Good vibes and prayers.. (1 Viewer)

Beez_Kneez

Straight
Reaction score
Over the last couple of days, I've debated whether or not if I should post this as I usually don't bring up my personal life in public forums. But I've since decided that every little bit helps.

So here it goes..

A few days ago, my oldest son (Russ) suffered a massive stroke. He's just 28. From what we know, his blood pressure wasn't a contributing factor. Instead, we believe that he had an accident while helping a friend work on a vehicle and severely strained his neck to the point that some kind of tear resulted in a clot that went to his brain. Almost the complete right side was damaged. The only good to come out of it, is that his ability to walk and talk weren't affected to where he could relearn those again. As it stands now, his entire left arm is useless, which in all honesty, is the least of his concerns.

Initially, they did a Thrombectomy where they went in through the groin area to remove the clot. They also did a carotid dissection and put ain a stint that's roughly 3". The only other real option at this point is to have the surgeons do a craniotomy, which they currently don't see a need for.

He's by no means out of the woods and as you could imagine, is in critical condition. I was told at one point that he has about a 40% chance to pull through.

Regardless of who you worship or what you believe, Russ and my other son and I could could use all of the good vibes and prayers that anyone can muster. We're hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst.

https://gofund.me/18beddbe

Attachments

• PXL_20240522_181254170.MP_1.jpg
    PXL_20240522_181254170.MP_1.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
So sorry to hear that. All the best wishes to you and your son as he does his best to pull through.

Let's go Russ! Sending all my positive vibes your way :hearts:

Saying prayers for you and your family. I’m a relatively new dad (I’ve got 3 now, with my eldest being 5) and I never realized until having a child just how much I could care about someone else well being. I can’t imagine…

Praying and sending good vibes

Lord hear our prayers for Russ, that through your grace and love for him he will pull through this crisis and return to a fullness of life. Amen.

I survived a massive stroke five and a half years ago, and although I walk with a cane and no longer have use of my left arm, have returned to good health. I pray for this or better for Russ, and for you and your family to be strong through this trying time in all your lives.

My wife is in charge of prayers, but I have no shortage of hopes and wishes, and they're all directed at Russ and your family...

Lord hear our prayers for Russ, that through your grace and love for him he will pull through this crisis and return to a fullness of life. Amen.

I survived a massive stroke five and a half years ago, and although I walk with a cane and no longer have use of my left arm, have returned to good health. I pray for this or better for Russ, and for you and your family to be strong through this trying time in all your lives.
As do we all.
And assuming that he does pull through, he will have lost the use of his left arm also. Thankfully, things like his speech and walking can be brought back.

Most recent updates:
- upgraded to critical, but stable.
- all lines/tubes with the exception of his feeding time, has been removed.
- is drinking liquids like gatorade, water, soup etc., through a straw.
- has started working on his mobility and speech. Sitting, standing etc..
- also waiting to be transfered to a regular room out of the ICU.

Most recent updates:
- upgraded to critical, but stable.
- all lines/tubes with the exception of his feeding time, has been removed.
- is drinking liquids like gatorade, water, soup etc., through a straw.
- has started working on his mobility and speech. Sitting, standing etc..
- also waiting to be transfered to a regular room out of the ICU.
Headed in the right direction, great to hear :)

Thinking of you, Russ and the rest of the family. I can only imagine how you are all holding up. You all have got this, and best wishes for his recovery.

Thanks for the update. Prayers said and continuing for Russ's healing, and for the strength that you and your family need to get through this.

First time seeing this thread, looks like thing are headed in the right direction, praying Russ continues to make progress :tup:

Russ will continue to improve daily, look at me for example, still here 5 1/2 years later, my doctor says I’m doing fine and to keep on living.

God be with you all.

All the encouragement for Russ!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom