Giveaway Giveaway to Celebrate My New YouTube Chipping Channel! (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck with your youtube channel, and I mean that honestly. There's not enough poker chip content on youtube (or at least there wasn't when I was getting started a few years ago.) But I'm going to give you some constructive criticism. I don't believe you've washed many chips and I don't believe you're an authority on chip washing. Mostly because you don't act like it on the video. You use a that pink stuff, but you say you've never used it before. Also you don't seem to know what to expect from the various bristle toothbrushes you have. And you're cracking open that tooth pick package like you've never used those before, either.
If I'm looking for advice, I probably don't want it from a guy who says "this might work." Also, doing it on your table in cringe-worthy sloppy.
And some cleaning advice for you.
You soaked your chip for about 15 seconds. The soak is often the most effective part of a chip cleaning - it will really loosen up a lot of the grime and make the rest of the job a lot easier. With inlaid paulsons, soak them in warm water with soap for ten minutes. I'd also suggest you add Trisodium phosphate or trisodium phosphate substitute. It really makes a difference in getting the gunk to slip right off. But it will damage hot stamps and I believe CPC (ASM) chips as well.
Tooth brushes are insane. I know a lot of people here use them; I have no idea why, unless you're working on hotstamp chips Get a big kitchen scrubber brush with stiffer bristles, that you can wrap your fist around one end and clean the whole chipface with one swipe of the other.
Don't clean the edges one by one. Whether using a brush or a magic eraser, its much easier to do them a stack at a time - maybe 8 or ten chips.
And tooth picks are fine if that's all you have lying around, but something metal like a dental pick or a exacto knife (carefully) is going to do a better job.
I'm sure I sound like a giant jerk here, but it's just honestly good advice for chip cleaning.
Again, I hope you make lots of good poker chip content videos. The world needs them and you seem to be a likeable guy.
I agree on the brush thing. Cleaning chips with a toothbrush is insanity. I use a fingernail brush it has a little T shaped handle to grip works great.

Personally I wouldn't recommend the chemicals. Just dawn and warm water. I've found with older PCAs that the chemicals may or may not be why some label damage is happening with those chips. I don't think it's the oiling that's the issue. All the PCAs I've hand cleaned in dawn and water and hand oiled never did it, but the one rack of 25's I ultrasonically cleaned and used TSP had what looked like water or oil under the label. Obviously not scientific, just personal observations.

Good luck with your youtube channel, and I mean that honestly. There's not enough poker chip content on youtube (or at least there wasn't when I was getting started a few years ago.) But I'm going to give you some constructive criticism. I don't believe you've washed many chips and I don't believe you're an authority on chip washing. Mostly because you don't act like it on the video. You use a that pink stuff, but you say you've never used it before. Also you don't seem to know what to expect from the various bristle toothbrushes you have. And you're cracking open that tooth pick package like you've never used those before, either.
If I'm looking for advice, I probably don't want it from a guy who says "this might work." Also, doing it on your table in cringe-worthy sloppy.
And some cleaning advice for you.
You soaked your chip for about 15 seconds. The soak is often the most effective part of a chip cleaning - it will really loosen up a lot of the grime and make the rest of the job a lot easier. With inlaid paulsons, soak them in warm water with soap for ten minutes. I'd also suggest you add Trisodium phosphate or trisodium phosphate substitute. It really makes a difference in getting the gunk to slip right off. But it will damage hot stamps and I believe CPC (ASM) chips as well.
Tooth brushes are insane. I know a lot of people here use them; I have no idea why, unless you're working on hotstamp chips Get a big kitchen scrubber brush with stiffer bristles, that you can wrap your fist around one end and clean the whole chipface with one swipe of the other.
Don't clean the edges one by one. Whether using a brush or a magic eraser, its much easier to do them a stack at a time - maybe 8 or ten chips.
And tooth picks are fine if that's all you have lying around, but something metal like a dental pick or a exacto knife (carefully) is going to do a better job.
I'm sure I sound like a giant jerk here, but it's just honestly good advice for chip cleaning.
Again, I hope you make lots of good poker chip content videos. The world needs them and you seem to be a likeable guy.
Cheers for the advice, dude — much appreciated. Definitely makes sense, especially with the longer soaking part.

Just right a damn book about it, so these scrub donkeys know how to clean their poker chips :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
But I do agree, I was watching the video with some of the same thoughts going through my mind. Especially the poker table being used for the surface area of cleaning the poker chips :jawdrop::dead:
Believe it or not,
I agree on the brush thing. Cleaning chips with a toothbrush is insanity. I use a fingernail brush it has a little T shaped handle to grip works great.

Personally I wouldn't recommend the chemicals. Just dawn and warm water. I've found with older PCAs that the chemicals may or may not be why some label damage is happening with those chips. I don't think it's the oiling that's the issue. All the PCAs I've hand cleaned in dawn and water and hand oiled never did it, but the one rack of 25's I ultrasonically cleaned and used TSP had what looked like water or oil under the label. Obviously not scientific, just personal observations.
I guess I've always worried that a brush with much stiffer and bigger bristles (like a fingernail brush) might damage the chip surface, but that's good to know. Cheers dude.

I already sub'd, but now there is free shizzle up for grabs I just left a comment too :wow::tup:

You mean I'm not the only Welsh wizard in the village?! :whistle: :whistling:
Now I have to rename the channel to the Welsh Wizard or Welsh Chipping Wizard... Damn you!

Three entries for you indeed though, brother!

You've actually watched that shit?!!? Dissapointed in you, mate, not gonna lie.
Wasn't able to stomach too much of it, but it was strangely compelling to watch people that revolting making fools of themselves lol

If you ever find yourself in Cardiff, swing by mine and I'll take you to the house in which they lived / it was filmed, as it is not to far from my flat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom