Game of Thrones (HBO Series - NO BOOK SPOILERS) (10 Viewers)

Only if the board is at a great distance and you only get to throw 2-3 darts. Then they can’t miss. But at closer range firing 40+ volleys they are batting .000
Greyjoy don’t care bout crosswind. Greyjoy don’t care bout ship moving up and down. Greyjoy don’t care bout tiny dragon being 10 miles away. Greyjoy just points and fires. Greyjoy gave Chuck Norris a wedgie...

Wasn't the break between season 7 and 8 almost 2 years? Why and how did they have to rush it. That is what is so mind boggling to me. It is one of the most popular TV shows of all time. Take 2 more full seasons to wrap it up if need be, don't rush out an inferior product for almost no reason.........
I just think they’ve ran out of ideas...

I knew this season would be disappointing. I have been saying for over a year that they can't wrap this show up the right way in 6 episodes. It isn't possible, but I am shocked at how much they are rushing and how blatantly they are ruining the show in the final season after so many die hard fans committed 8 years of their life to this show.

The quick and pointless death of the Night King and 2nd dragon are so meaningless and unbelievable like they were both after thoughts. The last minute squabbling between John and Danny is totally unnecessary and annoying, they should just rule together and team up.

This random person on youtube came up with a much better final 2 seasons, how can big name writers at HBO screw such a great show up so badly?????????
Wow love this! Explains my main grudge so well!

Wasn't the break between season 7 and 8 almost 2 years? Why and how did they have to rush it. That is what is so mind boggling to me. It is one of the most popular TV shows of all time. Take 2 more full seasons to wrap it up if need be, don't rush out an inferior product for almost no reason.........
Could 100% be wrong but I believe it was actor contracts that ran out. They were I want to say 7 season when it first started then got extended but probably couldn't do more. Got to figure none of these (except 2-3) actors were known before this so they were just itching to cash in and get any role they wanted.

Game of thrones was initially scheduled to wrap up in 7 seasons. Season 8 was meant to be a half-season epilogue.

The problem was, they were still building at the end of 7. George RR Martin is contractually obligated to not work on any other projects until GoT has concluded - and he has 3 of them planned.

Game of thrones was initially scheduled to wrap up in 7 seasons. Season 8 was meant to be a half-season epilogue.

The problem was, they were still building at the end of 7. George RR Martin is contractually obligated to not work on any other projects until GoT has concluded - and he has 3 of them planned.

These are all really stupid reasons to ruin a TV show IMO. Pretty sad that contracts and greedy actors lead to the down turn of a great show.

These are all really stupid reasons to ruin a TV show IMO. Pretty sad that contracts and greedy actors lead to the down turn of a great show.
They contributed but as that video shows its just that the writers for 7-8 either mailed it in or are about as good with words as zombie turtle kid.

Greedy actors :rolleyes:. When you signed up for your job did you commit the next decade of your life to it? These actors did. It’s not unreasonable at this point that they would want to do other things. Benioff and Weiss can either string it out, and have to force in plotlines as actors join and leave the show, or just wrap this thing up (to say nothing of *them* wanting to do other things).

This really does highlight the problem though, and that’s GoT is a regular old television show now, and you can see all of the cracks and spackle in how TV gets made, narrative shortcuts and all. GoT never felt like that during the first half of its run, which is one of the things which made it so remarkable. It’s still a ~very good~ television show, but that’s all it is at this point. I’ve come grips with it I guess - not like I’m going to sit the last 2 eps out.

Greedy actors :rolleyes:. When you signed up for your job did you commit the next decade of your life to it? These actors did. It’s not unreasonable at this point that they would want to do other things. Benioff and Weiss can either string it out, and have to force in plotlines as actors join and leave the show, or just wrap this thing up (to say nothing of *them* wanting to do other things).

This really does highlight the problem though, and that’s GoT is a regular old television show now, and you can see all of the cracks and spackle in how TV gets made, narrative shortcuts and all. GoT never felt like that during the first half of its run, which is one of the things which made it so remarkable. It’s still a ~very good~ television show, but that’s all it is at this point. I’ve come grips with it I guess - not like I’m going to sit the last 2 eps out.

They signed contracts, not me. The dip shit writers/directors should have wrapped the show up within the timelines they had, not strung the show out until the end of all the contracts and then rushed to finish it before the actors leave. WTF. That makes me even more pissed that they knew the show needed to be over before they lost actors and they couldn't plan ahead to avoid these issues.

My bets

Jimmy will be killed by Cersei. Bonus Jimmy will die attempting to save Tyron
The hound and the mountain will fight each other, both dies
Grey worm will die because he is single now but will kill Euron Greyjoy
Sansa and Varys will f*ck up Jon and Daenerys wedding.

@Pesto628 -here's the thread I was talking about. Enjoy 37 pages, RIP work today.

A win is a win chief
Me and Vin both concur.

Let me change that. They ran out of good ideas...

Blame George RR Martin. The show runners showed they can bring a great story to the small screen and make it an amazing tv show, but to ask them to keep writing as well as Martin is a heck of a lot to ask. If Martin had gotten off his ass and finished the books I have no doubt the show would continue to be as amazing as it was in the first 6 seasons or so. A lot of people are saying the show has gone down hill the last couple seasons...well that's when they got past the books. Do you all really think its a coincidence?

I love the complaints that the show is not as good since it diverged from the books.

Perhaps someone can point me to a tv series that was ever as good or better than the books?

Perhaps someone can point me to a tv series that was ever as good or better than the books?
People can still think it went downhill after the books and not be asserting that tv series are better than books.

They have the biggest TV budget, bigger than most movies, the best 5 seasons of any show ever, and the GD author of the books at their disposal... and this is what they give us? Crazy that people watch it and think that’s all they deserve.

I love the complaints that the show is not as good since it diverged from the books.

Note: I am not mad at you directly. Just upset as this is one of my favorite shows.

I mean can you point me to a show that was based off books, but the books weren't even finished then the show caught up and surpassed where the books are? How fucking stupid is that???????????? He had 8 years to finish the damn books or they should have waited until he was done. We all love gambling, but that just seems stupid to me, cause you know, you might get stuck with no ending and needing to make shit up that goes in a different direction of where the books were heading. I would have much rather waited to see the full story as the original writer intended. I am willing to bet the books end much better than the show does.

Note: I am not mad at you directly. Just upset as this is one of my favorite shows.

I mean can you point me to a show that was based off books, but the books weren't even finished then the show caught up and surpassed where the books are? How fucking stupid is that???????????? He had 8 years to finish the damn books or they should have waited until he was done. We all love gambling, but that just seems stupid to me, cause you know, you might get stuck with no ending and needing to make shit up that goes in a different direction of where the books were heading. I would have much rather waited to see the full story as the original writer intended. I am willing to bet the books end much better than the show does.
But... :bigbucks: :bigbucks: :bigbucks::bigbucks::bigbucks::bigbucks::bigbucks::bigbucks::bigbucks::bigbucks::bigbucks::bigbucks::bigbucks::bigbucks::bigbucks:

+1 on this though. Like I said I still really enjoy it but that doesn’t mean I’m going to keep shoveling it down my gullet and not comment that the quality went significantly down when it didn’t have to.

If we waited til Martin was done writing the books, the actors playing Jon and Dany would be grand parents

Crazy that people watch it and think that’s all they deserve.

Yeah, this is my problem right here. Being a fan of a show doesn’t entitle you to anything. The shows quality has unquestionably slid since its prime. I think it’s still pretty good *for a tv show*, but you may disagree and that’s fine. It’s subjective. But the idea that actors are greedy or HBO is stingy or Benioff and Weiss are incompetent bc fans aren’t getting the show “they think they deserve” is hilarious.

One thing is for certain, I would certainly read a James Andrew Miller style behind the curtains book of the making of this show - I bet it’s facinating.

Based on a true history or based on a novel always means "Hey, this is my interpretation"
Many of my friends were upset with the Lord of the rings, but the book is so rich that I did not expect to have all details covered (like Tom singing in the forest)
I'm OK with interpretations, if I want the real deal experience, I read the book

Back to GOT, is there a date yet for "Wind of winter"? (which should be followed up with a last final book that ends the saga)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom