Game of Thrones (HBO Series - NO BOOK SPOILERS) (3 Viewers)

I think it is easy to agree that the dragon should take a high angle/overhead attack on the scorpios. Loss of the dragon was due to surprise.

Oh and I'd just like the say, what was the point in that Bronn appearance.
We knew Bronn was on his way up. He clearly demonstrated the ability to off the Lannister brothers if he wanted, but he took the "whatever they pay you, I'll double it" deal that Tyrion made long ago.
  • As a sellsword, it matches his character's personality.
  • Bronn is siding with the side he thinks will win the war.
  • From a plot twist perspective, Tyrion has just given away Highgarden, arguably the second or third best castle. Daenerys may not agree with the choice, giving such a noble place to a mercenary with no real loyalty, putting Tyrion and Dany at odds - unless Bronn dies :whistle: :whistling:.
  • When Cerci learns that Bron two timed her... :nailbite:

We knew Bronn was on his way up. He clearly demonstrated the ability to off the Lannister brothers if he wanted, but he took the "whatever they pay you, I'll double it" deal that Tyrion made long ago.
  • From a plot twist perspective, Tyrion has just given away Highgarden, arguably the second or third best castle. Daenerys may not agree with the choice, giving such a noble place to a mercenary with no real loyalty, putting Tyrion and Dany at odds - unless Bronn dies :whistle: :whistling:.
Stop tagging me :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

All correct points. It just felt a bit too hostile for me. Bronn is a sellsword, but he genuinely likes Tyrion and also Jamie to a lesser extent. I didn't get a hint of friendship from that exchange and the whole thing just felt a bit too contrived. They aren't writing the characters in a way that feels like the characters anymore.

I know I'm whinging a lot these days, but Its like I'm watching the characters I've grown to love, but it's not them anymore.

I really tried having an open mind for this one and to stop being negative. Unfortunately I don't feel much from it anymore.

I liken it to the steady decline of arsenal football club. It kills me to watch them play like shit year after year, but I will always loved them so I'll have to continue to torture myself haha

I don't know how anyone claiming to be a GoT fan could watch that episode and not enjoy it.

The party and all of Winterfell getting blasted. Tormund! Pod walking off with two ladyfriends AS A THROWAWAY JOKE. The Bronn standoff was so tense and he held all the cards. Loved it. He's playing his own game and taking pages out of Littlefinger's book climbing the ladder. Euron blindsiding everyone! Sansa laying the groundwork for ~something~ and of course poor Missandei signed her death warrant the second she held Grey Worm's hand.

I mentioned as soon as I saw Rheagal with the hurt wing that he'd be a prime target for a scorpion, and was still surprised when Euron showed up guns blazing.

What a fun episode.

Poor Ghost. :(

I don't know how anyone claiming to be a GoT fan could watch that episode and not enjoy it.
Them's fighting words.

The first 35-45 minutes were some of my favorite all time GOT minutes (except for Bronn who showed no character growth and why wouldn't tyrion/jaimie just send an assassin to kill bronn now?) but after they left winterfell I just thought there was a number of better ways to handle the plot. I feel like they did it the way they did almost solely to show of the scorpions (could have just a quick Cersei on the wall scene to show them) and to kill of Misandei who I still don't care about and could/should have died in Ep3 so they don't waste time on her. Won't mention the whole Euron magic aiming abilities or bolts that can apparently shoot 10 miles.

Overall an enjoyable episode though that outdid expectations of a slow setup ep like Ep1-2.

I think Bronn was in character.

Even though he likes Tyrion (and to a lesser extent Jamie), if he entered the room in a friendly manner, he would not have been offered Highgarden. His first few moments in the room, and Tyrion and Jamie did not believe Bronn to be a threat. He had to be cold, hard and to the point.

Could Jamie or Tyrion hire assassins to off Bronn? I guess, but assassinations aren't really their style. Worse, if word got out that Bronn was murdered, Cersei would quickly deduce who the killer was (Qyburn, Cersei's Hand, is the Master of Whispers), and send more assassins after her brothers. As long as Bronn is alive, Cersei thinks her brother's days are numbered - thus Jamie and Tyrion are "safe".

Bronn was in character as the same character he's been for 5-6 years is my point. No growth or character arch just the same static character trying to get that money. Also just tons of plot armor in her hiring Bronn so not touching on that.

I'm still the same character I've been for the past 5-6 years. At a certain age, barring dramatic events you don't change much. I'm about the same age as Bronn, so I get it.

Bronn has been near, but not affected by, major events throughout the series. Any change in his character would be called "bad writing".

life =/= tv and movies
character archs =/= bad writing

ea818c47f87d1cc618a08e527aa40f123611b77aee0cf8f5981e3262f88e1e9b.jpg

Bronn saved Jamie from certain death by dragon last season. Why did he do that if he wasn't endeared to Jamie to some extent? I'm not buying his character development. I think there may be something more to come.

That’s it just finished over here so I can catch up with the rest of you. Observations...

1 - Dragons have scales made of wet toilet paper
2 - You’d want the Greyjoy scorpion gunners on your darts team
3 - Jamie’s beer goggles
4 - The actor who plays Greyworm has one of the best agents in Hollywood... how has he not been killed off yet?
5 - Varys is a republican (as in anti-monarchy not pro Trump) and might be looking to form a republic and do away with kings and queens altogether
6 - Jon was a dick to Ghost. He could at least have given him a biscuit
7 - Bran needs to be dropped from a higher window

Last edited:
That’s it just finished over here so I can catch up with the rest of you. Observations...

1 - Dragons have scales made of wet toilet paper
2 - You’d want the Greyjoy scorpion gunners on your darts team
3 - Jamie’s beer goggles
4 - The actor who plays Greyworm has one of the best agents in Hollywood.
5 - Varys is a republican (as in anti-monarchy not pro Trump) and might be looking to form a republic and do away with kings and queens altogether
6 - Jon was a dick to Ghost. He could at least have given him a biscuit
7 - Bran needs to be dropped from a higher window
I was really hoping that Brienne would pick him up and kiss him against the wall lol

Yeah, even with beer goggles :watching:, I don’t get it...o_O
Jamie has changed significantly since season one, and there's been a bond between these two for a while. For Jamie it's about more than just "I'm drunk and she's a large piece of willing ass."

Brienne couldn't be more opposite to Cersei, and though I'm not sure how I feel about the hookup from a storytelling perspective, it is another indicator of how much Jamie has changed.

It's notable that in the books, Brienne was considered to be very ugly. Casting Gwendoline Christie in this role was one of the many liberties they took with the source material - I think she's a looker.

Jamie has changed significantly since season one, and there's been a bond between these two for a while. For Jamie it's about more than just "I'm drunk and she's a large piece of willing ass."

Brienne couldn't be more opposite to Cersei, and though I'm not sure how I feel about the hookup from a storytelling perspective, it is another indicator of how much Jamie has changed.

It's notable that in the books, Brienne was considered to be very ugly. Casting Gwendoline Christie in this role was one of the many liberties they took with the source material - I think she's a looker.
No book spoilers! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

+1 on all of this. I think Jaimie is definitely one of the largest (and by far my favorite) character archs.

Don't tell me you weren't at least a little disappointed in a sex scene with no boobs. o_O

Can’t say I wasn’t, a little... :rolleyes:

I agree with you about Jamie changing and appreciate that in the show. I don’t see her as very ugly, but I don’t see her as attractive at all, so I think casting was decent.

I think the want Jamie has for Bree is that she is to polar opposite to Cersei. It’s the affection more than physical attraction that draws Jamie to her. Jamie could have anyone but has never had anyone see him more than Kingslayer. Bre sees he is a good man and tells him often, Jamie finally feels loved and wanted, something he has never experienced.

The episode was ok, the first scene was great. The “celebration” started to get a bit meh to me though, I feel it dragged a bit much. I feel like they’re are rushing Danys slip into crazy, I feel like it could’ve been set up a little last season instead of bam now she’s acting crazy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom