Don't buy from people who ship like this... (1 Viewer)

pltrgyst

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
... especially when they're PCFers.

packing1.jpg

Attachments

• packing2.jpg
    packing2.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 319
Jeeebus! I would like to know who to avoid there. I would attempt to ask for my money back and send them back

Thankfully these are ceramics so hopefully no damage?

Hopefully the shipper just didn't know better and this can be a learning moment.

ugh. pretty easy to figure out who this was. new member, hopefully they'll learn from it.

Yeah, ceramics and (especially) plastics are much more forgiving when bulk-shipped like that.

So long as there's no movement inside the box (and ample padding is between the chips and the harsh world outside), you can cram a bunch of ceramics/plastics in a box with minimal risk of damage.

Not so much with clay chips, however.....

they should have left out that plastic padding ...that way you can really pack those chips in tight against the cardboard box walls (y) :thumbsup:

One of my purchases of ceramic France Poker Tour chips was packed basically like this. There was some chipping as a result.

Yeah, ceramics and (especially) plastics are much more forgiving when bulk-shipped like that.

So long as there's no movement inside the box (and ample padding is between the chips and the harsh world outside), you can cram a bunch of ceramics/plastics in a box with minimal risk of damage.

I've dropped a ceramic in a concrete floor and had it break in 3 pieces (Condado Beach tribute $100). Never broke a play by dropping it.

I'm not saying I have a ton of experience breaking chips, but I would have expected less damage with clays. At the very least, I would have expected significant rim chipping from this pacakging.

Last edited:

Hopefully the shipper just didn't know better and this can be a learning moment.

The 500s look chipped on the edge to me.....

I wonder if anybody has seen chipping on the sunfly hybrids yet. They feel more plasticky, to me, than traditional ceramics. I guess I’d be surprised to see them chip like ceramics.

Wow I'd cry....

I take pride in my shipping

I always make sure it's shipped properly extra bubble wrap , tons of tape to waterproof box. I seriously would cringe opening that.

Everyone who I ship to can vouche for me !!!

But damm that person who shipped that needs to be refered back to the post that @Tommy had created about shipping tips

Exactly perfect thread!!!!! Some eBay shippers don't know which is bad and why I stay away

Even renowned chippers can ship crappy. Had these shipped loose as shown, even after having a phone conversation detailing my shipping expectations...

B4F54C27-B04E-4A3C-B124-E038227CA861.jpeg
498C017C-0F1A-4D44-A49D-4818CB5CBD3B.jpeg
82EF45E6-FE47-4264-9EEE-C252D89D1E8D.jpeg
C91CD0B0-D756-411E-B32B-88FA2B0DD90A.jpeg
CDB1AA28-7E4A-43B9-967E-1C416041CD94.jpeg
7AE98C5C-E95F-4172-B6ED-BAD745632727.jpeg

Def to much chips for that box, atleast double up the boxes

Def to much chips for that box, atleast double up the boxes

And wrong size box... hard to make a brick of chips, when looks more like a ceramic tile (and just as susceptible to damage). A long flat box isn’t a good idea. Best to use a more cube-like box.

And wrong size box... hard to make a brick of chips, when looks more like a ceramic tile (and just as susceptible to damage). A long flat box isn’t a good idea. Best to use a more cube-like box.
I'm no expert but I have always used your folks tips and go
Double MFRB with more support pieces with max 600 chips
Double LFRB with more support pieces with max 900 chips
However I always suggest splitting and always doing 2 MFRB to be safer

I won't name names... Especially since I forgot who it was since I've bought several batches of these chips.

2017-06-22 12.02.42.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom