Golf Thread (1 Viewer)

Was going to post this in the mail thread, but since it’s not poker related I put it here.

This was a fun return address to see in the mailbox:
IMG_0655.jpeg

IMG_4068.jpeg

Last edited:
Has anyone splurged on a Autoflex shaft? (Let’s see how quick this gets put into out of context thread). If you have what’s your thoughts on it and would you recommend?

New clubs (well, 3 to 6-iron; need to source the 7, 8, and 9).

Absolute steal though: still with wrappers on and $38 a club.
Great clubs at a fabulous price. I was hitting the TR21s for a while this year.. they were in the trade in bin at my local pro shop. got the 4-11 for $138 including pured aerotech shafts... the pro had looked up the wrong value because I couldn't buy the shafts used for $138

Great clubs at a fabulous price. I was hitting the TR21s for a while this year.. they were in the trade in bin at my local pro shop. got the 4-11 for $138 including pured aerotech shafts... the pro had looked up the wrong value because I couldn't buy the shafts used for $138
Yeah, such an underrated brand. Stiff shafts, so that was my only worry as I've always been Regular. Hitting them great though.

I just bought a push cart today. The courses around me are 50/50 that you can walk. Some are impossible to walk due to distance between holes (one course is over 1/2 mile between holes), and the hills are awful. After playing Friday and being "cart-path only" all day, and never having the right clubs, I figure this is a better way. I know this is most of the courses overseas anyway. Hell, It will be good exercise anyway.

I just bought a push cart today. The courses around me are 50/50 that you can walk. Some are impossible to walk due to distance between holes (one course is over 1/2 mile between holes), and the hills are awful. After playing Friday and being "cart-path only" all day, and never having the right clubs, I figure this is a better way. I know this is most of the courses overseas anyway. Hell, It will be good exercise anyway.
I bought a remote control 'push' cart 2 seasons ago and I love it for use on my course. Batcaddy

Just picked one up as well. Wanted to walk more rounds anyway, but the unexpected plus of avoiding ‘cart path only’ is nice too.

welcome to the push cart mafia, brother!

hey, @BonScot .... what would you suggest for a 14-day scotland golf itinerary for a guy and 3 of his buddies? asking...."hypothetically"....
I would suggest hiring a van and going to play hidden gems.

You can play the famous courses as well but there are some absolute belters that no tourists play.

I would split your trip into 4

5 days East coast
2 days central
5 days West coast
2 days lost due to hangovers

Some courses will be pretty empty so you can rattle round in 3 hours.

The more famous courses will be rammed and you’ll take around 4 hours.

Don’t hire buggies as you’ll freeze. Walk as it’ll keep you warm and it’s a far better way to enjoy the scenery.

Oh and bring your waterproofs. Even in summer…

Gotta be Scottie today, right?

Only way I can see him losing if someone going out earlier (maybe at -2) manages to card something miraculous like a 65.

Only way I can see him losing if someone going out earlier (maybe at -2) manages to card something miraculous like a 65.
He may withdrawal if his wife goes into labor. She’s due any day

He may withdrawal if his wife goes into labor. She’s due any day
In an interview earlier this week he made it seem like she still had a few weeks and it wasn’t really a concern. Feels like the media trying to make it a bigger story than it is.

Gotta go with Scottie for no reason other than he’s done it before. Wouldn’t be shocked if it ends up being Max or Colin, but anyone outside of those 3 is gonna take a hell of an effort.

IMG_4123.jpeg

Really making them take on some risk for a red number at 13 & 15. Unsurprisingly, 12, 16 & 18 are in the exact same spot as every year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom