Giveaway Giveaway to Celebrate My New YouTube Chipping Channel! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck with your youtube channel, and I mean that honestly. There's not enough poker chip content on youtube (or at least there wasn't when I was getting started a few years ago.) But I'm going to give you some constructive criticism.

I agree that there needs to be more YouTube chipping content. Good on you! Also that UpnDown’s points are valid. I would add, constructively:

1) With magic erasers (whether for chips or household uses), these go a lot farther if you tear them in half longitudinally and then into smaller pieces to fit the job. Using a whole pad on a few chips is unnecessary. Not that these are that expensive, but...

2) Also, that said, I’ve read that these can have some unexpected corrosive results on certain types of chips. Maybe others can chime in. I’ve only used erasers ona handful of really, really dirty chips. Kind of a last resort for me.

3) Agreed on soaking and agitating in warm water and TSP as a first step in cleaning. This gets 97% of grime off. I reserve toothbrushing and toothpick fine work for really bad specimens which stand out from the rest once bathed. Toothpaste BTW can be very effective.

4) While I own an ultrasonic cleaner, I mostly use the ultra-basic option of filling a salad spinner on its own with hottish water, 1.5 tablespoons of Faux TSP, and two minutes gentle agitation. Usually open it up after a minute to stir with a wooden spoon as sometimes chips stick to each other and don’t get fully washed.

Note that I don’t pull too hard on the string, to avoid damage to the chips from the spin. Not trying to create a chip version of the Indy 500, just to create some washing action... I haven’t had any instances of such that I’ve noticed, though these are already used chips so it might be hard to notice.

I can do about 150 at a time this way, and generally need to pull only maybe a half-dozen for spot cleaning.

5) Would love to see an instructional video on how you do that neat chip flip (seen early in the video)!

Hope you keep at it and good luck with the new venture!

Last edited:
Congratulations on your new YT channel. I watched your first "chipisode" on how-to clean poker chips. I liked how you referenced products in the UK, as well as, the US.

I would like to see a how-to video on packaging and shipping poker chips please. I think new forum members, like myself, may benefit from the tutorial.

Thank you and best wishes for your channel.

Congratulations on your new YT channel. I watched your first "chipisode" on how-to clean poker chips. I liked how you referenced products in the UK, as well as, the US.

I would like to see a how-to video on packaging and shipping poker chips please. I think new forum members, like myself, may benefit from the tutorial.

Thank you and best wishes for your channel.
Cheers dude, really appreciate the positive feedback. And that's a great shout with the idea on the how-to tutorial; would be good to gauge what kinds of other videos people would want to see.

I agree that there needs to be more YouTube chipping content. Good on you! Also that UpnDown’s points are valid. I would add, constructively:

1) With magic erasers (whether for chips or household uses), these go a lot farther if you tear them in half longitudinally and then into smaller pieces to fit the job. Using a whole pad on a few chips is unnecessary. Not that these are that expensive, but...

2) Also, that said, I’ve read that these can have some unexpected corrosive results on certain types of chips. Maybe others can chime in. I’ve only used erasers ona handful of really, really dirty chips. Kind of a last resort for me.

3) Agreed on soaking and agitating in warm water and TSP as a first step in cleaning. This gets 97% of grime off. I reserve toothbrushing and toothpick fine work for really bad specimens which stand out from the rest once bathed. Toothpaste BTW can be very effective.

4) While I own an ultrasonic cleaner, I mostly use the ultra-basic option of filling a salad spinner on its own with hottish water, 1.5 tablespoons of Faux TSP, and two minutes gentle agitation. Usually open it up after a minute to stir with a wooden spoon as sometimes chips stick to each other and don’t get fully washed.

Note that I don’t pull too hard on the string, to avoid damage to the chips from the spin. Not trying to create a chip version of the Indy 500, just to create some washing action... I haven’t had any instances of such that I’ve noticed, though these are already used chips so it might be hard to notice.

I can do about 150 at a time this way, and generally need to pull only maybe a half-dozen for spot cleaning.

5) Would love to see an instructional video on how you do that neat chip flip (seen early in the video)!

Hope you keep at it and good luck with the new venture!
Hahaha, it's the best Ozark scene... by far! I love Ruth!

Thanks for the advice, on all fronts; have never thought to do that with a magic eraser.

Will definitely be purchasing a salad spinner off Amazon... and imagine I'll do a cleaning video V2 in the future, too, following all of the good advice. When you say faux TSP, what do you mean, exactly?

Will put a chip tricks video on the list, too, in that case.

Last edited:
Just bumping this up for anyone that hasn't seen it or entered yet. You've got four hours left to do so!

Not in, but congrats and good luck with the channel!

I also would like to learn that chip trick :tup:

Just my 2c but it would be cool if you got into the background of different chips and tell their story. Of course the basic information of chip size and materials used is great but getting some info on who made them and when etc. would be neat to have in one place.

Cheers and good luck with the new channel.

Not in, but congrats and good luck with the channel!

I also would like to learn that chip trick :tup:
Hahah, I will definitely have to try and do a video teaching it in that case... Although I'm not the best at explaining things. Just to confirm...this one?

Screenshot_20200806_184527.jpg

Just my 2c but it would be cool if you got into the background of different chips and tell their story. Of course the basic information of chip size and materials used is great but getting some info on who made them and when etc. would be neat to have in one place.

Cheers and good luck with the new channel.
Yeah, that's a really good shout — I was only thinking about this yesterday actually, how it might be nice to document the history of chips from different places / chip hauls like the Lakeshores, PNYs, PCAs etc.

I'll probably put a proposed episode list together over the next couple of weeks. Thanks for your input, suggestions and support — appreciate it!

Entries closed... took a while to collate all the names from here, Youtube comments and subs + put them into an online random name picker.

Drum roll, please! Winner, winner, chippies dinner, for...

Winner.jpg

Congrats to @Marius L! Nevada Jacks on their way to you! Will message you for your address.

Thanks to everyone that entered and showed love for the first vlog and channel — hugely appreciated! Chipisode #2 is being edited as we speak, and Chipisode #3 may or may not involve a sample set giveaway involving these...

NCC.jpg

Episode 2 has just gone up for all of you — enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom