FedEx Thefts of International Chip Packages (1 Viewer)

My family’s business overseas has good relationships with the FedEx hub due to the nature of that business and the volume they move for us. Would it help if I initiated contact and had someone on the ground do a physical check?

My family’s business overseas has good relationships with the FedEx hub due to the nature of that business and the volume they move for us. Would it help if I initiated contact and had someone on the ground do a physical check?
Sure! I’ve opened 2 traces, and I’ve posted in the FedEx subreddit, to no avail.

Sure! I’ve opened 2 traces, and I’ve posted in the FedEx subreddit, to no avail.
tumblr_ny0e9rYMeD1txufzyo1_400.gif

Wouldn’t hurt to give it a shot. Best case scenario, they find them. Worst case scenario and hopefully not the case, they’re unable to physically locate the packages. If you don’t mind, PM me with the tracking info and other pertinent info that I can pass onto the FedEx staff we know. They’re on the commercial side, but any help on the ground regardless of department is worth an attempt.

I had a $7k chip package that came from Canada FedEx Overnight. It was also held up in Memphis, except they told me I had to fill out an importer's form and pay fees for value. I called and explained that nothing was being imported and that it was a service item I had sent and was being returned. Had no luck on that battle. Bit the bullet and paid like $118 bucks to get my package cleared. Fuck FedEx, I'm just glad my package made it out after reading these horror stories. Fingers crossed that your package turns up sir.

Honestly given the the post-COVID logistical clusterf@$k, 8-9 days isn’t that bad. The three to four week period is where one should start to panic.

Okay guys. Hear me out. We start a group by and purchase FedEx. WW will need to do the heavy lifting and money and stuff. But we all split like 2% ownership, WW gets his chips, Poppins chips will appear....

Anyone? I'm working on my retirement here.

That's a bummer @Windwalker, hopefully they show up eventually. I have a barrel of Terribles fracs that have been sitting at the USPS Chicago International Service Center since June 17th. No movement or updates whatsoever. I have done a little research and they are known for being a mess. Hopefully that means they have not been stolen.

I had a $7k chip package that came from Canada FedEx Overnight. It was also held up in Memphis, except they told me I had to fill out an importer's form and pay fees for value. I called and explained that nothing was being imported and that it was a service item I had sent and was being returned. Had no luck on that battle. Bit the bullet and paid like $118 bucks to get my package cleared. Fuck FedEx, I'm just glad my package made it out after reading these horror stories. Fingers crossed that your package turns up sir.
What does “pay fees for value” mean? I just filled one out for 5 figures and didn’t have to pay any additional fees, at least that I know of :oops:

What does “pay fees for value” mean? I just filled one out for 5 figures and didn’t have to pay any additional fees, at least that I know of :oops:
My box had a declared value of 7k, so they made me pay importer fees on 7k. Don't remember the percentage. But they would not release my item to me. I was livid. I purchased overnight shipping and didn't get my chips for like 6 days. Shipping cost was like $150 itself.

Last edited:
Okay guys. Hear me out. We start a group by and purchase FedEx. WW will need to do the heavy lifting and money and stuff. But we all split like 2% ownership, WW gets his chips, Poppins chips will appear....

Anyone? I'm working on my retirement here.
Nice upgrade on the avatar! The grumpy angry face was a bit intense, this one is so much more warm and squishy! And who doesn't like pancakes?

No signature required?
In our area, FedEx has been delivering without signatures for over a year, regardless of package value. The drivers are merely required to verify that someone is at home, even something as simple as seeing someone moving around inside through a window, or outside on the lanai, and then they provide their own "signature".

Yep, I’ve had a few packages within the last year or so that were supposed to require a signature. They were left on the porch. Thankfully, I received them and they were intact. Good luck @Windwalker getting those chips.

My box had a declared value of 7k, so they made me pay importer fees on 7k. Don't remember the percentage. But they would not release my item to me. I was livid. I purchased overnight shipping and didn't get my chips for like 6 days. Shipping cost was like $150 itself.
Welcome to the life of an international chipper...

Hope those chips will resurface soon Krish...I can only recommend DHL Express like previous posts, they are top notch imho.
USPS never let me down but for premium intern packages DHL is the way.

Happy to say that Belgium customs & Bpost finally took their thumb out of their...ear and renewed the import procedure.
I can now pay online (yes, in 2021) and it only takes 5 days tops to process (before covid the average was 3-4 weeks !).
Nice to know that the thousands of dollars they took me for are well spent.

FYI, I will receive a USPS package from NY that is now in customs (it was posted on 06/21)...value is $125, i need to pay almost $60 in fees.
So speed increased but cost went up (almost 50% now).

Since the real value is about $1200, it's only 5%....but i'm SOL when things would go south.

Last edited:

Hope those chips will resurface soon Krish...I can only recommend DHL Express like previous posts, they are top notch imho.

Happy to say that Belgium customs & Bpost finally took their thumb out of their...ear and renewed the import procedure.
I can now pay online (yes, in 2021) and it only takes 5 days tops to process (before covid the average was 3-4 weeks !).

FYI, I will receive a USPS package from NY that is now in customs (it was posted on 06/21)...value is $125, i need to pay almost $60 in fees.

Since the real value is about $1200, it's only 5%....but i'm SOL when things would go south.
Sucks to suck...

In all seriousness, I feel for you guys. It's a load of bullshit honestly.

Yep, I’ve had a few packages within the last year or so that were supposed to require a signature. They were left on the porch. Thankfully, I received them and they were intact. Good luck @Windwalker getting those chips.

Yes, it works well enough that we haven't lost anything yet. But then we're in a gated community, and the two regular FedEx drivers know us, after eight years.

Still, knock on wood...

Hopefully it clears customs soon :)

this is an awful experience to go through.. fortunately out of NY I’ve had absolutely zero issue with USPS… all package for the last 5 years have arrive safely in both directions … but we just had an issue with a FedEx delivery recently (thank god non-chip related) .. package went from NJ to NY, then to Long Island, then to IL, then Memphis, back to NY, then to PA, and then Memphis, back to NJ, back to Memphis … and after 4 weeks, I called the vendor and cancelled the order and received full refund … I doubt it will ever arrive either at my place or back to the vendor.

I also had a traumatic experience of chips sent from here (Greece) to Chicago, through the national Post Services (ELTA and USPS) where [in Chicago] they (according to tracking info) remained forever, just to be vandalised and stolen.
After some ridiculous bitching, the USPS acknowledged to the ELTA that it was their responsibility, and that they would pay, through ELTA, a minimum insurance to the sender (me).

Probably, the mistake has been writing the full value of the chips on the label (in order for them to be insured). That made the package attractive to thieves.
I was belatedly informed by the filthy cretins of the ELTA (the Greek USPS) that even a "registered" package (with full tracking and required recipient's signature) is NOT automatically insured for its full declared value.

On top of the (limited) insurance money, I also sent to the member in Chicago the equivalent of half of the remaining loss.

Edit: Just to remind that there 's only packaging against careless or accidental handling; there is no packaging against malicious handling.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom