Elephant & Crown Mold!! (1 Viewer)

Well done, it's a pretty sweet mold! (y) :thumbsup:

full

Well done
IMO, the Siam Imperial and Circus City sets are mic-drop sets for this mold. The aesthetic of the mold doesn't appeal to me personally, but those two sets are really, really well done, and I'd love to get my hands on some samples!

(Not that I endorse actually dropping a mic, because that gear ain't cheap!)

Here's what I have so far. I'm restricting myself to the 5 colors of Buddhism (red, orange, yellow, blue, and white) so my color choices are pretty limited, but I like what I've been able to come up with so far. Having fun learning how to play around with some design programs at least.

There's a bit of a story behind this mockup and theme, but I'll save that for another day. Cliff notes are that I got to ride an elephant last week, and I got blessed by a monk (he wished me "good luck"), so I got that goin' for me... which is nice :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: (Caddyshack reference, of course).

For now... here's my "Lucky Buddha" set, or at least my rough draft. I was hoping to get J5 to do the artwork for me, but I don't know if that's going to happen, so I had to try to figure out my idea on my own. So far it's working out. Still have a few more tweaks I want to do with the inlays though. The edge spot colors on the fracs represent tiger stripes (I got to enter a giant tiger's cage last week too, good times, good times).

The frac will be hotstamped. The front of the inlays all have a faint dharma wheel in the background with the fat, laughing "Buddha" in the center (I know, he's not really the Buddha, but rather a famous monk - but the word for both in Thai is the same, and everyone thinks of him as Buddha anyhow). I used a Thai style font for the lettering and really like how it came out. On the back, I decided to make some larger denoms (there's a bit of a tribute to the Suicide Queen set here) since the ones on the front are so small. So I faded out the Buddha into the background and centered some larger font over top. I'm going with shaped inlays as well, as I figured I might as well go all out for this set because I really like where it's headed.

Anyhow, if you don't like my color choices, remember... I'm limiting myself to the colors on the standard Buddhist flag (or at least various shades of them):

rel_b.gif

Lucky Buddha Mockup.png

Last edited:
Here's what I have so far.

I love the concept and story.

Love the shaped inlays.

Not a fan of hot-stamps, but I love the spot on the frac.

Question: why the brown-looking maroon $20, and no yellow-based chip? Worried about confusion with the orange? The maroon is the only color not really working for me in this set. (I'd go a shade darker on the blue, but I can see the light blue working.)

Only briefly knew about this mold from hearing about it in passing. Didn't realize it was this popular....Definitely going to get samples of some kind

Just tossed this together the other day when I saw the news - unfortunately I can't pull the trigger anytime soon so not trying too hard. :(

Looks like great minds think alike. (y) :thumbsup: (This one's a cash set though)

9b2732fd-76d5-4d36-bf48-baf715b29139.png

I love the concept and story.

Love the shaped inlays.

Not a fan of hot-stamps, but I love the spot on the frac.

Question: why the brown-looking maroon $20, and no yellow-based chip? Worried about confusion with the orange? The maroon is the only color not really working for me in this set. (I'd go a shade darker on the blue, but I can see the light blue working.)

Thanks. I think I'll probably end up ditching the hot stamped frac idea and just go with all inlays instead. I just like hot stamps when they're well done, but I think I'd rather just make a full hotstamped set to satisfy that need for my next set of customs. This is already my 3rd set of customs though lol. I think I have the sickness...

As for the maroon chip, I'm still working on that one, but I love the maroon with white combo. I want the set to be a cali colors set, which would use a black $20, but black isn't in my Buddhism color palette, and the maroon actually looks black in person unless you have really good lighting. I think it will look awesome in person. We'll see. Another member told me they also don't like that chip though, so you're not alone there.

I tried some yellows, but I can't get away with having yellow, orange and red all in the same set, so I need to commit either orange or yellow to the duty of 'edge spots only'. Plus, I really like the DG Arc Yellow chips (which I consider to be orange), and I don't have any of those in either of my other two sets of customs. Yellow is the weak spot for the intersection of my chip preferences and CPC's offerings. If they ever acquired TRK yellow, I'd probably have to buy a million chips! Lol

"Ready when you are, Sergeant Pembry!"

Just designed this mold to keep up with the CPC arsenal. I'm pretty confident it will be seen in mockup renders soon. They're yearning for color ...

elephant_and_crown.jpg

They're a tad too deep right now but this will be fixed asap.

Lol the one outter the other day triggered some PTSD for you didn't it?
The next night when HU I had 56 on a 478 flop. Was up against A8 and it ran out A8. It's how I run :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom