Marion Pro & Lot Fancy - Two "sleepers", I'm impressed (1 Viewer)

davefr

Pair
Reaction score
I like to try new cards and decided to buy a Marion Pro ($20) and Lot Fancy ($10) setup on Amazon. I'm impressed with both brands.

Marion Pro (Bridge/Jumbo) are the thickest cards I own but not overly stiff. They feel and handle pretty similar to Fournier. Texture is just about right and the graphics are really nice. They're made in Taiwan. For $20/setup I consider them good value. They also have Poker Jumbo/Regular but given their thickness, that might make the Poker size a little too stiff. They sell Poker size in a 12 deck set for only $78 which is excellent value.

Lot Fancy decks are 5 cards thinner than Marion Pro. They shuffle very nice IMHO. They are not as limp as KEM nor as stiff as Fournier. I'd say right in between and just about perfect. It appears they only come in Poker Std., size. (at least on Amazon) Graphics are good but not up to the level of Desjgn. At $10 setup this has got to be about the best value out there for very nice cards. They are made in China. They do have a pretty robust texture to them. I'd say they do everything very well.

Both setups some in a plastic vs. cardboard case. Neither setup appears to have any defects.

P1110162 - Copy.jpg
P1110163 - Copy.jpg
P1110164.jpg

Lot Fancy decks are 5 cards thinner than Marion Pro. It appears they only come in Poker Std., size. (at least on Amazon)

These are poker jumbo.
Link

It seems that they have both 100% and also paper(plastic coated) versions.
With same backs, makes it confusing for consumers imo.

Almost bought a set of paper decks cos the price was almost the same on AmazonSG

These are poker jumbo.
Link

It seems that they have both 100% and also paper(plastic coated) versions.
With same backs, makes it confusing for consumers imo.

Almost bought a set of paper decks cos the price was almost the same on AmazonSG
I just noticed they also have Bridge size but only in black!

Here's what I see. Perhaps I made too much of it, but it was after 2 games with the cards.

PXL_20240324_161719301_Medium.jpg

PXL_20240324_161653658.MP_Medium.jpg

PIP comparison for those that are curious

PXL_20240324_161432034.MP_Medium.jpg

PXL_20240324_161521336.MP_Medium.jpg

Yeah I bought a stack of lot fancy poker jumbo from Amazon after trying them out. As a KEM lover, these are a no brainer substitute at a third of the price. I’m not saying they’re in the same league as KEMs, but I am saying they’re the best ten dollar setup I’ve ever played with, despite being poker size.
The only downside I’ve seen. To the lot fancy’s is that the club and spade could be a little more distinct. But at that price, I’ll live with it. Worth mentioning that I’ve only got a few sessions on them, so durability is yet to be determined.

Yeah I bought a stack of lot fancy poker jumbo from Amazon after trying them out. As a KEM lover, these are a no brainer substitute at a third of the price. I’m not saying they’re in the same league as KEMs, but I am saying they’re the best ten dollar setup I’ve ever played with, despite being poker size.
The only downside I’ve seen. To the lot fancy’s is that the club and spade could be a little more distinct. But at that price, I’ll live with it. Worth mentioning that I’ve only got a few sessions on them, so durability is yet to be determined.
I agree. The more I play with Lot Fancy the more I love them. Handling is personal preference, but they hit the sweet spot for me. I can't think of any card that handles better. (a little softer than typical PVC and a little stiffer than typical Acetate). They handle similar to classic Desjgn Victorian V1 on Amass card stock.
P.S. They measure .0120" think

Last edited:
does anyone have a setup of lot fancy poker size jumbo they would want to sell cant find them anywhere

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom