Eikosi - a Greece themed limit set for greek mold (2 Viewers)

GreekRedEye

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Inspired by the new Tina Greek Mold and nolstalgia for the years I lived in Greece, I made this up tonight. Eikosi means "20" in Greek. Front has the ancient "Vergina Sun" symbol. The blue and white colors of course are from Greece's flag. On the reverse are the ancient greek numerals for "1" and "20" plus the modern day words for those numbers. @doublebooyah85 @Coyote your conversation about a drachma set was also at the back of my mind.

Blue is 39mm workhorse chip. White is 43mm value chip worth 20x the workhorse. You set the workhorse to whatever dollar/euro you want.

I decided to not order a new Tina set so soon after the last...but this design has me questioning that.

1695950200641.png

Let me sleep on it. :)

If you want to have these made, I will give you the files. Willing to make changes too, within reason. I would only ask that I be allowed to piggy back an order of 25 of each just to get samples.

@justincarothers Can Tina do different back labels or does the back label have to be same as front? I should not assume.

If you want to have these made, I will give you the files. Willing to make changes too, within reason. I would only ask that I be allowed to piggy back an order of 25 of each just to get samples.

@justincarothers Can Tina do different back labels or does the back label have to be same as front? I should not assume.
Same label on both sides

Dirty stacks for days. Yes I know different size but this is a punt on 4th and inches for me
That's a fair criticism. I originally did not have the blue stripes on the white chip. But felt it needed to tie back to the workhorse chip so added them. There is also a symmetry in the stripes mimicking the verdina sun rays.

What if the blue rays don't translate to the edge roll? So a stack would show blue chips with white spots and white chips with yellow spots?

It is a very good idea for someone who wants a limit set.
It may look rather cliche for Greeks in Greece, but I 'm sure it would look pretty nostalgic for Greek Americans and nicely exotic to other Americans and all other foreigners.

Color-wise, I would remove the yellow color from the -1- chip's label and make it dark blue instead (to avoid similarity).

As for me, I have other plans on the Greek mold:cool :)

@GreekRedEye what limit games do you Play?

I don't! Never played limit, but I want to. My experience is with NLHE cash and tournament. I am working on convincing some friends to give it a go.

Not sure why, but I am taken with the visual of limit sets. Maybe it is the sea of workhorse chips. Anyway, this design popped in my head the other day and I had to get it on paper. But I can't justify buying a set of custom limit chips for a game I have never played. (I am sure someone will contradict me. ;) ).

How about yourself?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom