Emerald Bay Club - Matsui cash set GROUP BUY #2 -- CLOSED (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
delay, price drop ?

Unfortunately, no. Delay, yes. Price drop, no.

So, lets start with the bad news. They screwed up our purple $20 chip. They sent us our prior $20 chip (black base and purple spot, instead of the reverse, which is what we ordered). I contacted my Matsui rep, and she indicated that yes, the chips that were delivered were not what was ordered. She has contacted the factory, and she said they will "take care of it" ASAP. I actually don't know what that means. Are they going to do that free of charge? They should, because we didn't get what we ordered. But who knows what they'll do. I'll update here as soon as I hear back. It sucks, we ordered 900 of those chips, and many individual orders included them. Will I have to mail back the other chips? There are things to figure out, depending on how Matsui "takes care of it". I'll let you know after I find out.

The good news is...the new chip designs turned out REALLY cool, I think. I'll get some photos of them posted soon. Oh, and the fact that Matsui is going to fix things, that's good news (hopefully!).

Sorry guys. I can ship out any orders that didn't include the purple $20.

Secondary hundos

ED2CB26D-AE78-49A7-81A0-7530BD7490D6.jpeg
D34A9D92-AC93-447A-B700-85551F7449F9.jpeg

Not the Purple $20!!!!! I am sure it will work out somehow. Keep after it Mel. The nw hundos do look interesting, especially the white other 100. Glad I snagged some.

Thanks Mel. Too bad about the purple 20 but hopefully turns out okay. Thanks for your efforts on this.

Mel I had a thought. Didn't the pink chip get screwed up in Tommy's order for the Horseshoe's? Maybe he could tell you what to expect.... @Tommy

Mel I had a thought. Didn't the pink chip get screwed up in Tommy's order for the Horseshoe's? Maybe he could tell you what to expect.... @Tommy

the difference is that in Tommy’s order, the chip that was produced matched the specs on the invoice. So there was no “error” on their part, and they did not produce the replacements for free. In our case, the chips produced were not what the invoice showed...100% their error. Let’s hope they act accordingly! I have hopes!

The WPS pink chip issue was different. I emailed them the correct color codes. When the first proof came back there were 3 mistakes but I only spotted 2 of them. :banghead:

the difference is that in Tommy’s order, the chip that was produced matched the specs on the invoice. So there was no “error” on their part, and they did not produce the replacements for free. In our case, the chips produced were not what the invoice showed...100% their error. Let’s hope they act accordingly! I have hopes!

That's correct. Matsui is a very reputable company. I think they will take care of it.

Update: Matsui will be making the purple $20s and sending them free-of-charge. I do not currently have a timeline, but will update you when I get more information.

Any chance I can buy a rack of the made in error black/purple spot $20s?

Any chance I can buy a rack of the made in error black/purple spot $20s?

They haven't let me know about those yet. My rep sent the question to the factory about them, whether we just get to keep them, or what. If we get to keep them, we'll nee to work out what to do with them. My initial thinking is to offer them up for sale at a discounted rate, with first dibs going to the people who ordered that particular chip in GB#1 -- with all proceeds going to the Faith and Hope Foundation (where I got my dog). People could make the donations directly. I'm not sure that's what we'll do, but it's my initial thought. First, we should wait to see if we get them, before worrying too much about what to do with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom