Favorite poker game that’s not so popular (1 Viewer)

BPB

Sitting Out
Reaction score
What’s your favorite non NLH or PLO poker game?
Which poker game do you think should/will get more popular but it’s not currently

My answers: Razz and I don’t know why 2-7 single draw is not more widely played.

The question is what games are currently unpopular that you feel will become more popular. Plenty of folks play Omaha, especially around here.

Unfortunately, I love Razz but the general feeling is it's a dying game. It had been popular for quite a while, and even makes up one of the components of HORSE, but there are players who will sit out Razz rounds in a mix game just because they dislike it that much. A shame really....

The question is what games are currently unpopular that you feel will become more popular. Plenty of folks play Omaha, especially around here.

Unfortunately, I love Razz but the general feeling is it's a dying game. It had been popular for quite a while, and even makes up one of the components of HORSE, but there are players who will sit out Razz rounds in a mix game just because they dislike it that much. A shame really....
Yeah I love razz too, played it as a tourney once in the home game and my players didn’t hate it lol. I need to start a dealer’s choice game!

I like Razz, Stud, and Stud8. Hard to find a game though.
Tough to find stud players these days, for some reason the players in my home game kinda like the stud games better than Omaha which I find surprising.

5 card PLO two boards
5 card Courchevel two boards (not sure about name but it's derived from French ski resort)

Last edited:
I like Razz. Also Scarney (not sure if that's considered popular or not) and PLO High High.

Reactions: BPB
Triple Holdem – 6 cards, make 3 hands, discard one on the flop and one on the turn

SOHE – 6 cards - One holdem hand and one Omaha hand for split pot

Fun games to break it up for an orbit

Five card stud. Simple enough that it lends itself well to serious drinking; tough enough that it's hard to be an extremely consistent winner.

If you can't master five card stud, you really shouldn't be playing any of those other games. :cool

As to draw poker, you might as well be playing acey-deucy...

How does that work?
PLO High High is a split pot game. One half of the pot goes to the normal best high omaha hand (using exactly two hole cards). For the second half of the pot, you have to use the other two hole cards in your hand for the second high hand. It's fun because hands like AAAA are actually playable ;)

PLO High High is a split pot game. One half of the pot goes to the normal best high omaha hand (using exactly two hole cards). For the second half of the pot, you have to use the other two hole cards in your hand for the second high hand. It's fun because hands like AAAA are actually playable ;)
That’s pretty interesting actually

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom