GPI/BCC Spotted Hot Stamps (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are the colors available for chip color and edge spot ?

Is there a link to the designer tool in order to play a bit with the colors and edge spots ?

The OP has all of the information regarding spots and colors. I also added a link in my last reply to you with the URL for the GPI chip designer tool.

OK, some colors I did not find in the tool so I used some which I think are close (cherry instead of cranberry, pink instead of corral).
Here're the colors I like. Especially the 3st values (25/100/500). For the 1000 & 5000 I'm not convinced.

téléchargement.png

You can always relabel them for a cash set! ;)

Yeah that's why I watching with interest. However if they are hot stamped that would require milling before relabeling (added cost). If they had small inlays a unlaminated label might be possible but there would have to be a whole rethinking of colors for a cash set vs tournament set (chips/colors next to each other etc...)

I did mock up a cash set with the BCC colors (substituted the ones not in the designer) with the 314 spots just for fun... denoms of .25/1/5/20/100

index12345.png

Anyway I still don't need (what?) another tournament set but I can't wait to see what develops here.

As far as spot colors go, my understanding is you can have two spot colors only on style 4. All other styles get a single spot color.

Okay guys. Here is what I know so far. There is a $125 set up fee for each hot stamp denomination. I am personally thinking about getting some labels from @Gear and relabeling my set to look like this:

MWplNkKl.png

So, we could get around the small inlays by using aftermarket labels, and in the off-chance that others like the Four Suits tournament label, I would be happy to label them for those folks. We could place the order with GPI and then one with Chris, have them all shipped here, and I would do any relabeling and shipping. However, if that were the case then it would be smarter to do inlays through GPI and save the $125/denom set-up fee. This would also help those who are interested in a cash set as the chips could be relabeled with actual cash values on them.

However, if people would rather have hot stamps then I completely understand that and we could move it forward that way.

Pretty sure that the base price of hot-stamped chips will be lower than the base price of chips with inlays. And typically they won't tell you either one until you actually place an order.

It depends entirely on both the number of hot-stamp denoms and total chips ordered which option (hot-stamped or inlays) becomes cheaper overall -- spreading the hot-stamp set-up fee costs across more chips lowers the overall per-chip cost.

I also found a GPI sales graphic showing a simulated Blue Chip hot-stamp design. It's definitely larger than the stock inlay diameter (which is good news, I think). I'll post it later tonight.

Pretty sure that the base price of hot-stamped chips will be lower than the base price of chips with inlays. And typically they won't tell you either one until you actually place an order.

It depends entirely on both the number of hot-stamp denoms and total chips ordered which option (hot-stamped or inlays) becomes cheaper overall -- spreading the hot-stamp set-up fee costs across more chips lowers the overall per-chip cost.

I also found a GPI sales graphic showing a simulated Blue Chip hot-stamp design. It's definitely larger than the stock inlay diameter (which is good news, I think). I'll post it later tonight.

That's great news! I would really appreciate it if you would post that photo.

Thanks so much, Dave!

I added one more chip to the line-up for those who are interested in a T5 or for relabeling purposes. I have done my best to make the set look good (IMO) and keep repeated colors far away from one another. I haven't yet designed all of the stamps, so I just used the stamp from the T25 on each chip. Here is the current set:
  • T5 - Cranberry with Camel spots
  • T25 - Day Green with Coral spots
  • T100 - Black with Antique White spots
  • T500 - Sky Blue with Lavender spots
  • T1000 - Canary Yellow with Day Green spots
  • T5000 - Coral with Cranberry spots
  • T25,000 - Antique White with Maroon spots
WRvAEHmh.png

Any input is appreciated. Thanks guys.

The GPI edge spot patterns (P-3, BC-3) aren't really 1/4-pie -- it's actually two inserts added to a slug to emulate a true 1/4-pie chip (like those made by ASM or TRK). Most of the time, the pressed inserts spill over into the chip center recess (which is typically covered by a full-size inlay giving the appearance of 1/4-pie).

I don't think they would look very good with a hot-stamp (or even with a smaller-than-recess diameter inlay, as is the case here with the flower mold). The Colombani 100 chip shown in post #16 is an example of how the spots can spread unevenly.
I was picturing this kind of looks, probably works better with precise clean edge spots
25207597-AAC6-424F-919E-9C35AB227F81.jpeg

I should be hearing back from GPI shortly, but I wanted to show you guys something first. I was under the impression that the chip absolutely had to say "no cash value" on it. It turns out that is not the case, so I made a version without it. This allows for a larger denomination and for the Four Suits logo to be larger, but I need to know which one you guys prefer.

On the left is the original and on the right is the new, simpler design.

VldFlnTl.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom