Here goes nothing... Go easy on me! (8 Viewers)

So you are suggesting one of these variations?

View attachment 981403View attachment 981404

I lean more towards the one on the right out of those 2.. I like the denom being a different color than the words, and there is no problem reading the denom due to its size.
I would say yes
Doesn't have to be black font could be any colors something about the orange font it seems to blend with the orange inner circle

DB ideas:
  • Buddy the Elf
  • Scene from Home Alone when he puts the after shave on
  • Die Hard Scene: “Now I have a machine gun. Ho-Ho-Ho.”
Al good ideas as well. One thing I am trying to keep to in this "theme" is I am trying to keep to all things you would find on our street in December. Surprisingly, no one on this street has an Elf theme, and not surprisingly, no one has a Die Hard theme either.. lol. Home Alone is also absent from our street. There are Rudolph's though and I think I have seen an Elf on a Shelf here and there. I might actually have to consider something from the greatest Christmas movie of all time, Christmas Vacation. If I wasn't such a diehard Kings fan, I would consider the Griswold Blackhawks jersey in some manner, but nope... Cant do it.. lol

I would say yes
Doesn't have to be black font could be any colors something about the orange font it seems to blend with the orange inner circle
How about some red to match his Christmas hat?

25 Chip v6.jpg

Al good ideas as well. One thing I am trying to keep to in this "theme" is I am trying to keep to all things you would find on our street in December. Surprisingly, no one on this street has an Elf theme, and not surprisingly, no one has a Die Hard theme either.. lol. Home Alone is also absent from our street. There are Rudolph's though and I think I have seen an Elf on a Shelf here and there. I might actually have to consider something from the greatest Christmas movie of all time, Christmas Vacation. If I wasn't such a diehard Kings fan, I would consider the Griswold Blackhawks jersey in some manner, but nope... Cant do it.. lol
As I was reading your reply, I was thinking Christmas Vacation. Then, you mentioned it!

Now, so many scenes/phrases to choose from….

”Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where’s the Tylenol?”

As I was reading your reply, I was thinking Christmas Vacation. Then, you mentioned it!

Now, so many scenes/phrases to choose from….

”Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where’s the Tylenol?”
Yeah, there isn't a Christmas Vacation house on our street either (only because I didn't do it and am too deep in time and money into Grinch decor to change themes). But that is one movie that I would be willing to make an exception for!

Cool theme!

As the Grinch has a Santa hat on I believe that fills the quota of 1 Santa hat/chip set. Give that red 5 up to Rudolph and his red nose!

Santa can then go on the dealer button, in his sleigh, delivering the best position in poker to All! HO, HO, HOld'em!

My eyes would prefer to see some cohesion across each chip in the font department, whatever that maybe, doesn't have to be in the *same* position or shape just the same one on all. I think the different characters, layout & colours are enough.

Great start man, you've already improved the Grinch one x 10 so keep it up.

Last edited:
Actually scrub that I think on second look the fonts match the chip characters on 25, 100, 5000 which is probably what you were going for anyway but the 500, 1000 don't seem right.

Actually scrub that I think on second look the fonts match the chip characters on 25, 100, 5000 which is probably what you were going for anyway but the 500, 1000 don't seem right.

Yeah, I was trying to keep the fonts fairly consistent with the individual chip theme. The 25, 100, and 5000 were easy because there are fonts for all 3 of those. I used Grinched, Burtons Nightmare, and Island of Lost Toys as those 3 fonts. I struggled with A Christmas Story as there is no font for that film and I would have to mash something together based off of the film logo. I downloaded some other "Christmas" fonts and made my choices based on those. While the original Santa chip had the same font as the 1000 chip, it has since been changed and now is what is described as a classic Christmas font. I don't know if I go believing everything they said about it, but it does look kind of like Christmas (the latest version of the Santa chip). I will agree that the 1000 does not look like it goes with the movie, but I am at a loss for what to use there and the one I did use, doesn't look half bad (my opinion), it just doesn't match the movie. I am open to changing the font on the 1000 if I can find something better.

great fun and creative set.

However I believe Santa Clarita has a zombie problem.

I have always wanted to do a custom set of "Christmas" chips centered around Rudolph, Herbie, Yukon, Burl Ives a ND so on... literally been stuck in my head since joining and someday I seriously hope to make it happen!

For the Dealer button first thing that pops into my head is "The Lamp" from Chirstmas Story... would just be halarious passing "the lamp" around the table! Lol

Keep in mind you can always do more than one DB as it seems this is a multi table set. We have many dealer button collectors here that would happily join in and buy a button or two to help get you to the 10 button minimum (so you can get rolling edge art work)

On the chips... I love everything except the Red - Pink next to each other. I know the chips are bought, design made... and I'm sure it will work but the same edge spot pattern on back to back chips when everything else is different, for us semi color blind folks that could be a real problem with reds and pinks next to each other, especially when the edge spots are the same. Believe it or not when chip sets over lap or are close in colors, some of us use edge spots to tell the difference. Again it will work, but not perfect IMO.

Absolutely NOT trying to be critical, just thinkin out loud here.

Also another DB idea... you have a lot more space and say your "theme" is the Grinch. Could go with all the Who's in Whoville" holding hands around the Tree.

Absolutely love the theme and can't wait to see it complete!

Fellow Chipper Ben

I have always wanted to do a custom set of "Christmas" chips centered around Rudolph, Herbie, Yukon, Burl Ives a ND so on... literally been stuck in my head since joining and someday I seriously hope to make it happen!

For the Dealer button first thing that pops into my head is "The Lamp" from Chirstmas Story... would just be halarious passing "the lamp" around the table! Lol

Keep in mind you can always do more than one DB as it seems this is a multi table set. We have many dealer button collectors here that would happily join in and buy a button or two to help get you to the 10 button minimum (so you can get rolling edge art work)

On the chips... I love everything except the Red - Pink next to each other. I know the chips are bought, design made... and I'm sure it will work but the same edge spot pattern on back to back chips when everything else is different, for us semi color blind folks that could be a real problem with reds and pinks next to each other, especially when the edge spots are the same. Believe it or not when chip sets over lap or are close in colors, some of us use edge spots to tell the difference. Again it will work, but not perfect IMO.

Absolutely NOT trying to be critical, just thinkin out loud here.

Also another DB idea... you have a lot more space and say your "theme" is the Grinch. Could go with all the Who's in Whoville" holding hands around the Tree.

Absolutely love the theme and can't wait to see it complete!

Fellow Chipper Ben

I did think about this in regards to possible dirty stacks and figured that the colors were far enough apart that it wouldn't be a problem, but didn't take colorblind into account and definitely didn't consider the edge spots being the same.

I can easily swap the 1000 and 5000 chips and the 500s should be out of play when the 5000s hit the table.

I have been leaning towards redesigning the Bumble chip anyway and the pink chip is as easy as changing the 1 to a 5. Thanks for the input!

P.S. absolutely LOVE the lamp idea for a DB and not limiting myself to only one DB design!

Last edited:
I updated the front of the seating chip to be more consistent with the slightly redesigned back. And I went ahead and switched the 1000 chip to the 5000 chip. I guess there will still be 500s on the table when the 5000s hit the felt, but they are far enough apart that hopefully it wont be too much of a problem. Still brainstorming on the Bumble chip and if I want to keep the simplicity of the original design or try something else. Sometimes less is more and I am dealing with a 7/8 inlay on that chip.

Seating Chip front.jpg

Seating chip Back blue 10.jpg

New 5000 chip.jpg

I updated the front of the seating chip to be more consistent with the slightly redesigned back. And I went ahead and switched the 1000 chip to the 5000 chip. I guess there will still be 500s on the table with the 5000s hit the felt, but they are far enough apart that hopefully it wont be too much of a problem. Still brainstorming on the Bumble chip and if I want to keep the simplicity of the original design or try something else. Sometimes less is more and I am dealing with a 7/8 inlay on that chip.

View attachment 981595

View attachment 981594

View attachment 981593
My only other fine tune adjustment I'd make is to move frosty up a smidge as the outline of his foot is touching the l in Wakefield

While it was a bit darker on the computer, not so much on paper. But still, I think it looks better than the lighter green. I did a mock-up with the darker on on the far right. I am thinking the all green but a bit darker is the ticket.

View attachment 981371

Man do these chips need a bath!!
Yes I like the darker one on the right. Stands out better. Nice job!

That's a cool one with the purple spot in the recess
Yeah, almost looks like they used it at a tester.

Murder report, the Terribles are exactly that. Terrible. The Majestic Stars aren't any better. I've got a good system down now for those, but they will take the most time. The Jack Cinci's and the BestBet are super easy kills. The Boulder Stations aren't that tough either. I was dreading this but looks like I started with the toughest kills. Now it's not looking too bad.

Well, thanks to all of you here that offered suggestions and improvements, I believe I have landed at my final design. I contemplated changing up the 1000 chip to a different design, but after sleeping on it, I think the simplicity of that chip really works.

Anyway, working on getting the chips ready now and already talking with Richard from ChipUp for labels. Hoping to get these done sooner than later. I also am working on getting more of the Majestic Star chips, so if all goes well, I should have about 25 sample sets consisting of 7 chips available for those that want them. I will post in the classifieds when those are available and will update the progress here in the meantime.

Here are the final mockups (I hope.. lol)

Final set.jpg

Today I got the samples I ordered from ChipUp and he printed several of them with my artwork so I could see how they would look on actual labels. These are not color matched yet as he will do that when I place my final order and send him a sample set of the chips, but I think they came out great and can't say enough good things about Richard at ChipUp!! I will be placing my order very soon as I have murdered approximately 600 of the 900 chips I need to finish. Here are the actual samples labels on several of the chips. And the labels are crystal clear, it is my photography that sucks and is blurry...
Sample stickers.jpg

Today I got the samples I ordered from ChipUp and he printed several of them with my artwork so I could see how they would look on actual labels. These are not color matched yet as he will do that when I place my final order and send him a sample set of the chips, but I think they came out great and can't say enough good things about Richard at ChipUp!! I will be placing my order very soon as I have murdered approximately 600 of the 900 chips I need to finish. Here are the actual samples labels on several of the chips. And the labels are crystal clear, it is my photography that sucks and is blurry...View attachment 986404
Going to be like a kid at Christmas time! Pun intended :)

Thanks... been on a long break from chip murder. Having the labels made now, so will have to get back to it soon and remove the inlays from the last 200-300 chips at some point. I've killed at around 700 so far.

Hoping to be done by the years end.

Thanks... been on a long break from chip murder. Having the labels made now, so will have to get back to it soon and remove the inlays from the last 200-300 chips at some point. I've killed at around 700 so far.

Hoping to be done by the years end.
Can’t wait to see these when they’re done

It's been a while, but finally got moving on this tourney set again. I worked with @dickthebaker at ChipUp labels and he is awesome to work with and does great work! Labels are here (bounties are on the way still) and I have been putting them on the chips I have murdered so far. I still have a few hundred chips to murder that I have been putting off, but here are some pics. I oiled one of each chip (except bounty) to see what the final result will look like and I couldn't be happier!

20230216_115559.jpg

20230216_115818.jpg

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom