Favorite Car You've Owned? (3 Viewers)

Swapped the mini spoiler for the extended.

Absolute booty/hip game changer

View attachment 1191542
Made a weekend modification myself. :p
IMG_5108.jpeg
IMG_5109.jpeg
IMG_5107.jpeg

Share a pic of that FJ! Man I want one so bad. Currently have a 2010 Trail Teams FJ Cruiser and would love to park a 40 next to it!
View attachment 1191603
I’ll dig up some old pictures…it was my car in college. Sold it for $1200 bucks to pay for a uhaul to move from Binghamton NY to SC when I finish grad school…never take an FJ to NY. It was rusty.

Edit…Pic from the for sale add when I bought it in 1999.

IMG_6343.jpeg

Last edited:
I had to pull these from my long unused Facebook page but this was and still is my favourite car during my youth. Unfortunately I had to trade up to a SUV when I started a family but hopefully in my midlife crisis I can go back to something like this.

Honda Accord Euro-R CL7
IMG_0260.jpeg

IMG_0258.jpeg
IMG_0259.jpeg

I had to pull these from my long unused Facebook page but this was and still is my favourite car during my youth. Unfortunately I had to trade up to a SUV when I started a family but hopefully in my midlife crisis I can go back to something like this.

Honda Accord Euro-R CL7View attachment 1191690

View attachment 1191688View attachment 1191689
I once owned a 2004 Acura TSX. Great car and I’m a huge fan of Honda vehicles. My current daily driver is a 2012 TL SH-AWD. It’s not quite as fun as the other vehicle in my garage but it’s a damn nice ride.
IMG_1418.jpeg

I once owned a 2004 Acura TSX. Great car and I’m a huge fan of Honda vehicles. My current daily driver is a 2012 TL SH-AWD. It’s not quite as fun as the other vehicle in my garage but it’s a damn nice ride. View attachment 1191697

Obligatory "Hector is gonna be running three Honda Civics with Spoon engines" meme.

323.jpg

20231006_155627.jpg

20231006_155618.jpg

Wanted a bmw M in blue since i saw one at the 2000 Detroit auto show when I went with some college buddies.

M2 competition, manual, 406hp.

Made it happen in 2020 after gambling on stock options. :). Flew to Philly to pick it up...it was COVID times so my one way flight was $28 from Detroit to Philly.... Only blue one for sale in the country... Drove it back to Michigan. Unfortunately it only makes appearances April - November. But it's amazing and I regret nothing.

Picked this IS500 up a year ago and absolutely love it. Nice V8 and sporty when I want it to be but refined and reliable. I traded in an IS350 that I drove for 15 years with a solid V6 but the V8 is sublime. Loved that car as well but the new one is on a different level.

New

1710470151565.jpeg

Old

1710470247867.jpeg

Picked this IS500 up a year ago and absolutely love it. Nice V8 and sporty when I want it to be but refined and reliable. I traded in an IS350 that I drove for 15 years with a solid V6 but the V8 is sublime. Loved that car as well but the new one is on a different level.

New

View attachment 1292743

Old

View attachment 1292745
Been looking at the is500 myself. Nice ride. Red interior?

New

View attachment 1292743

Old

View attachment 1292745

One of my favorite cars was an is300 manual I had about 20 years ago. Rwd and manual. It wasn’t the fastest but was fun to drive. I ended up sliding out on an icy day when someone didn’t clean the snow off the top of their car and it flew up right at me. We were on the hwy going about 60 and trying to swerve out the way made me drift sideways and slam into a divider. My driver door ripped off my car and I didn’t even have a scratch on me. When who patrol stopped to check on me, they said I should have been dead. My car was in the shape of a boomerang and I had no door but I was completely fine. That car saved my life.

I’ve been looking for another is300 manual but they cost like triple what the automatic sells for.

Been looking at the is500 myself. Nice ride. Red interior?
I have the Launch Edition so it has gray sueded seats on top of a black interior but I do love the red interiors for these cars. I’m a huge fan of Lexus obviously after buying the same car with a larger engine after having my last car for 15 years haha but for my needs it’s perfect. It’s not going to be a pure sports car if that’s what you’re looking for but is plenty fun to drive and very comfortable and these things are bulletproof. This is the same engine from the ISF and RCF so nothing really cutting edge but nothing really goes wrong with them either. Also, there aren’t many naturally aspirated V8 cars left out there…

One of my favorite cars was an is300 manual I had about 20 years ago. Rwd and manual. It wasn’t the fastest but was fun to drive. I ended up sliding out on an icy day when someone didn’t clean the snow off the top of their car and it flew up right at me. We were on the hwy going about 60 and trying to swerve out the way made me drift sideways and slam into a divider. My driver door ripped off my car and I didn’t even have a scratch on me. When who patrol stopped to check on me, they said I should have been dead. My car was in the shape of a boomerang and I had no door but I was completely fine. That car saved my life.

I’ve been looking for another is300 manual but they cost like triple what the automatic sells for.
I’ve always wanted a manual IS300. They are definitely pricey now to find one in good shape. My IS350 was RWD and the IS500 is as well and I wouldn’t have it any other way. Like you said, these cars may not be the sportiest or fastest but they’re fun, reliable, safe and just generally easy to live with for a looong time

It's an awesome all-around car: great engine, all wheel drive, plenty of space, German engineering and quality interior appointments, but in a not-too-big sedan-sized package. (I generally dislike SUVs.)
I, too, currently own my parents’ old car and I’ll drive this thing to 300k miles. 2002 Audi A6 Avant. Thing spends too much time in the shop but it was the car I was raised in and it is a joy to drive still (plus a grandfathered MB policy helps)
408BC031-093E-4B97-A364-B7522EA76DAF.jpeg

I learned my lesson living in NYC. No more stick shift.
Oh boy. My favorite are the people who drive those Benzes with tires as thin as iPhones. When I see those drivers have NY plates, sometimes I root for the pothole*

*Solely on the grounds of, “how stupid can you be?”

Great car. I owned one a long long time ago. Still miss it sometimes. Wish I took more pictures back then

gXjcmey_d.webp

gIGu2vu_d.webp

Great car. I owned one a long long time ago. Still miss it sometimes. Wish I took more pictures back then

gXjcmey_d.webp

gIGu2vu_d.webp

The seats in these were so comfortable. Leather with suede in the middle. I didn’t slide around in it. And I remember the shifting was very smooth and felt great. I didn’t mod mine since I’m not into that. Finding one that is manual and unmodded is a unicorn now. I saw one for sale for $32k which is crazy for a car this old. But it sold immediately

Bought this not too long ago… very different from most in this thread, but surprisingly in love with it. Interiors are so gorgeous and comfortable.

Really looking to add a fun MT car at the moment tho.

uACOxzF_d.webp
Did u pick that up in Midland?! If u have to trek back that way for the major service I got some lunch recommendations if you haven’t tried them already:
-the Michael’s BBQ on Garfield, aviation theme, lots of cool airplane pictures, fried zucchini is excellent
-Dona Anita’s Tex mex on Florida

Did u pick that up in Midland?! If u have to trek back that way for the major service I got some lunch recommendations if you haven’t tried them already:
-the Michael’s BBQ on Garfield, aviation theme, lots of cool airplane pictures, fried zucchini is excellent
-Dona Anita’s Tex mex on Florida
I did. They were great.

I go there sometimes for work. I’ll definitely check these places out. Always looking for good spots when I’m in that area thank you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom