Everything KEM (1 Viewer)

Lost out on these New Mohegan Sun Bridge Jumbo KEMS today. They were new and sealed and would of been a nice additions to the other Red/Black Mohegans I have, but I have my spending limit of around $40-$45 total for a setup. They went for almost $66 with the shipping. Hopefully a PCFer got them.
1650638762291.jpeg
1650638731013.png

Lost out on these New Mohegan Sun Bridge Jumbo KEMS today. They were new and sealed and would of been a nice additions to the other Red/Black Mohegans I have, but I have my spending limit of around $40-$45 total for a setup. They went for almost $66 with the shipping. Hopefully a PCFer got them.
View attachment 900021View attachment 900020
Wow those are really cool but definitely seem a bit steep for a setup

Lost out on these New Mohegan Sun Bridge Jumbo KEMS today. They were new and sealed and would / been a nice additions to the other Red/Black Mohegans I have, but I have my spending limit of around $40-$45 total for a setup. They went for almost $66 with the shipping. Hopefully a PCFer got them.
I was going after those as well... but def not for over $40 (+$10 shipping) !!!!!
:/

KEM; I enjoy the feel and texture but Jesus that jumbo index is too big. I just can't get behind it. I would only enjoy these in standard index which doesn't suit my home game since we all universally prefer jumbo but KEM's is so large, you have to peel half your hole cards to peek.

Desjgn's blackjack index really is the sweet spot.

Are these really factory sealed?
I saw this vintage setup on eBay and the second I saw it was sealed jumbo index for $16, i insta-clicked. $10 shipping makes it no better deal than a new, contemporary setup - oh well, at least I’ll get to handle some pre-UPC KEMs for the first time in a while.
But anyway, my question is - the 10? Were these really factory sealed with a 10 on the bottom? That makes very little sense to me. But on the other hand, i doubt anybody is resealing used KEMs to try to squeeze out an extra few bucks on eBay. Just curious.
2F222E53-F00B-4BA1-A0B8-F6ADB31A8276.png

Are these really factory sealed?
I saw this vintage setup on eBay and the second I saw it was sealed jumbo index for $16, i insta-clicked. $10 shipping makes it no better deal than a new, contemporary setup - oh well, at least I’ll get to handle some pre-UPC KEMs for the first time in a while.
But anyway, my question is - the 10? Were these really factory sealed with a 10 on the bottom? That makes very little sense to me. But on the other hand, i doubt anybody is resealing used KEMs to try to squeeze out an extra few bucks on eBay. Just curious.
View attachment 906975
I’ve had countless KEMs over the decades, and I can’t say I’ve ever seen a sealed deck like that. I do love that Kent back design, though.

I’ve had countless KEMs over the decades, and I can’t say I’ve ever seen a sealed deck like that. I do love that Kent back design, though.
I dont think I ever seem any Factory Sealed Card that had 10D at the bottom before, could be a big red flag ?

I believe KEM are always Joker at the bottom but I may be wrong
Right? Seems pretty odd. Well they’re paid for, so I’ll find out soon enough. For whatever it’s worth, at least the other deck is consistent?
098B9853-948E-4085-9936-238BAC84482F.png

Right? Seems pretty odd. Well they’re paid for, so I’ll find out soon enough. For whatever it’s worth, at least the other deck is consistent?
View attachment 906980
I've never seen any cards other than the Jokers at the bottom for sealed KEMS. I've gotten sealed KEMS where the seller could not tell me the Index size because of this. Some newer KEMS do have an info card at the bottom of saying if they are Standard or Jumbo index. However, the fact that both are 10 Diamonds sealed at the bottom of both decks I don't wouldn't think the seller resealed both decks with 10 of Diamonds unless he/she has OCD. As long as they are not warped I think you should be good.

:unsure: Jumbo index used to be call Super index

I wonder could it be that Super index are relatively newish that time and they had to put 10 card at the bottom to showcase how Super index are different from Standard index
That makes sense
And the packaging for these says “super index”

The New KEM Monacos I got which are sealed has one Joker at the Bottom of one deck and the other has the 10 of Diamonds.

:unsure: Jumbo index used to be call Super index

I wonder could it be that Super index are relatively newish that time and they had to put 10 card at the bottom to showcase how Super index are different from Standard index
^^ Bingo ^^

Well, they’re almost certainly a genuine factory wrap. They appear unplayed and the plastic could certainly be 40 years old.
3F6DD93F-1383-45CC-AEE9-C46DCFEA1812.jpeg

And this ancient, parchment-like instruction sheet is very cool.
C1327B25-4485-40C5-AB34-837DC8E94674.jpeg

Unfortunately, it looks like the blue deck has a bit of a bow. I do intend to play these, but for now, they’ll stay wrapped, and I’ll try and see if the the upside-down under a dealer button storage method can flatten them any - couldn’t hurt.
DEE08AC9-2698-4CFE-A6AF-A99C25C2D2E6.png

No reason to think these are worth more than a retail deck, right?

Not really (unless from collector perspective (serial, dates, errors, ...) but very cool cards nonetheless.
Wouldn't hurt to store them the good way but doubt that bow is going to be corrected.

Oh hey - replacement cards? I have a KEM arrowback with a K that has a weird defect. It's almost got a dent or a moat running across the middle of it. I say it's a defect because I can't imagine how it could have happened during play - it's not like a thumbnail mark. It's difficult to describe and really wouldn't even photograph. But one of my players noticed it, so I pulled the deck, and I was only able to find it later because I knew it was one of the Kings.
Anyway, long story short, does it matter that I didn't buy the setup? (I got it in trade.) I'll contact KEM, but I just wanted to know if they expect to see a receipt, upon a request for a new card.

Oh hey - replacement cards? I have a KEM arrowback with a K that has a weird defect. It's almost got a dent or a moat running across the middle of it. I say it's a defect because I can't imagine how it could have happened during play - it's not like a thumbnail mark. It's difficult to describe and really wouldn't even photograph. But one of my players noticed it, so I pulled the deck, and I was only able to find it later because I knew it was one of the Kings.
Anyway, long story short, does it matter that I didn't buy the setup? (I got it in trade.) I'll contact KEM, but I just wanted to know if they expect to see a receipt, upon a request for a new card.
If you still have the waranty card, you should be good imho

Well, they’re almost certainly a genuine factory wrap. They appear unplayed and the plastic could certainly be 40 years old.
View attachment 908447
And this ancient, parchment-like instruction sheet is very cool.
View attachment 908448
Unfortunately, it looks like the blue deck has a bit of a bow. I do intend to play these, but for now, they’ll stay wrapped, and I’ll try and see if the the upside-down under a dealer button storage method can flatten them any - couldn’t hurt.
View attachment 908449
50 - 60 usd by my estimate

They look legit, nice find

The button on the KEM card method is sadly only use for delaying / preventing the card bowing and unable to reverse it

First cards I started collecting were KEMs, and I've focused mostly on pre-WWII. Here's a pic from that part of my collection. Glad to try and answer any questions about early KEMs.

Attachments

• KEM Shelf.JPG
    KEM Shelf.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 103
655C60E0-77B3-4D0C-9B9B-F20BE0623CE0.jpeg

Got these in the mail today. $25 shipped off eBay. Beautiful, right? I clicked but now the second I saw the price, that they were jumbos and that they were sealed. And then I noticed this.
CD243ACB-DECA-44F0-B856-DCBEF024C027.jpeg

Good news, no warps. Bad news, same backs. Now why the hell would they sell two decks with the same backs? Is that something Kem did? Or were these switched at some point?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom