Feedback on edge spot progression & colors (2 Viewers)

matthewb

Pair
Reaction score
Title says it all. I'm looking for feedback for this custom set! Plan is to print on ceramics - either TINA hybrids or BR Pro chips.

Theme/Name:
- Sub Rosa Social Club (Old school/vintage rose theme)

Behind the colors:
- Starting with the $1 chip - white with rose edge spots. Symbolizes air/oxygen/purity.
- Next the $5 chip - red with green edge spots. Symbolized the materialistic properties of the rose itself.
- Then the $25 - green with blue edge spots. Symbolizes water/nutrients/stability.
- Lastly the $100 - black with sunflower edge spots. Symbolizes the sun/energy/strength.

Let's dial it in! Let me know what you think :)

* Not posting the inlay design yet, but I can tell you it's vintage looking, and very traditional as of right now.
* The oversized inlay is there to better replicate my actual design.

1716439695241.png

Bias disclaimer: I'm not a fan of the Vegas line up.

I like the 1 and 100, the red chip looks like christmas and I feel like the blue clashes with the green.

Suggestions, toss the red chip out and go with yellow, pink or more realistic orange, add yellow/white inserts on the green chip.

I agree with @Machine
The $1 and $100 look really good but the $5 and $25 sort of blend in together.

I don’t mind classic Vegas colors but I would rework the edge spots on those

Bias disclaimer: I'm not a fan of the Vegas line up.

I like the 1 and 100, the red chip looks like christmas and I feel like the blue clashes with the green.

Suggestions, toss the red chip out and go with yellow, pink or more realistic orange, add yellow/white inserts on the green chip.
Definitely agree with the $25! Although I have got to say the $5 chip is my favorite, lol

I agree with @Machine
The $1 and $100 look really good but the $5 and $25 sort of blend in together.

I don’t mind classic Vegas colors but I would rework the edge spots on those
Are you thinking just colors? Or the actual edge spots themselves?

Definitely agree with the $25! Although I have got to say the $5 chip is my favorite, lol

Are you thinking just colors? Or the actual edge spots themselves?
It’ll probably work better with a different $25.

Was just talking about colors. It’s hard to comment about the spots without knowing the rest of the design.

1716443274334.png
1716443290914.png

Any of these stand out? I like the top and the bottom one a lot, the middle is kinda muted. Top one reminds me of hustlers old 1k chips.

Does anyone have good advice on what exactly to look for when choosing color spots?

I like 3.

You typically want good contrast with the base color and not repeated colors across denoms, that increase the risk of dirty stacks. Especially in adjecent denoms.

Other than that it’s a matter of opinion and taste

The first one isn't bad at all, but I will say there are so many sets where the Green chip is the best chip, here is one of my favorites, and some of the inspiration for my set that is on order.

Purple goes will with the green, I would use it over blue. Also some of red chips I find not bad, have blue on them.

There are all different colors of roses, you don't have to stick to red

1716444176492.png
1716445016054.png

greenrose.PNG
roses.PNG

The first one isn't bad at all, but I will say there are so many sets where the Green chip is the best chip, here is one of my favorites, and some of the inspiration for my set that is on order.

Purple goes will with the green, I would use it over blue. Also some of red chips I find not bad, have blue on them.

There are all different colors of roses, you don't have to stick to red

View attachment 1332818 View attachment 1332825

View attachment 1332821View attachment 1332822
Oh yeah, this is perfect advice - exactly what I was looking for.

Those green chips are amazing. The white and yellow look better as real chips than as a render. I'm going to test out the other 3rd Gemini AI recommendation with the other greens and I'll post back. - Also, the idea of possibly doing three spots on the red or green chip to isolate a certain color/reduce harshness is one I'll have to tinker with.

With different green bases:

1716446224174.png

With the current front-runner green chip, 3x3 edge spots to isolate middle:

1716446513712.png

Personally, I would not use green spots on a red chip unless the green chip was either a) not green, or b) such a different shade if green that it appeared entirely different (like Indian Blue, Pale Green, or Mint Green).

Using double green spots on the red chip pretty much means (to me) that the green chip can't be green. Try blue instead, or change the red chip spots.

Not that I'm a slave to spot progression (though in general I do that with my sets), but it seems the $25 should be a different pattern than the $5 or $100. I'd go with somd 3DS16 option. I realize yours are technically differnt (triple color vs. double) but still.

Matthewb 25.png

1716479347452.png

Can't tell if I'm moving forward or backwards!

The blue and red $5 can definitely earn a spot - still gotta tackle the $25, but it's getting there. Not sure if the $100 is starting to look out of place...

Edit: the 3DS14 option on the green chip has potential

Just searching for info. A lot of people also post their rolling edge patterns and I see you haven't.

When I made my own ceramic design (about 12 years ago now), I tried my best to use a face design that did not require any rolling edge alignment because it would have saved a lot of money at the time.
I have a few ideas for the edges, though it's still in the early design stages. I prefer non-aligned edges for the added layer of randomness they bring, but ultimately, the decision will depend on what looks best in the final design.

1717021136737.png

Currently hunting down the perfect frac colorway. The intention is to make these (orange) $0.50 chips, although I'm not completely sold on the idea. It all comes down to a 50c/$1 vs $1/$1 blind structure. Additionally, it's cool for newbie players to have more than two colors in front of them.

Aside from the reasoning, I am always lost for what to color the frac. Pink is nice, orange has life, and purple feels classy. I want to stay away from cold tones as my only restriction.

Thoughts? I'm interested in your recommendations!

Ooohhh. I get comment on some else’s post. Groovy beans.

If you’re not going to go with a big number over $100 (black?), the pink and purple would be cool for the fracs. If you want a $500 chip, then I’d reserve purple for the $500 or $1,000. Purple has a royalty quality to it - feels special. Like you “earned it”.

Otherwise pink and orange would be solid fracs options.

Ooohhh. I get comment on some else’s post. Groovy beans.

If you’re not going to go with a big number over $100 (black?), the pink and purple would be cool for the fracs. If you want a $500 chip, then I’d reserve purple for the $500 or $1,000. Purple has a royalty quality to it - feels special. Like you “earned it”.

Otherwise pink and orange would be solid fracs options.

Ok. I apologize for this. I was trying to edit my post with an additional thought, but apparently ran out of time. If a moderator wants to merge my two posts, please do so. Again…sorry.

Additional note:
You’re not using a blue as a base color yet, and that could also be an option for a frac, though a lot of designs use blue as the $1. But you could go with a light blue and pink. For .25 and .50.

Love the design, I would just change spot color in 5s. Blue is so boring....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom