Hello from Maryland! (4 Viewers)

SuperJax

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

New member here from Maryland. I started playing in some neighborhood games and fell in love with the game. Now my oldest son (20) got bitten by the bug. Most of his college friends play too, so we had a table built and have been playing games with a mix of his friends and mine. The mix of old / young guys playing is great. Truthfully, I'm just happy that at 20 he and his boys still want to hang with his old man. :)

My middle son doesn't have much interest in the game, but my youngest (15) does. My wife doesn't want him playing in the big games ......... she thinks we are turning him into a degenerate gambler. We teller we are honing his math skills. :p

Thanks, and glad to be here!

-- Bruce

Welcome! Lots of chippers in MD - from up near the PA line, down through the DMV area, and even southern MD out to the OC area.

Where in MD are you?

Welcome Bruce!

Lots of awesome collectors in the area, I'm in Finksburg near Westminster but grew up in N Laurel (Scaggsville), went to Hammond High and used to play the Ole Glenelg boys in Baseball.

So built a table and regular game.going... still using dice chips or denominated chips? Any hopes or plans so far on chip sets from lurking around on the forum?

Fellow Chipper
Ben

Welcome Bruce!

Lots of awesome collectors in the area, I'm in Finksburg near Westminster but grew up in N Laurel (Scaggsville), went to Hammond High and used to play the Ole Glenelg boys in Baseball.

So built a table and regular game.going... still using dice chips or denominated chips? Any hopes or plans so far on chip sets from lurking around on the forum?

Fellow Chipper
Ben
Thanks Ben! I'm very familiar with Hammond High! A good friendly rivalry with Glenelg! My boys play soccer and basketball ...... so not much baseball for us. ;) Westminster is a great area. There is a great sports memorabilia place up there called Great Moments. I get by there every so often, but love the area.

We have a nice 1200 CPS (Championship Poker Series) set we bought from a local friend ..... I believe Apache used to sell them but don't any more. I would actually love to get a few more of them if I can find them. They are China clays and a few of ours have broken, but they sure do get a lot of use.

What chips are you using?

-- Bruce

Thanks! I'm in Glenelg, a suburb of Baltimore.
You have to love any town with a palindromic name! Do you know where the name came from?

Apart from Scotland, the "Glen" part is obvious, but the "elg"?

Lord Glenelg, yes, and a place name on Mars to boot!

(Ex- Catonsville and Gaithersburg here...)

Last edited:
Damn, had to do my own work: "Glenelg is the ancient and modern name derived or compounded of Gleann and seilg, signifying the valley of hunting or glean and elid signifying the valley of the roe."

And I thought I had Sundays off...

Welcome from Maryland also! Cute puppers in your photo :love:
That's wonderful you can enjoy time with your sons and friends all together. PCF will be a great place for you and your family to explore all the nooks and crannies of the poker world!
I'd recommend picking up a set of mixed game cards and slowly giving them a try.. you guys may have a lot of fun!

Cheers and happy posting
Brie

Thanks Ben! I'm very familiar with Hammond High! A good friendly rivalry with Glenelg! My boys play soccer and basketball ...... so not much baseball for us. ;) Westminster is a great area. There is a great sports memorabilia place up there called Great Moments. I get by there every so often, but love the area.

We have a nice 1200 CPS (Championship Poker Series) set we bought from a local friend ..... I believe Apache used to sell them but don't any more. I would actually love to get a few more of them if I can find them. They are China clays and a few of ours have broken, but they sure do get a lot of use.

What chips are you using?

-- Bruce
The are CPS chips around and if you share the ones you need in a wanted ad once you have hit 10 posts... maybe some out there have exrtas.

I have 400 of them but high denoms $25k, $100k, $500k and $1mil. But 2 of the denoms are the same color. Had some Orange bickles too but got rid of those a while back...

**what chips and I using?"

How about the game last couple weekends... we used these
20240101_140746.jpg

20240210_203330.jpg

And cash after was
20240212_140627.jpg

My favorite cash set I own... hmmm
20230828_212359.jpg

Obviously not using $.50 at the same time as quarters, and the $10s are for lower stakes nights when you arent getting many $25s in play. I love the 414 edge spot pattern on the $5 and it's out Home Flags colors.

Anyways with your boys maybe think.about checking out the Super Poker World chips. I started out with a small resonable set and loved the chips so much I added on 3 more times
20220511_155034.jpg

20220413_185416.jpg

Lots of different options and directions to go.in the hobby.

Always around if you need help with the terminology "language" of the hobby or just questions about chips. Myself and the rest of the Maryland crew would be happy to help.

Fellow Chipper Ben

Attachments

• 20240101_140746.jpg
    20240101_140746.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 10
You have to love any town with a palindromic name! Do you know where the name came from?

Haha I had no idea where the name came from ..... but thanks for this info. Very interesting stuff!

Damn, had to do my own work: "Glenelg is the ancient and modern name derived or compounded of Gleann and seilg, signifying the valley of hunting or glean and elid signifying the valley of the roe."

And I thought I had Sundays off...
Sorry to make you work on a Sunday. ;) All of my neighbors are going to think I'm a genius when I lay this on them. :)

I was today years old when I realized Glenelg was a palindrome…..

Welcome from Maryland also! Cute puppers in your photo :love:
That's wonderful you can enjoy time with your sons and friends all together. PCF will be a great place for you and your family to explore all the nooks and crannies of the poker world!
I'd recommend picking up a set of mixed game cards and slowly giving them a try.. you guys may have a lot of fun!

Cheers and happy posting
Brie
Thanks you! Jax is my man ..... he is a handful! ;)

Thanks for the mixed game cards suggestion ...... I will definitely check that out.

-- Bruce

The are CPS chips around and if you share the ones you need in a wanted ad once you have hit 10 posts... maybe some out there have exrtas.

I have 400 of them but high denoms $25k, $100k, $500k and $1mil. But 2 of the denoms are the same color. Had some Orange bickles too but got rid of those a while back...

**what chips and I using?"

How about the game last couple weekends... we used these
View attachment 1285339
View attachment 1285340
And cash after was
View attachment 1285338
My favorite cash set I own... hmmm
View attachment 1285341
Obviously not using $.50 at the same time as quarters, and the $10s are for lower stakes nights when you arent getting many $25s in play. I love the 414 edge spot pattern on the $5 and it's out Home Flags colors.

Anyways with your boys maybe think.about checking out the Super Poker World chips. I started out with a small resonable set and loved the chips so much I added on 3 more times
View attachment 1285343
View attachment 1285344
Lots of different options and directions to go.in the hobby.

Always around if you need help with the terminology "language" of the hobby or just questions about chips. Myself and the rest of the Maryland crew would be happy to help.

Fellow Chipper Ben
Thank you Ben! You have some great chips there! I am definitely going to check out the Super Poker World chips too! We don't have any 5s ...... just 25s through 5000s. Would like a few of the higher denominations (maybe even one of each just for show) and maybe just some more 25s and 100s. If we could get a decent amount of 5s we would be in for those too.

Looks like you have a great poker game crew. Here is a shot of our setup, just before people started showing up. Need to get some good chairs though.

PokerNight.jpg

-- Bruce

Thank you Ben! You have some great chips there! I am definitely going to check out the Super Poker World chips too! We don't have any 5s ...... just 25s through 5000s. Would like a few of the higher denominations (maybe even one of each just for show) and maybe just some more 25s and 100s. If we could get a decent amount of 5s we would be in for those too.

Looks like you have a great poker game crew. Here is a shot of our setup, just before people started showing up. Need to get some good chairs though.

View attachment 1285623

-- Bruce
Where is the crash pad for Jax?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom