Ex-wife Rant (1 Viewer)

Just thinking my children aren't dead weight. I remain happy to lend them a hand, physically, emotionally, or financially. I didn't need a court order to tell me this and I pray that other folks feel the same way too. I'll even change a diaper or two.

Don't like your ex? Or don't trust your ex? It is easy enough to route assistance directly to your kids.

I appreciate each of us is in a different financial situation but one of the greatest gifts you can give your children is a debt free education, if they want it. It is debilitating to leave school owing a fortune. I got an almost free ride in my day, I am just paying it forward.

DrStrange

Just thinking my children aren't dead weight. I remain happy to lend them a hand, physically, emotionally, or financially. I didn't need a court order to tell me this and I pray that other folks feel the same way too. I'll even change a diaper or two.

Don't like your ex? Or don't trust your ex? It is easy enough to route assistance directly to your kids.

I appreciate each of us is in a different financial situation but one of the greatest gifts you can give your children is a debt free education, if they want it. It is debilitating to leave school owing a fortune. I got an almost free ride in my day, I am just paying it forward.

DrStrange
Sage advice, per usual.

My parents worked hard to help me pay for my college (I earned some of the way in scholarships) to allow me to pursue employment without loans or debt. Allowing me to live at home while I worked and until I was ready to leave the nest to get my own place with my wife is something I'm indebted to them forever for.

Oh how well spoken and level headed. Stop preaching, you bore me.

My daughter does have a free boat and my son is taken care of. Pease continue to excrete your guidance upon us, we certainly deserve it.

Last edited:
Oh how well spoken and level headed. Stop preaching, you bore me.

My daughter does have a free boat and my son is taken care of. Pease excrete your guidance upon us.

Boy, this is confusing.

Now I'm gonna have to go back and figure out who the weenie was who started this thread looking for mental reinforcement...

Okay, but I'm not admitting to which is my ex.

1606185918294.png

My dad used to tell me, “don’t get married, don’t have kids”. My mom and dad are still happily together, I feel like this this was directed to how much of a pain in the ass I was growing up. I did get married....no kids though...yet.

you're happy? try being more positive in your posts then; you're high in the running for the most negative person on this site.
Just cuz dude's blowing off steam about his ex in a thread specifically titled as such, doesn't mean he's not happy. I suspect the action of blowing off said steam is helping him to deal with his frustrations, thus making him happier!

@99%evil congrats on getting that anchor off from around your neck. You can now continue to have a great relationship with your kids, and NONE with your ex.

I had a neighbor get divorced about 10 years ago. Nice guy but it just wasn’t working for them. Stay at home mom went after as many $’s as possible in the divorce. Women of the neighborhood constantly badmouthed the guy for not paying enough.

Now we’ve got another divorce with an older couple where the wife is a state employee. The wife always made more and the ex-hubby is going after part of her sweet, sweet gov’t pension. You should hear the ladies chit chat now about how unfair it all is.

It’s only natural to be on the side of the person that you are friends with, but I can’t help but chuckle over their righteous indignation.

My dad used to tell me, “don’t get married, don’t have kids”. My mom and dad are still happily together, I feel like this this was directed to how much of a pain in the ass I was growing up. I did get married....no kids though...yet.

My wife and kids are the best part of my life.

But when you see marriages go bad, it's really ugly. As in easily the worst thing to happen in someone's life by far.

Then you talk to successful guys who got divorced and they just get crushed by the system.

Overall, it's probably the biggest risk you will take in your life, and you really have concerns about your kids taking that risk.

My wife and kids are the best part of my life.

But when you see marriages go bad, it's really ugly. As in easily the worst thing to happen in someone's life by far.

Then you talk to successful guys who got divorced and they just get crushed by the system.

Overall, it's probably the biggest risk you will take in your life, and you really have concerns about your kids taking that risk.
THIS!!! And just wait until you have grandkids! Nirvana!

I was lucky with my first marriage. We both still cared about each other, and we always put the kids first. I mostly don't understand how some divorced people can't see that the toxic hatred between them only hurts their kids.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom