Elephant & Crown Mold!! (2 Viewers)

David Spragg

Flush
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Pleased to announce I have agreed an arrangement with Marion & Co to offer the Elephant & Crown mold for regular custom orders in return for a small fee per chip.
Pricing will be the same as the 3rd level of molds (FDL, HCE etc.) and that will include the fee to Marion.
May be a little while until I can get it added to the website and chip tool but please go ahead and order!
There won't be any samples available until it's first use.
I know there are a couple of people here at least that have enquired about adding on to old sets in the past.

Whattttt?????

Well that should help put some orders in the queue for you guys.

Very cool. T'was a shame that it wasn't available, so this is great news!

I had a set of these when they first came out. Just a stock hot stamped tourney set. It has been my biggest sellers regret of all the sets I sold.

Not sure, I can't commit to it as we wouldn't be able to test until we did the first run and there might not be a future one (depends on Marion)

That sucks. I have no design idea/game plan for the E and C mold. Not even a theme to start with.

Thanks for the quick reply.

B

I obviously have no idea how any of this works. When you test it out on the first run. If it works, could you take immediate orders for a hot stamped set? Or is that not possible and it would have to wait until the next run (if there is one). I'm pretty sure I know the answer. Honestly, I'd be fine with the CPC stock stamp.

OK - I'll get on it.

That sucks. I have no design idea/game plan for the E and C mold. Not even a theme to start with.

B

Not a problem...

Theme: Circus Maximus - 24 player 25K 40 chip starting stacks
Mold: E&C Unweighted solid hot stamp set
300 - T25 - DG Green
360 - T100 - DG Peacock
300 - T500 - DG Tiger
240 - T1K - DG Saturn
120 - T5K - Ret. Red
40 - T25K - Bright White
40 - Bounty - DG Pink
1400 chips
Screen Shot 2017-02-18 at 9.36.38 PM.png

...its not like I had this in the back of my mind.

OK - I'll get on it.

Not a problem...

Theme: Circus Maximus - 24 player 25K 40 chip starting stacks
Mold: E&C Unweighted solid hot stamp set
300 - T25 - DG Green
360 - T100 - DG Peacock
300 - T500 - DG Tiger
240 - T1K - DG Saturn
120 - T5K - Ret. Red
40 - T25K - Bright White
40 - Bounty - DG Pink
1400 chips
View attachment 82891
...its not like I had this in the back of my mind.

I don't have that kind of loot. Even if I sold all my sets lol. I'm in a pickle. I really want a hot stamp set of these. I'll have to think of it. Then I have to sell either the sun mold BCC's or the BCC Limit set. The problem is I don't want to. I like both sets. Damn first world problems.

I obviously have no idea how any of this works. When you test it out on the first run. If it works, could you take immediate orders for a hot stamped set? Or is that not possible and it would have to wait until the next run (if there is one). I'm pretty sure I know the answer. Honestly, I'd be fine with the CPC stock stamp.

Couldn't do it immediately no, because the clay would have to be made for the orders and we couldn't leave the mold sitting in the press for months.
We couldn't risk making the clay first and then it was wasted.

ASM never hot stamped Elephant & Crown chips in the past, they were stamped at Marion. Must have been a reason for that (like our equipment wasn't suitable. Don;t hold your breath. The mold was designed for inlayed chips.

Couldn't do it immediately no, because the clay would have to be made for the orders and we couldn't leave the mold sitting in the press for months.
We couldn't risk making the clay first and then it was wasted.

ASM never hot stamped Elephant & Crown chips in the past, they were stamped at Marion. Must have been a reason for that (like our equipment wasn't suitable. Don;t hold your breath. The mold was designed for inlayed chips.

Thank you sir.

!!@$%#$^*(*(()+*)%!@

What's the maximum inlay diameter for the E&C? Thanks!

It will take all 3 sizes but the 1-1/16 is a little rough round the edges where it only just touches the design so better to stick to 1 inch (or 7/8)

Well at least my wallet can't suffer since I haven't seen any samples of the mold yet. :)

They do look pretty awesome though!

Last edited:
Very nice opportunity for many of you, don't pass it up.

I just hope they don't find an old forgotten Jolly Roger mold one day... would hate to be forced to remake my set :)

This is great news in that more mold options is always a good thing. Having said that, E&C has never really appealed to me. It's just a little too "China Clay" for my tastes. But I know folks have been holding out hope that it would return some day and I'm excited for them!

I will probably try to snag a sample though.

Congratulations, this is a wonderful arrangement.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom