FIRST TABLE BUILD - Raised Rail - Cup Holders (PHOTOS AND NOTES) (1 Viewer)

BGlover

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi Again, Using this thread to post photos and notes from my first poker table build.

I put about 20 hours into this and in the end I'm satisfied with the results. I had never done upholstery before and was nervous - in the end it wasn't as difficult as I thought - but I had my wife help with an extra set of hands for that part.

LESSONS LEARNED:

1) The main thing: PATIENCE! All the little errors started by feeling rushed or trying to get too much done in too little time.

2) DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE TWO SEPERATE PEICES OF RAIL FOAM
The foam they had in stock at my local place was in 80 in. lengths - rather than wait on ordering in a 9 foot piece, I took home the 80in sheet and glued a section from the middle onto the end. - this resulted in a noticeable seam through the final - which we attempted to cover with a dryer sheet / dusting wipe. the wipe then wrinkled under the vinyl - causing a ripple that you can slightly notice with your eye - and definitely feel when you touch.

3) ACCOUNT FOR THE FOAM WHEN DRILLING HOLES FOR CUPHOLDERS.
I was concerned that the 3.5 in hole for the cup holders would hang over the inner raiser for the rail - so I set them back towards the players side of the rail - some of the holes ended up a little too close to the edge and there fore the cupholders aren't 100% even and are sort of tilted backwards.. In hindsight - using one in foam, I could've just centered the holes in the rail.

PICS ATTACHED

Attachments

• Image.jpeg
    Image.jpeg
    133.8 KB · Views: 335
  • Image[1].jpeg
    Image[1].jpeg
    128 KB · Views: 290
  • Image[2].jpeg
    Image[2].jpeg
    148.1 KB · Views: 270
  • Image.jpeg
    Image.jpeg
    149.7 KB · Views: 259
  • Image[3].jpeg
    Image[3].jpeg
    137.7 KB · Views: 266
  • Image[6].jpeg
    Image[6].jpeg
    106.8 KB · Views: 264
  • Image[3].jpeg
    Image[3].jpeg
    163.7 KB · Views: 268
  • Image[4].jpeg
    Image[4].jpeg
    138.6 KB · Views: 269
  • Image[4].jpeg
    Image[4].jpeg
    141.1 KB · Views: 323
  • Image[5].jpeg
    Image[5].jpeg
    171.7 KB · Views: 330
  • Image[6].jpeg
    Image[6].jpeg
    157 KB · Views: 362
Thank you for sharing. The table looks great! I really like the color combination.

Were there plans or anything that you followed? Considering a build and this is definitely my favorite come across so far.

I found when I built my table, It was imperative to find the vinyl for the rail to have a little give (stretch) for it to better conform to round corners.
Looks to me like yours turned out fantastic as well.

I found when I built my table, It was imperative to find the vinyl for the rail to have a little give (stretch) for it to better conform to round corners.
Looks to me like yours turned out fantastic as well.
Yes, We used a blow-dryer (no heat gun) it gave the vinyl lots of extra stretch.

Were there plans or anything that you followed? Considering a build and this is definitely my favorite come across so far.
I used this video as a basic guide and then just sketched it out on some paper, as well as on the plywood sheets themselves to help me visualize it.. Spraying each sheet of plywood a different color ex: Red, Blue Green and then labeling the different pieces in your plan would be helpful if you're like I was - and having a tough time envisioning how it will come together.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom