Fournier 2826 vs Green/Burgandy Prestige (1 Viewer)

TheBigTater

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know, it may be me, but I keep seeing people compare the Prestige cards to Fourniers and I just don't get it. The Prestige (Green/Burgundy) may be made by Fournier but they don't seem anything alike to me. I love Fournier 2826's and use them almost exclusively. They are super durable yet flexible & easy to shuffle & deal.

I bought a couple of setups of the Green/Burgundy Prestige cards when the first came out because while I liked the Red/Blue single deck Prestige cards, I hated that back design. The Green/Burgundy has a much better back design but the cards are so slick that they are a pain to shuffle and deal. They have a dimple like texture/coating to them that makes them super slippery. Maybe it is because they came from a first production run but they feel like a totally different stock than all the other Fourniers I have, even the Red/Blue Prestige. I wish I could get the feel of the Red/Blue cards with the back design of the Green/Burgundy.

Do the current production runs of the Green/Burgundy have a different texture than the ones I got when they first came out. ie: not with the dimpled texture, and not as slippery?

Last edited:
the bicycle prestiges i have are slippery as anything, they are poker size, small index and red/blue colored.

the Fournier 2826 aka Congress cards I have are among my top 3 favorite cards, they are a tiny bit slippery to start, but after a half dozen shuffles, that newness slippery feeling is subsided and they handle great

the bicycle prestiges i have are slippery as anything, they are poker size, small index and red/blue colored.

And for me the Red/Blue Prestige don't seem anywhere near as slick as the Green/Burgundy cards. They feel like 2 different stocks all together. Just hate that back design on the Red/Blue.

Bear in mind that not ALL Bicycle Prestige cards are manufactured by Fournier. Some are made in China, and are DEFINITELY not the same standard. I am not saying that this is what is going on here, but you can check your Presitge cases to determine their origins. Would be interested in a pic of these cards, as I have only ever bothered with red/blue in the traditional "bike" design.

Bear in mind that not ALL Bicycle Prestige cards are manufactured by Fournier. Some are made in China, and are DEFINITELY not the same standard. I am not saying that this is what is going on here, but you can check your Presitge cases to determine their origins. Would be interested in a pic of these cards, as I have only ever bothered with red/blue in the traditional "bike" design.

Sorry these are quick phone pics but they show at least 4 countries on the back of packaging (the world traveler of cards).

Imported Into: Canada
Manufactured and Distributed: US (Kentucky)
Packaging: China
Cards Manufactured: Spain (assuming Fournier)
Assemblage: US

ImgBP1.jpg

ImgBP2.jpg

ImgBP3.jpg

I would expect those to be the Fournier-made cards. My poker size jumbo setup like thise was very similar in feel to the Bicycle Prestige red/blue std index set (black single deck case) that I have. If there's a difference in feel, I wonder if it's due to the size, or if they've changed the plastic.

To my knowledge, the china-made red/blue cards were in clear single deck boxes. The Fournier-made ones were in the black single cases with the silver slip band.

I'll take another look at my Congress 2826, 2012 WSOP, poker size WSOP Breakout Fourniers, and Prestige setups to see how they compare.

Yeah, all the Red/Blue Prestige cards I have are poker size, regular index and come in the Black single cases. The stuff on the back is the same about packaged in China, manufactured in Spain. The only difference is the Red/Blue single case cards are listed as Dura-Flex on the front, Green/Burgundy are not. They are 2 totally different stocks/plastics.

I spent some time with a few setups, mostly just shuffling them (riffle, strip, box, repeat).

The contenders:
Bicycle Prestige red std index
Fournier EPT Gold blue jumbo index
Bicycle Prestige poker size jumbo index green
WSOP 2013 (Bicycle branded, Fournier made)
Fouriner/Congress 2826

20160329_202500 (Medium).jpg

20160329_203948 (Medium).jpg

According to the band on the Green Prestige setup, they were manufactured in Spain. Only caveat is that they were purchased in 2013. I don't have bridge-size cards for the Prestige, so I can't do a direct comparision.

A few thoughts.
- The poker size Prestige (both types) and EPT cards were the same height, and felt the same to me with respect to texture. If I was blindfolded, I doubt I could tell one from another. The green Prestige were slightly stiffer, which I suspect is because they have less use (one game).

- The WSOP's felt like they had slightly less texture than the poker-sized cards. They were slightly taller than the poker sized cards.

- The 2826's had noticeably less texture than the poker sized cards, and slightly less than my WSOP's. And they were 1 card thicker than the WSOP cards. They have been used in a game or two and the WSOP's are brand new. I'm wondering if they are more broken in as a result.

That surprised the heck out of me. I guess I never directly compared the 2826 and WSOP cards to the other poker-size Fourniers I had, but in my opinion, they definitely have less texture to them than the other cards I have, including the EPT cards. Based on that, I would say that the bridge size Fournier/Congress cards are on different stock than the poker sized ones.

The odd thing is that you indicate that your bridge size Prestige feel different than both the red/blue prestige and the 2826 Fourniers. About the only thing I can suggest is to send you my poker size / jumbo Prestige set to compare with the sets you have.

Two setups of green/burgundy Prestige just received - they handle well. A tiny bit stiff for a really soft drop-riffle, but they handle fine and that's typical for an unused deck. I'm happy with my bargain purchase.

It could be different production runs, different stock, who knows. The only thing I'm sure of is I'm not a fan of the Green/Burgundy cards at all. I doubt doing more comparisons will ever make me want to use them. I will gift them to someone who will use them. Or better yet, CDN & Milo, I have 2 setups one used for about an hour and the other still in original packaging. If you PM me you addresses I'll give them to you for more intense study, if you want. :)

Thanks, but not me. The green/burgundy combination wreaks havoc with my eyes (stupid colour issues). I really can't tell them apart easily, which is why I only ever used them in one game, as we eventually had both decks in use near the end. I have to unload the cards I have that I don't use at some point...

I spent some time with a few setups, mostly just shuffling them (riffle, strip, box, repeat).

The contenders:
Bicycle Prestige red std index
Fournier EPT Gold blue jumbo index
Bicycle Prestige poker size jumbo index green
WSOP 2013 (Bicycle branded, Fournier made)
Fouriner/Congress 2826

View attachment 36366

View attachment 36367

According to the band on the Green Prestige setup, they were manufactured in Spain. Only caveat is that they were purchased in 2013. I don't have bridge-size cards for the Prestige, so I can't do a direct comparision.

A few thoughts.
- The poker size Prestige (both types) and EPT cards were the same height, and felt the same to me with respect to texture. If I was blindfolded, I doubt I could tell one from another. The green Prestige were slightly stiffer, which I suspect is because they have less use (one game).

- The WSOP's felt like they had slightly less texture than the poker-sized cards. They were slightly taller than the poker sized cards.

- The 2826's had noticeably less texture than the poker sized cards, and slightly less than my WSOP's. And they were 1 card thicker than the WSOP cards. They have been used in a game or two and the WSOP's are brand new. I'm wondering if they are more broken in as a result.

That surprised the heck out of me. I guess I never directly compared the 2826 and WSOP cards to the other poker-size Fourniers I had, but in my opinion, they definitely have less texture to them than the other cards I have, including the EPT cards. Based on that, I would say that the bridge size Fournier/Congress cards are on different stock than the poker sized ones.

The odd thing is that you indicate that your bridge size Prestige feel different than both the red/blue prestige and the 2826 Fourniers. About the only thing I can suggest is to send you my poker size / jumbo Prestige set to compare with the sets you have.
What's your favorite of this group @CdnBeerLover ?

I have the 2013 wsops, bicycle poker size prestige red/blue, and 2826 congresses.
Along with 15 or so other setups

2826 Congress are my favorite jumbo and wsop 2013 are my favorite standard index.

I prefer poker sized cards. My preference out of the above is the EPT Gold. My favourite card overall is the Fournier WSOP "Breakout" card (jumbo index)...just prefer the look of them.

I have a bunch of other cards as well...Desjgn CV (JI), Kem Arrows (SI), Four52 (SI & JI), Ovalyon (JI), Marion (JI), Cartamundi ACE (JI), and Modiano PA (JI & SI). The Desjgn and Modiano PA's are used as much as the Fournier's for jumbo index. For standard, it's Bicycle Prestige (red/blue) or Modiano PA. I've tried the Kem's recently, but just haven't warmed up to them.

I was using Fournier 2826 last night. After a few hours, my buddy was sick of getting beat, so he grabbed a deck of Modiano poker index. Talk about night and day. I used to think I liked the modianos, but using them after the Fourniers, they just felt thick and stiff and clumsy.

CdnBeerLover, here is something I've done that might help. I don't have trouble distinguishing colors, but I decided that I'd mix the deck backs. Most of the times (I currently have Copags for our group tournaments), I have (for example) a red deck of one back and a blue deck with a different back. I did it because I thought it would be even less likely to have cards get mixed up. It seems to me that might help some, but if colors are hard to distinguish, you could do the same thing but pair each deck with a color you could easily distinguish.

CdnBeerLover, here is something I've done that might help. I don't have trouble distinguishing colors, but I decided that I'd mix the deck backs. Most of the times (I currently have Copags for our group tournaments), I have (for example) a red deck of one back and a blue deck with a different back. I did it because I thought it would be even less likely to have cards get mixed up. It seems to me that might help some, but if colors are hard to distinguish, you could do the same thing but pair each deck with a color you could easily distinguish.

(y) :thumbsup: That is definitely a valid approach. I currently have the EPT and WSOP Fourniers, and those are definitely different enough on the backs that there is no mixing them up. Luckily, the red/blue combos are different enough that I haven't had to do that yet. If I still had the burgundy/green jumbo Prestige, I'd definitely pair them with the red/blue jumbo Prestige I bought and use them in this manner.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom