Fugly Poker Table Thread (28 Viewers)

As BG points out, that's the table lighting. I suspect that people were far more used to candles being close to them so bumping them would be less of an issue. The height of the candlesticks would actually help any uncomfortable heat situation as the candles grew shorter.

As a former museum docent, I've never seen such a table, but the thought put into it makes me think it may be authentic. If I were local I'd consider giving it a look, as it could easily be worth 3-5x the listed price if in good condition.
Interesting!! Who knew? (Not me!) :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

If you bought that table, you'd have to go all in on the theme. Get some FDL mold chips. Chanman cloth with the French flag. Bounty chips with Marie Antoinette that say "Let them eat cake" and a guillotine. :LOL: :laugh:

This just popped up on my facebook memories today. 10 years ago I bought this table on craiglist for I think $40. Oh how far I've come...

22133_496212775502_8179981_n.jpg

Possibly an unpopular opinion but themed poker tables are just tacky, and don't get me started on the chips around the rail. :vomit:

View attachment 410179
I think if you were to really theme out a room, a themed poker table would be the only way to go. To add to the theme, you just need to add a guy selling beers for a buy-in apiece, serve hamburgers that taste like high-school cafeteria food, and the players in seats 6 and 7 have to get into a fistfight , landing one in the holding cell, located under the table.

Possibly an unpopular opinion but themed poker tables are just tacky, and don't get me started on the chips around the rail. :vomit:

View attachment 410179
It's not the worst table I've seen. I'm not in love with the chip lined race track as it would confuse me at the table but I think the table looks *okay* overall.

I refuse to believe those chips are under resin. You would see the scratch marks as someone worth their salt would try to claw them out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom