Favorite Car You've Owned? (1 Viewer)

What an ass!:hearts:
View attachment 1092429

:) That car even shifted my preferences regarding sex positions
:D
Ass you say? Booty and hips for days my boy! Taaadow!

30A9BF19-706C-4B09-B8CF-B79D2F812365.jpeg

Stopwatch-wise, there 's no match for manual changes using paddles on the steering wheel, without a clutch pedal (ie double-clutch gearbox or very responsive torque converter gearbox)
True, but under any level of acceleration/decelleration, you're stuck with their programmed shift points. They may give you a few optional settings: econ, normal, sport, race, etc, but even on the Alfa, I didn't find that enough.

And if you're tracking it, it's much harder for a small campaigner to change gears to tailor the ratios to the track in an auto trans than in a manual .

yeah i figured which is why it reminded me. Did you drive it? I'm wondering how it feels?....like a regular manual or does it feel "Special"
I drove it on a few occasions. The car is a 94 model with approximately 53k miles. It’s a very fun car to drive and the “Tubi style” exhaust gives it great sound. It felt special to drive mostly because of what it is but not so much because it performed better than anything I’ve ever driven.

@Lil Tuna & I have unlimited drive modes.

Left foot, right foot, stick.

I think we’re both stuck in “I wanna go fast and get squirrely mode” though :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
If my financial resources were unlimited and I had some of that “Lucky Money” as @Coyote mentioned, this is the car that would be sitting in my driveway. ;)
CD4B6FD4-B160-4A20-943D-D57F3478A469.jpeg

https://www.autolist.com/ford-gt

My Shelby has the same motor, horsepower and torque as this beauty here for about 1/10th the price tag.
Shelby = “Earned Money” @Coyote. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

If my financial resources were unlimited and I had some of that “Lucky Money” as @Coyote mentioned, this is the car that would be sitting in my driveway. ;)
I have a friend in my tennis club who's a retired flower exporter from the Netherlands and Germany, via Costa Rica. He's also an ex-endurance racer for Ferrari in Europe. His home here has two garages, each with two cars, via lifts. He also owns a "car condo" about two miles away, which holds another six cars. These cars are all Ferraris, Astons, Lambos, etc. He has his eye on a few more...

The garages are all air conditioned, and their walls are full of original modern art, some of which is worth more than the cars in the garages..

He drives all these cars around in daily rotation, but doesn't track any of them any more.

His wife says he has so much money that he just doesn't know what to do with it.

It doesn't appear to be making him happier, though. So be careful what you wish for!

Same for me. GT is one of my favorite cars. In the orange blue though
A true classic. I had a guy pass me on I40 a few months back with one on a trailer. Beautiful car, wish I had gotten a better picture.
A07093A6-3294-4AC0-9EDB-CEC7E1CD5DFF.png

And not the new one. The first generation. 2006?
The 2006 is my favorite year. I haven’t looked or read much about the newer generation model. I know I read that Ford put a V6 motor in the new one and I just thought to myself :unsure: :unsure::unsure:. REALLY?

I have a friend in my tennis club who's a retired flower exporter from the Netherlands and Germany, via Costa Rica. He's also an ex-endurance racer for Ferrari in Europe. His home here has two garages, each with two cars, via lifts. He also owns a "car condo" about two miles away, which holds another six cars. These cars are all Ferraris, Astons, Lambos, etc. He has his eye on a few more...

The garages are all air conditioned, and their walls are full of original modern art, some of which is worth more than the cars in the garages..

He drives all these cars around in daily rotation, but doesn't track any of them any more.

His wife says he has so much money that he just doesn't know what to do with it.

It doesn't appear to be making him happier, though. So be careful what you wish for!
Money doesn't buy happiness, but it solves a lot of problems that cause unhappiness.

Say... maybe he can send some of that extra money my way. I understand that helping others is often a cause for joy.

Money and sex cannot bring happiness by themselves, but there is no happiness without them, either.
Happiness is usually defined as the coincidence of reality with our wishes. This is a superficial definition, though.
Humans can be happy in hardship, too.

The only true happiness is instilled into the baby's heart by their mother, IF she has any of that (happiness), during the first 12 months of a human's life. It's like the initial charging of a battery. After that, it's too late.
It's a matter of luck to have had a happy / healthy and present mother, for the first 12 months of life.

Given the neuroses of current "western" civilization, world-wide, only a small fraction of mothers may be healthy enough to raise children:cry::cry::cry:
Let alone most of them are absent.

That’s a Beauty Terry! Love it! :love: :love::love:
lol and to think this was my everywhere daily drive back then, but most of the boys then had some beast... it was the norm.
Ended up wrecking back tires 1st week i had it, but had new rubber n 12 slotters already on order.
I kept the original Ford hubcaps ....cause i thought they were cool :cool i know they need a bath
1677986652681.jpeg

Money doesn't buy happiness, but it solves a lot of problems that cause unhappiness.

Say... maybe he can send some of that extra money my way. I understand that helping others is often a cause for joy.

I believe my favorite old line, once found on a Wacky Plak, was "Money isn't everything, but it's way ahead of whatever's in second place."

I have repeatedly suggested to him that his cars aren't getting enough exercise, and that I have a lot of free time on my hands...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom