Films that would make good chip sets (1 Viewer)

The big Lebowski :hearts:

- Pacific Rim (the real one)
- Thor Ragnarok
- The devil wears Prada
- Gremlins
- Gatsby
- The Hunt for Red October
- vice-versa
- The Grand Budapest Hotel

Some good ideas from this thread from years ago. I’m actually having a movie theme custom set being produced right now
pokerchipforum.com/threads/movie-themed-custom-set.6280/

I’m thinking of doing a custom set around dragons. Dragons Lair or some such. Various denoms or imagery would allude to different dragons borrowed from literature and film. Smaug, Jabberwok, Bahumut SIN, Falkor, Pete’s Dragon, Viserion (iced out). Falkor and Pete’s would be reimagined.

I’m thinking of doing a custom set around dragons. Dragons Lair or some such. Various denoms or imagery would allude to different dragons borrowed from literature and film. Smaug, Jabberwok, Bahumut SIN, Falkor, Pete’s Dragon, Viserion (iced out). Falkor and Pete’s would be reimagined.

I don't love the theme. Of course my themes are a TV show, sunsets, and bourbon. Who am I to say what a solid theme is lol. If you do decide to go this route make sure and hire @p5woody . The dude is a lock for an awesome design!

I don't love the theme. Of course my themes are a TV show, sunsets, and bourbon. Who am I to say what a solid theme is lol. If you do decide to go this route make sure and hire @p5woody . The dude is a lock for an awesome design!
I don’t know that I love it either. Been thinking for some time on something, not there yet. Only had this in mind because of the whole dragons hoarding gold thing.

I think the Grand Budapest hotel was a great idea for a beautiful classy approach (Kidd’s suggestion). I love the fine Drs GoT set, but man I wish someone had a LotR set.

The themes/clans/houses/history/background just absolutely dwarfs the information available on something like GoT. Not quite Star Wars big, but I think the subject matter lends itself to chips much better than.

where’s Puff?

"Fun" sets with goofy stuff is maybe not a so good idea since they will fade in time and not be as funny over time ?
I'd go full classic timeless movies for a set, or at least classic design for a comedy classic like Ghostbuster.

Of our list, I'm considering using some for my custom label set...
I really like the "Kaiju" set (Gozilla, Pacific rim...) with color matching monsters and some cool stuff like Jaeger dealer, but fear that it looks childish in the end.

Of our list, I'm considering using some for my custom label set...
I really like the "Kaiju" set (Gozilla, Pacific rim...) with color matching monsters and some cool stuff like Jaeger dealer, but fear that it looks childish in the end.

My boys & I did something similar with some old Nexgens for our family game, we had labels made with some of our favorite movie monsters (including Godzilla):

1584024400625.png

I'm currently working on a Breaking Bad custom set in my spare time. Includes a "Better Call Saul" chip for when you get busted (REBUY), among other novelties.
You've got to include Mike in this set somehow. One of my favorite TV characters.

Big Trouble in Little China.

Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, and the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big ol' storm right square in the eye and he says, "Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom