong way. Sorry about that.

So note to self, next time put way more effort into it and more research. :)

Right...well it was even better than that. He offers $800 in the post - I respond that I'll do $700/shipped, immediately fire off another offer at $650 with an option on each rack (one is dirty). He comes back saying $550. (not sure why I even responded) - I reply that my best offer is $585/shipped, with option prices for each rack (to my best recollection, this is about what I paid...and they are hard to find by normal means). I get back the following as he lowballs multiple parties.

Let me sleep on it. Will get back to you tomorrow. Thanks.

Thought about it and the price is too high. Thanks for contacting me.

I'm thinking of selling this way. For example, $100/shipped for PCA secondary $5s rack. With a bunch of responses, "oh, you'll pay more than $100? How much?"...cherry pick for the best offer...or maybe decide not to sell. Why short change myself? They're probably worth at least $350.

I think many here may be overlooking a significant detail. He was offering a buying price that he was later unwilling to pay, then all the sellers came out and he lowballed them against each other.

Example, I'll offer $900 for a rack of Mapes $5s. What? 5 sellers attracted, let's privately separately lowball each of them after they got their hopes up of making a premium for something that an impatient buyer wanted right away.

No worries brother.

1. You're not pulling a "bait and switch" with an outrageous offer that you never intended on honoring.
2. You have a good history and reputation here

This thread has been very informative. Thank you to everyone who shared their input.

In the past I've not always kept good records of what I paid for chips, and been lazy when it came to creating wts ads and have therefore used the "make me an offer" approach at times. Mostly out of laziness and not knowing what to ask.

Those ads did not attract as much attention as other ads I had which had prices. And it makes total sense now that it could rub people the wrong way. Sorry about that.

So note to self, next time put way more effort into it and more research. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom