Fugly Poker Table Thread (36 Viewers)

I had actually considered netting and leather strap (like a classy pool table) cup holders for my portable tables, as they essentially take up zero room. Decided against it because they are less stable, and I found I strongly prefer slide-unders. But if anyone buys one of those folding portable tables with built in cup holders that are only 1" deep, this is a viable alternative if you retained any macrame skills from childhood.
Just get some local hippies to make them out of hemp.

9 foot table!

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/443951636225108/

81007160_10156817191995841_3921644572513402880_n.jpg

These guys from Granite City constantly spam the local poker FB group nonstop about their cash games with $20 min buy in and no other details. I assume 25c/50c. But they only use dice chips and paper cards. Also openly invites anyone to them without proper vetting (from what I can gather).

Bunch of shady looking people, playing with that setup and security, no way. Bound to invite someone there who will eventually rob them or something

i have such fond memories of this shitty table. It’s where I made 100% of my weekly college drinking money.
There are worse versions of this table that have that faux leather felt. I know a few people who own those and can't stand them.

There are worse versions of this table that have that faux leather felt. I know a few people who own those and can't stand them.

The worst part was the leather bottomed cup holders that made drinks even less stable on top of a table as sturdy as a wet cardboard box.

I'm told that I had a lot of good times on that table. Unfortunately, I remember little after the 5th or 6th Jagermeister, except for a blurry recollection of trying to lift my head as I vomited onto the felt.

I'd sell it for $1500, but giving a $250 discount to have it cleaned enough so it can be safely burned according to EPA standards.

I'm told that I had a lot of good times on that table. Unfortunately, I remember little after the 5th or 6th Jagermeister, except for a blurry recollection of trying to lift my head as I vomited onto the felt.

I'd sell it for $1500, but giving a $250 discount to have it cleaned enough so it can be safely burned according to EPA standards.
That table is the kind that if you could get it for 50 or 100 bucks it would make a nice project and shouldn't be too terrible to clean up but for $1,250 that guy is on another planet.

That table is the kind that if you could get it for 50 or 100 bucks it would make a nice project and shouldn't be too terrible to clean up but for $1,250 that guy is on another planet.
Agreed. You're definitely re-felting, maybe re-padding and re-covering the rail. His price probably reflects his cost.

Negatives (other than condition) include size, shape and a dealer spot. There is a limited audience for this table, and no one is paying his asking price.

A clear example of a builder getting better through the build.

After finishing the rail, he took a look at what he did, and decided not to finish the legs. See? He's already learning!

View attachment 388946

$65

real poker table. Great for man cave. Perfect table for them weekly poker games out in the garage. Had down in my basement. Didn’t use it as much as I’d thought. Moving and no longer need it.

I like the PVC on the table..must be adding plumbing underneath the table...no need for breaks

I like the PVC on the table..must be adding plumbing underneath the table...no need for breaks
HAHA! This actually reminds me of the first home game I played at. A guy I worked with and his buddies had built a table with 6” rails (maybe taller!) and cheap green felt. That thing weighed a ton! They set it up on sawhorses in his janky old garage that was carpeted with multi-colored sample pieces. He put up a plywood wall in a corner, with a large funnel connected to a tube that ran outside for a restroom. The game was sort of NLHE, but they had all sorts of weird rules. I was still pretty new to poker, and they were a fun group, so it was a good game. :D

View attachment 388946

$65

real poker table. Great for man cave. Perfect table for them weekly poker games out in the garage. Had down in my basement. Didn’t use it as much as I’d thought. Moving and no longer need it.

Seems like a bargain.. should be looking good as new as soon as it's finished molting..

description should have said, "upgrading my basement and replacing this with a pile of cow shit... my loss is your downward spiral".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom