Golden Broken Arrow quarters courtesy of Gear Labels! (1 Viewer)

duffman

Flush
Reaction score
Had to show off these beautiful labels that arrived in the mail today. Chris knocked it out of the park! Boy do I have my work cut out for me. Can finally add some much needed quarters to my GBA set. Should make for a fun winter project!

Thanks again to @uclaure, @inca911 & @Gear for making this happen.

gba1.jpg
gba2.jpg
gba5.jpg
gba3.jpg

love it
i never noticed the small denoms on the other side
those are great chips

They look awesome. Are those originally starbursts from that large lot in Minnesota? Did you mill them?

They look awesome. Are those originally starbursts from that large lot in Minnesota? Did you mill them?

Thanks! Yep, that's them. Just milled a few to snap some pics. Got 197 more to go...:eek:.

Thanks! Yep, that's them. Just milled a few to snap some pics. Got 197 more to go...:eek:.
If you can, take pictures or maybe start a new how to post. I just purchased a drill press and am hoping to mill some chips also. Any help will be appreciated!

@uclaure

When it comes to milling, there is a bunch of ways to do it.

@One Eyed Dollar recently posted a video of how he does it. Much more professional than my method. You should check it out...

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/pca-nickels-relabel-project.21363/

I got a few pics in some other threads of my simple redneck set up. I'll see if I can find a few for ya.

I basically eyeball every chip when it comes to depth and centering. Takes a bit of practice to work out the kinks, but once you have it down its smooth sailn'. Just take your time with it.

No Problem. Here are a few pics showing my process. I am by no means an expert. It's a bit tedious doing it this way, but it works for me. I use the lowest speed setting on my drill press to avoid too much heat. I also go really slow when removing material from the chip. Pulling the bit off and checking the depth along the process. Usually once the hotstamp is gone, I'm done. Hope this helps!

The jig is simply a piece of scrap wood & quarter round moulding screwed into it. I cut up an old mouse pad and glued it to the wood.

1SETUP1.jpg

I make a small mark on the chip with a pencil and line it up with my jig. I do this just in case the chip spins in the process, so that I can easily align it back in its original orientation.

2pencilmark2.jpg

I simply drilled a hole in the scrap piece of wood and ran a carriage bolt through it. I adjust the jig by loosening and tightening the nut.

3ADJUSTER3.jpg

I use a door shim with a piece of rubber/foam glued to it to hold the chip while I mill.

4HOLDER4.jpg

Milled

5MILLED5.jpg

Vacuumed clean

6CLEAN6.jpg

Finished product. Notice that you can still see just a bit of the starburst stamp. I could have removed it all, but the milled area would have been off center. Sometimes you have to decide whether you want a centered label and see a little bit of the hotstamp or mill the chip off center to remove all the hot-stamp. At least this is the case with these particular chips. YMMV.

7FINAL7.jpg

Label applied.

8LABEL8.jpg

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom