Pats Club CPC blanks with homemade labels (1 Viewer)

Mushmanchuman

Two Pair
Reaction score
Welcome to Pat’s Club where the penny is in play (sometimes)

I got these cpc blanks from @Chipandchair after looking at them for a few weeks. (Just like you were doing) Finally I figured out how they would work as a cash set instead of a tourney set. We play small stakes .5/.10/.25 with a buy in between $20-$40 so the work horse chips would be nickels and quarters. The colors are rather funky and I like funky so I decided to pull the trigger on these bad boys. The pennies aren’t really played with but I had some blank cherokees around they work well in the set imo.
C5957F0B-3CA4-4ED7-9BF5-112F62163DE0.jpeg
57AD701A-BC70-4CB2-A302-902A672BED27.jpeg
887B887B-FEA8-4804-990B-F16960E69A45.jpeg

I was setting up another inlay style with Chris at gear but I decided to try my own. I bought 8x11 adhesive shipping labels and laminate sheets. We have an ok printer that did the job but it definitely does not compare to the printer that the pro label makers use. These inlays were all cut by hand with scissors and it was not fun. I wasn’t able to cut a single inlay perfect. Each label is a little mucked up. I am looking for a 1 inch punch if I ever do this again. The time I spent on these is really not worth it. If I didn’t have free time at work right now I would have never done this without a punch.
28E4384B-B6ED-416D-8ED0-9D5A8C7D978A.jpeg

I wanted to do a throwback chip with a custom flare. I saw this chip “Pal’s Club” that is thought to be from the 30’s in the chip collectors book. I did some photoshop to make the pal a pat and adjusted the color scheme some to make it blueish. Since we play such small stakes it makes sense to use a chip from an era when adult men played cards with nickels. And the original chips had an odd color scheme so my odd scheme fits in. One of my pals said these looked “retro” which was what I was going for.
D79EE57C-5329-4CA7-9FAA-8E25436FA552.jpeg

I did a cog inlay but wasn’t to thrilled with it. I like the bigger numbers personally and that was closer to the original chip number size. I kept the majority of the snappers with the cog.

If I get sick of these it will be no problem ripping them off and re labeling. Eventually I would like to get big boy labels for these from a pro. I find it kind of ironic that these chips are the best you can buy and they have budget labels on them that aren’t even perfectly round

if you haven’t got into the CPC game I highly recommend it. These chips sound and feel great.

Yeah
Great Idea, and the execution is great for what you had to work with!
That said, I says pend the $75 and get textured laminated lables from gear. Those chips deserve the best and so do you for this cool set. :)
Yes, for sure on the textured labels. I needed these in play quicker than any one could ship em. I may get a roll of vinyl and see if anyone with a good printer locally could do it and make them crispy. Then I gotta try to find a punch. Or just call @Gear

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom