Examples of vintage chips with colored inlays? (1 Viewer)

jbutler

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Looking for examples of vintage (say, pre-1980) chips with inlays with colored backgrounds. Not color pictures on the inlay, but actual colored backgrounds (not black or white).

I have these from a very brief search, but I know that I've seen others. Even crest and seal chips with colored inlays would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Dpa7kFG.png

45804.jpg

144981.jpg

19411.jpg

Really love that last one, btw. Beautiful chip.

The last one is my fav too. Just buy 2000 of those. [emoji13]

Will see what I can come up with in next few days, sir.

A magical chip fairy blessed me with these pics by email. Love them all, but how bad ass is that Cal-Vada chip?

ycgMFnr.jpg

BmPcTGM.jpg

dslTdBb.jpg

cRJQ5IT.jpg

caGMNG8.jpg

DB3ug6y.jpg

nDw10SQ.jpg

Sw7nTr3.jpg

CY3Khtd.jpg

2q0IkDH.jpg

I've seen the Cal-vada before, love it, but blown away by the El Condor. So sweet!

Really love that last one, btw. Beautiful chip.

It's a beauty alright! I had one before and thought it was cool. Heads up on this, there are actually two 1st issue versions; pink and salmon inlays.

There are several TR King issues that come to mind, here's my favorite from 1971.

UP.jpg

and more. the zimba's $5 doesn't strictly fit the requirements since the background is striped rather than solid, but it's interesting enough that i threw it in anyway.

41711.jpg

64703.jpg

09783.jpg

19590.jpg

32469.jpg

Not sure how old the Mizpah chip is, it may be from the 80's. I agree with you guys on the Cal-Neva chips. The Small Greek Key mold has an amazing feel! If CPC ever brought that mold back, I would probably have to buy lots of chips from them!

BTW- That yellow $100 from the GN is gorgeous!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 157
Was able to finally pick one up a few months back. :D

Congrats!!! Your patience paid off! What a great find! If you stumble across her sister LMK!
#GMUNNYISDAMAN

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom