Gangster Squad Mockup... Which inlay to version to go with? (1 Viewer)

Gangster Squad Pip Boy Inlay or 3 Gangster Shilloute Inlay

• Neither, your design is terrible. I volunteer to make you a better inlay design!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I like this rendition, re denomination colors/font/no-border and gangster configuration.

Overall, the images look 'high' to me -- text a little too close to the edge at the top, and too much unused space at the bottom (especially the green chip). A little tweaking should fix it.

Have you considered a more traditional color line-up? I'd be very tempted to go with 25c white, $1 black, $5 red, and $25 green, or 25c black, $1 white, $5 red, $25 green.... which would probably be less confusing for your players. Also gets those awesome black chips immediately into play. :D

I'll make a light grey one and see how that looks. Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I'm by no means a great designer so I appreciate the tips and suggestions.

Spike, I'll be using the single pip boy gangster in my next set which will feature a whole slew of pipboy characters from Fallout :)

Here's the sample with a light grey 25 cent and no white borders on any of the denominations. I think this is my favorite so far. Thoughts and suggestions?
View attachment 3763

I actually wanted to do a more traditional color lineup like that but given the restrictions on order quantities from a Black Friday sale I had to go this way. We definitely use more .25 cent chips then anything so I wanted to have 300 of those, 200 1's, and a sprinkling of 5's and 25's. My group is not big into chips so they wouldn't know the difference between a traditional color lineup vs an oddball one like I'm going to have lol.

I'll take a look at the spacing on the images and see if I can't make sure they are more balanced. Thanks for the suggestions!

I like this rendition, re denomination colors/font/no-border and gangster configuration.

Overall, the images look 'high' to me -- text a little too close to the edge at the top, and too much unused space at the bottom (especially the green chip). A little tweaking should fix it.

Have you considered a more traditional color line-up? I'd be very tempted to go with 25c white, $1 black, $5 red, and $25 green, or 25c black, $1 white, $5 red, $25 green.... which would probably be less confusing for your players. Also gets those awesome black chips immediately into play. :D

I like the Gray - One more thing, I would try aligning the $ with the top of the Denomination and center the ¢.

Good catch, my samples that I'm having made won't have centered cent and denom sign but I'll correct that for the final version. Thanks!

Quick mockup in photoshop with the new chippies :)

GangsterSquadMockupv10_zpsb3da0163.png

That looks so real. Nice!

Quick mockup in photoshop with the new chippies :)

Not that there is anything drastically wrong with the ES artwork, but all of those chips look much better dressed in black. The red GANGSTER text really pops, and the set looks very cohesive.

I think the relatively-simple spots really helps that effect -- something to consider/remember when time comes for designing/ordering your CPC versions.

Thanks everybody! I'm really looking forward to getting these labels and you better believe there will be plenty of chip pron when I do!

Got some sample labels from Gear. Both are matte non-laminated. I was leaning towards 3 gangsters but when I see the Pipboy Gangster on the chip it makes me not so sure about the three gangsters anymore lol. I'm 50/50 right now. Thoughts?

IMG_20141215_200641920.jpgIMG_20141215_200725465.jpgIMG_20141215_200754361.jpg

3>1. Even the poll is 18 to 5. Your chips.

Could use both (one on each side, or go half 'n hallf).

I'm not adverse to either design but prefer the three g-men. I think the pip boy is better served as a one off item on dealer buttons or such

I think I'm going to go with the 3 Gangsters and save my pipboy design for a Fallout themed set of chips someday. One thing I did notice is there is a small amount of black transfer from the labels onto the edges and mold part of the chips if they get rubbed over the label. It comes off easily just by wiping it with my finger so I don't think it would be that big of a deal. The label itself seems to be very sturdy. I took the sharp edges chip and rubbed it pretty hard against the label and it didn't damage the image or surface at all.

I like the uncluttered look of the Pipboy, but at the same time that inlay looks kind of empty, leading me towards the 3-man, but . I think having one on one side and the other one on the other side would be a good idea. They both word really well.

Maybe have the Pipboy on the $0.25 chip but the 3-man on the rest. I think that the text on the chip looks better with the Pipboy but as for the overall design, it's tough. I might be learning more torwards the Pipboy now despite moments ago preferring the 3 gangsters. If I start thinking about the 3 gangsters though, I might end up preferring that one again. Which ever one I'm thinking of at the moment is the one I prefer, but now I'm leaning towards Pipboy because I do think the text looks betting with him.

I like the uncluttered look of the Pipboy, but at the same time that inlay looks kind of empty, leading me towards the 3-man, but . I think having one on one side and the other one on the other side would be a good idea. They both word really well.

Maybe have the Pipboy on the $0.25 chip but the 3-man on the rest. I think that the text on the chip looks better with the Pipboy but as for the overall design, it's tough. I might be learning more torwards the Pipboy now despite moments ago preferring the 3 gangsters. If I start thinking about the 3 gangsters though, I might end up preferring that one again. Which ever one I'm thinking of at the moment is the one I prefer, but now I'm leaning towards Pipboy because I do think the text looks betting with him.

The Pipboy looks good, but, 3 men are the way to go.
I like the Idea from gf10, PIP on frack........

I like the uncluttered look of the Pipboy, but at the same time that inlay looks kind of empty, leading me towards the 3-man, but . I think having one on one side and the other one on the other side would be a good idea.

Maybe have the Pipboy on the $0.25 chip but the 3-man on the rest.

I think that the text on the chip looks better with the Pipboy but as for the overall design, it's tough.

I might be learning more torwards the Pipboy now despite moments ago preferring the 3 gangsters.

If I start thinking about the 3 gangsters though, I might end up preferring that one again.

Which ever one I'm thinking of at the moment is the one I prefer, but now I'm leaning towards Pipboy because I do think the text looks betting with him.

Good lord, how long does it take you to call a bet at the table, Mr. Decisive.....

:rolleyes:

Got some sample labels from Gear. Both are matte non-laminated. I was leaning towards 3 gangsters but when I see the Pipboy Gangster on the chip it makes me not so sure about the three gangsters anymore lol. I'm 50/50 right now. Thoughts?

That was my exact thought also... Always liked the 3-G better but after seeing them placed I'm leaning towards the PG... Both designs are great and you can't go wrong with either...

originally voted pip boy, now changing to 3 guys after seeing label pr0n. both look good, but the 3 guys fill the space out more nicely imo.

Thanks for all your suggestions everyone. I've decided I'm going to go with the three gangsters. Now I just need to figure out if there is a way to prevent the labels from transferring some of the black to the edges and outside RHC surface of the chips. I noticed that after playing with my samples for awhile that a little bit of the black from the labels must rub onto the chips. I know laminated would solve that problem for sure but I got laminated samples and they are too thick unfortunately.

The pip graphic is cooler, but the 3-figure is more suited for "Gangster Squad". So, I vote for the 3-figure. If there was a way to make the 3-figure graphic more detailed (I know, the inlay is probably too small), that would be the ideal combo...

Now I just need to figure out if there is a way to prevent the labels from transferring some of the black to the edges and outside RHC surface of the chips. I noticed that after playing with my samples for awhile that a little bit of the black from the labels must rub onto the chips. I know laminated would solve that problem for sure but I got laminated samples and they are too thick unfortunately.

Might try spraying Krylon on the labels before application. Worked pretty well to seal paper labels before vinyl was introduced.

Might try spraying Krylon on the labels before application. Worked pretty well to seal paper labels before vinyl was introduced.

Thanks for the suggestion Dave. If I end up getting the non laminated I'll definitely give that a try. I think I'll have to ask Gear what kind of labels his are exactly. I thought his were vinyl but maybe the non laminated ones are not.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom