gear label (1 Viewer)

dkq999

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
does anybody know Chris at gear label is at, he was suppose to send me some custom mockups, but its been almost 2 weeks and there's no reply. already send him money and he acknowledge payment.

no, I didn't use any other person to help me. Chris at gear label finally came around and got his stuff done for me. I know its frustrating waiting on labels to get done so you can get your chips into play. hopefully he can get around and work on your stuff asap. sorry to hear about what you are going through. I never met the guy but he does seem to be really nice.

Hi guys, especially @dkq999 and @Jeevansluck .... I sincerely apologize for making you wait. It's not my intention to deliberately ignore anyone, but I have certainly managed to drop the ball quite a bit lately.

We're underway with dkq999 now. Nav, I suggested it will be 2-3 months for milling (because it's time-consuming and I have a lengthy backlog) but if you just need some labels and know what you want, that will go much faster (especially if there's no shipping wait time.) LMK!

Again, I apologize sincerely for letting you all down.
-Chris (Gear)

Hi guys, especially @dkq999 and @Jeevansluck .... I sincerely apologize for making you wait. It's not my intention to deliberately ignore anyone, but I have certainly managed to drop the ball quite a bit lately.

We're underway with dkq999 now. Nav, I suggested it will be 2-3 months for milling (because it's time-consuming and I have a lengthy backlog) but if you just need some labels and know what you want, that will go much faster (especially if there's no shipping wait time.) LMK!

-Chris (Gear)

Wait, I thought you said if I shipped mine tomorrow you could get the milling this weekend? ;););););););););)

I would suggest exercising some patience around "wanting" to get some chips into play immediately, vs "needing" to get some custom labeled chips into play for a scheduled event. There is no other place to go than Gear Labels. In my experience, Chris's reference to "dropping the ball" is really him wanting to satisfy as many member's orders as quickly as possible while working under a full workload.

If you want the expertise and precision that comes with placing an order with Chris, I suggest taking a deep breath, and accepting it will get done.
Kind of like waiting for Santa Claus as a kid.... ;)

-Chris (Gear)

No need for any apologies here Chris. You are in demand and that isn't bad. I think as a new chipper, I do need to learn about the virtue of patience. There has to be good reason you are in demand and maybe that is what makes it worthwhile.

I feel bad I posted about you negatively. I was up real late last night and you probably don't deserve that kind of negative commentary about waiting etc. You did tell me 3 months and after 2 months, I'm not being patient enough.

There is no matter of being let down at all Chris. I'm sorry for my overreaction. I will make sure I get my chips to your place by the end of the week...

I would suggest exercising some patience around "wanting" to get some chips into play immediately, vs "needing" to get some custom labeled chips into play for a scheduled event. There is no other place to go than Gear Labels. In my experience, Chris's reference to "dropping the ball" is really him wanting to satisfy as many member's orders as quickly as possible while working under a full workload.

If you want the expertise and precision that comes with placing an order with Chris, I suggest taking a deep breath, and accepting it will get done.
Kind of like waiting for Santa Claus as a kid.... ;)

View attachment 308692

Yes sir! Thanks for the good advice.

While you were typing this advice, I was apologizing for my lack of patience!

I'm learning here...

And yes, the santa Claus metaphor is pretty accurate to describe my realizations this morning...

Not to come off as a smart ass here...but I cant even fathom a life where I would be consumed and unable to wait a few weeks for poker chip labels.....milk for the kids well that's a different story. I understand you sent money already, but you are buying a product customized to you.....not something pulled off of a shelf. I know your new here, and I would guess fairly young, but if you would take awhile and just search using "gear labels" you will find hours of reading of extremely satisfied customers and friends, but you will also learn that with all good things there is a wait....ask all if the people here that have ordered from CPC, or been part of a group buy from inception and design to actually having them in their hands. My advice would be to order, pay, and forget about it until they show up on your doorstep.

A watched pot never boils....

Not to come off as a smart ass here...but I cant even fathom a life where I would be consumed and unable to wait a few weeks for poker chip labels.....milk for the kids well that's a different story. I understand you sent money already, but you are buying a product customized to you.....not something pulled off of a shelf. I know your new here, and I would guess fairly young, but if you would take awhile and just search using "gear labels" you will find hours of reading of extremely satisfied customers and friends, but you will also learn that with all good things there is a wait....ask all if the people here that have ordered from CPC, or been part of a group buy from inception and design to actually having them in their hands. My advice would be to order, pay, and forget about it until they show up on your doorstep.

A watched pot never boils....

Like okay. I have already apologized for my impatience.

I changed the original post. There is no need to continue this...

I really don’t think an apology from @Gear was necessary here. There’s always going to be a wait time for custom products, it has nothing to do with being a new chipper or not. There is no instant gratification when it comes to custom work, if that’s what some are after then I suggest finding a new hobby.

Seeing people whine about the outstanding service and product from Chris really rubs me the wrong way, he’s been awesome every time I’ve worked with him.

Its just poker chips, not life and death folks!

@Gear is awesome.

I learned a lesson of patience when I didn’t send a chip for a color matching. Would have made my project faster had I did that in the first place. Learn from my mistake and send a chip to him when color matching.

I really don’t think an apology from @Gear was necessary here. There’s always going to be a wait time for custom products, it has nothing to do with being a new chipper or not. There is no instant gratification when it comes to custom work, if that’s what some are after then I suggest finding a new hobby.

Seeing people whine about the outstanding service and product from Chris really rubs me the wrong way, he’s been awesome every time I’ve worked with him.

Its just poker chips, not life and death folks!

Take it down a few notches.

Don't like it, put me on ignore.

Huge overreaction post dude. Go fly a kite

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom