Gin. Always gin. (1 Viewer)

img_7466-png.1165219
you-had-my-curiosity-you-had-my-attention.gif

Where gin is concerned, we've always been "anything that starts with a 'b'" people, but the Tanqueray Rangpur Lime version has us hooked lately.

Waiting for poker chips to dry felt like the perfect time to do a gin inventory. Or… a GINVENTORY, if you will. Anyone else out there big into gin? If so, what are your favorites?

As much as I love trying new gins, I keep coming back to Tanqueray or another London Dry. That Engine Organic Gin (looks like an oil can) is quite good. That and The Botanist probably my current favorites.

View attachment 1165119

View attachment 1165120
LOVE gin...at least I did before I stopped drinking. My 3 go to gins in order of preference are Gunpowder Irish Gin, Bombay Saphire, and Tanqueray.

To my surprise, the only gin I ever hated was Hendricks. Maybe my expectations were too high, but I thought it taste like shit. Expensive shit...LOL.

So I'm curious, have you ever done a blind taste test? If not, I think you might be surprised. I was positive I could tell the difference, so I made 3 GnTs (Bombay, Tanqueray, and Aviation) put labels on the bottom, and asked my wife to mix up the order. They all tasted the same, which really freaked me out.

LOVE gin...at least I did before I stopped drinking. My 3 go to gins in order of preference are Gunpowder Irish Gin, Bombay Saphire, and Tanqueray.

To my surprise, the only gin I ever hated was Hendricks. Maybe my expectations were too high, but I thought it taste like shit. Expensive shit...LOL.

So I'm curious, have you ever done a blind taste test? If not, I think you might be surprised. I was positive I could tell the difference, so I made 3 GnTs (Bombay, Tanqueray, and Aviation) put labels on the bottom, and asked my wife to mix up the order. They all tasted the same, which really freaked me out.
I have. I've also had the benefit of making gin, being in the alcohol industry. So I might have an annoyingly detailed palate when it comes to gin. Which is why I prefer Tanqueray. Straight down the middle. =) Your other favorites are also great.

Hendricks :: Gin
Bose :: Home Audio

I'm far from experienced or knowledgeable when it comes to gin, but I do enjoy it.

New Amsterdam Stratusphere (yes that's how they spell it) is the one bottle that's always on my bar. Often I will also have a bottle of Botanist.

I'm a fan of the Martini, Vesper, G&T, and Martinez. I'm sure I've had a few other gin-based cocktails that I like, but those are my go-tos.

Has anyone tasted Gray Whale, from California Botanicals? $34.99/750ml (on "sale") in FL Publix stores...

Gin is my alcohol of choice.

Favorite Gin is Junipero, followed by Malfy and Tanqueray Ten.

A lot of good Gin out there any more Aviation, Plymouth, Gunpowder, Bombay Sapphire, etc.

I've got some Monkey 47, but haven't tried it yet.

Least favorite is Nolet's, did not like it at all.

I use Q tonic and club soda.

I absolutey love Hendrick's w tonic and cucumber slices on the side. What is that Hendrick's Orbium? Never heard of it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom