Gardena Poker Clubs: A High-stakes History --Book (2 Viewers)

Ripgut

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I lived in Gardena, CA the majority of my life and ordered this book recently, it's arriving today. My girlfriend will be happy that I'm actually reading a book, regardless of the topic, LOL. Anybody happen to own this or has read it?

download.jpeg

download (1).jpeg

I’ve been meaning to read it but haven’t pulled the trigger yet. Let us know how it is.

Turns out the author initially directed a documentary on the city of Gardena, in it is a segment on the card clubs. Then he decided to author this book. Here's the documentary.

The dude who wrote it is very detailed and thorough, too much to digest, so I haven't been reading it, lol.

My brain was fried from that, it was hella fun though, I got confused with the high spade, low spade game we played, thought it was Chicago, lol.

My brain was fried from that, it was hella fun though, I got confused with the high spade, low spade game we played, thought it was Chicago, lol.
It's similar to Low Chicago, with the low spade in the hole splits the pot.

The Black Mariah that was played last night was kind of a combination of two games, Low Chicago and Follow the Queen (which was the wild card portion of the game).

It's similar to Low Chicago, with the low spade in the hole splits the pot.

The Black Mariah that was played last night was kind of a combination of two games, Low Chicago and Follow the Queen (which was the wild card portion of the game).
Yeah, I also remember Black Mariah being referenced in Rounders when they were playing Hearts or whatever it was in the prison scene.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom