Emerald Bay Club - Matsui cash set GROUP BUY -- ORDER THREAD, CLOSED (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
the orange $5 is day-glow orange :D ..... nothing else matters :tup:

I'd take a couple extra of those if any round ups are left

I got the shipping quote from Matsui. We're looking at $0.062 added to each chip to cover artwork fees, wire transfer fees, and import tax. And another $0.156 added per chip to cover freight costs.

2-color: $1.368/chip (fracs, $1s, and $5s)
3-color: $1.428/chip ($20s, $25s, and $100s)

This should be VERY close to the final costs, but....

I have a couple of clarifying questions for Matsui. When I hear back from them, I'll update this thread with more details on final fees and final costs per chip, then start sending out invoices. I'll be adding re-shipping costs as well, so that you only need to send one paypal payment for the group buy (although if you order dealer buttons, that will require a separate payment -- thread on that coming soon).

Watch for more info in the next day or two.

Nearly 16 cents a chip for shipping. Ouch!

But not really surprising, and the total costs are still very reasonable in part because of the size of the order.

Thanks for all your work so far, as well as the work yet to come on.

Nearly 16 cents a chip for shipping. Ouch!

But not really surprising, and the total costs are still very reasonable in part because of the size of the order.

Thanks for all your work so far, as well as the work yet to come on.

Yeah, shipping is about 3 cents per chip more than the Matsui Horseshoe Group Buy #2. We could probably save $0.03/chip, if someone on the east coast wants to handle all of the re-shipping, LOL.

We're right in the same ballpark as the other Group Buy, within a few pennies per chip. With the extra shipping distance to Seattle, it makes sense. It's all good.

Last edited:
I got the final freight quote from Matsui. The costs of the group buy are summarized below:
  • Matsui Artwork Fee $1050 ($175 x 6 denoms)
  • Shipping Fee $3802
  • MoscowRadio Artwork $150
  • Customs Taxes $116 (estimated based on 0.35% rate, per Tommy)
  • Wire transfer fee $30
  • Surcharge for not meeting minimums for some denoms – waived
TOTAL fees on this order: $5148

Divided by 24,400 chips = $0.21 per chip

So the cost per chip is as follows:
2-color = $1.15 base cost + $0.21 fees = $1.36/chip
3-color = $1.21 base cost + $0.21 fees = $1.42/chip

Production time is 4 -5 weeks after full payment is made to Matsui.
Then another week to ship to me, and then re-shipping.

I'll start sending out payment PMs tomorrow.

Yeah, shipping is about 3 cents per chip more than the Matsui Horseshoe Group Buy #2. We could probably save $0.03/chip, if someone on the east coast wants to handle all of the re-shipping, LOL.

We're right in the same ballpark as the other Group Buy, within a few pennies per chip. With the extra shipping distance to Seattle, it makes sense. It's all good.
You do know Seattle is closer to Korea than the Easy Coast right. I am confused—do they bring these in through an East Coast port or is it a Fed Exp is in Memphis thing?Just curious

Time of year also influences shipping costs.
Don’t know what route they are shipped.

It is, what it is.

I was tempted to volunteer to accept them here on the east coast (middle of NC). But I didn't for two reasons 1) I think I'm far enough inland that it wouldn't change shipping that much. 2) With 24K chips in my brief holding, I would be tempted to either make "chip angels" or go Scrooge McDuck style on them. Either way, I doubt anyone wants their brand new chips rolled around on. So, you're welcome.

Seriously though, a chip angel would be a lot more fun than a snow angel. And who doesn't want to go swimming in coin shaped objects a la Scrooge McDuck? Just me then....okay....ummmm....I'll show myself to the door.

OK, invoices are going out this morning. Please pay them as soon as you are able. If everyone pays by this weekend, I'll submit the order as soon as I can get the funds transferred from Paypal to my bank so I can make the wire transfer...then chip production can get started!!

Again, your invoice will include re-shipping from me to you. According to Tommy, 600 chips fit in a MFRB, and 800 chips fit in a LFRB.
Your invoice will include boxes based on the following:

600 or fewer chips = 1 MFRB
601 - 800 = 1 LFRB
801 - 1200 = 2 MFRB
1201-1400 = 1 MFRB + 1 LFRB
1401 - 1600 = 2 LFRB
1601 - 1800 = 3 MFRB
1801 - 2000 = 2 MFRB + 1 LFRB

If you want something different than what your order would call for based on the above, let me know before you pay your invoice (for example, if you have 1500 chips but would rather they go in 3 MFRB rather than 2 LFRB -- let me know!). I've defaulted to the least expensive method.

IMPORTANT -- if you want signature confirmation or insurance, please also contact me before paying your invoice. This will NOT be included by default, but can be added upon request.

Note that for international shippers, I'm not SURE that 800 chips will fit in a LFRB and stay under the weight limit. So if it's close, I might opt for more boxes. Be sure to check your invoice closely and discuss changes with me before you pay your invoice.

Watch for your invoice, and let's get them paid as soon as possible.

PLEASE COVER ALL PAYPAL FEES.

Thanks!! Bare with me, it's going to take a few hours to put all the invoices (payment PMs) together.

Hey - - - - - this production + shipping schedule sounds like my chips will be in the week before All-In-at-the-Alamo. They could make their maiden game on Wednesday, August 7th in my pre-meat-up event in my San Marcos Poker Emporium. :wow:

A good time will be had by all -=- DrStrange

PS I plan to feed everyone a selection of hill country BBQ including samples from the three of the top 50 BBQ joints according to Texas Monthly. Meat sweats are a real risk.

I sent out the payment information to all participants individually. You guys are amazing, sending in payments almost as fast as I was sending out PMs!!

All PMs have now gone out (just sent the last one a few minutes ago). And already, we have 18 out of 29 orders paid!!

Nice work!

Depends how soon I want to add on to my set, LOL. Could be soon. :)

Just kidding by the way. There is no PLAN for another run at this. But you just never know.

Update: only 9 more payments to go! 20 of 29 in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom