Fordpickup92 image demonstrated singles shipping in standard envelope (1 Viewer)

FordPickup92

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
So after several recent inquiries on "how do you ship a single chip for $1?" I took some time to take a few snap shots of a single I shipped off this morning. Everyone does things differently and some use card board to encapsulate the chip also, but here is a basic step by step "items and instructions" image list.

Materials: 1 chip, plastic chip sleeve, blank paper, envelope, scissors, tape, stamps, cardboard
20201202_084057.jpg

Chip in sleeve, taped closed (do not tape directly to chip!)
20201202_084314.jpg

Chip to paper, paper cut to size (taped, do not tape directly to chip!)
20201202_084347.jpg

20201202_084449.jpg

Insert to envelope (some members recommend writing address on contents in case of seperation)
20201202_084519.jpg

Taping of corners, edges and back
20201202_085015.jpg

Final product, "do not bend, non-machineable"
20201202_085007.jpg

So after several recent inquiries on "how do you ship a single chip for $1?" I took some time to take a few snap shots of a single I shipped off this morning. Everyone does things differently and some use card board to encapsulate the chip also, but here is a basic step by step "items and instructions" image list.

Materials: 1 chip, plastic chip sleeve, blank paper, envelope, scissors, tape, stamps, cardboard
View attachment 584645

Chip in sleeve, taped closed (do not tape directly to chip!)
View attachment 584639

Chip to paper, paper cut to size (taped, do not tape directly to chip!)
View attachment 584641

View attachment 584640

Insert to envelope (some members recommend writing address on contents in case of seperation)
View attachment 584643

Taping of corners, edges and back
View attachment 584644

Final product, "do not bend, non-machineable"
View attachment 584642
Did you Lick it or skip that part?? Nobody wants any germies right now?? LOL cool write up, did you use the card board cut outs? I see them in the first pic but not in the packing process??

Did you Lick it or skip that part?? Nobody wants any germies right now?? LOL cool write up, did you use the card board cut outs? I see them in the first pic but not in the packing process??
Just dampen it with water. I used the cardboard for the 4 pink chips I sent out this morning, not with this one

Nice write up! I’ve be denied that way before (depends on clerk) but if they accept it it’s definitely the easiest. Most tried methods I’ve found is cutting a slot in cardboard and taping paper over the chip once placed in the slot. A pain but retains a consistent thickness throughout the letter and thus they can’t find any issue with it.

I started doing basically this as well.

Added note - if you are going to the post office anyways don’t bother with the stamps. Request “regular mail non-machinable” and they should test it in a sample slot tool they have to make sure it doesn’t exceed limitations. They will charge you 70 cents instead of the 1.10 cost for two stamps.

P.S. nice chip!

I started doing basically this as well.

Added note - if you are going to the post office anyways don’t bother with the stamps. Request “regular mail non-machinable” and they should test it in a sample slot tool they have to make sure it doesn’t exceed limitations. They will charge you 70 cents instead of the 1.10 cost for two stamps.

P.S. nice chip!
Good to know. I usually just stick it in the mailbox opposed to making a trip to the PO unless I have MFRB or larger to send off

Nice write up! I’ve be denied that way before (depends on clerk) but if they accept it it’s definitely the easiest. Most tried methods I’ve found is cutting a slot in cardboard and taping paper over the chip once placed in the slot. A pain but retains a consistent thickness throughout the letter and thus they can’t find any issue with it.
They don't deny it from the mailbox lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom