Don't buy from people who ship like this... (1 Viewer)

This thread makes me sad, so I'm going to give a shoutout to one of my recent sellers (@Quicksilver-75), who:

1. Racked all the chips (surprise free racks!),
2. Securely wrapped each rack in plastic wrap,
3. THEN wrapped each rack in bubble wrap,
4. Finally padded the rest of the box to keep the racks from shifting in transit.

That box could have been dropped off the truck and run over a couple times, and the chips would still have been safe.

1. Racked all the chips (surprise free racks!),
2. Securely wrapped each rack in plastic wrap,
3. THEN wrapped each rack in bubble wrap,
4. Finally padded the rest of the box to keep the racks from shifting in transit.

That’s exactly how I packaged some chips I sold recently, except for step 3, I used old, used padded mailers that I had hanging around, because I’m too cheap to buy fresh bubble wrap. But I put next to ZERO thought into the process.
The point is, this isn’t rocket science. Anybody can package chips well. You don’t need any particular skills or knowledge to do it. Just a small amount of time and effort. If somebody doesn’t put in that small amount of effort, they’re just saying IDGAF.

I won't name names... Especially since I forgot who it was since I've bought several batches of these chips.

View attachment 184435

As someone who's been shipping a lot of Milanos recently, I can attest that the quoted pic WAS NOT SENT BY ME.

At a minimum I shrink wrap the barrels and then tape each one up in newspaper, in addition to all the packing I put in the box.

However, last week I had a buyer who wanted me to fit 150 chips in a small flat rate box to save on shipping. The most I want to fit in one of those is 100 given how I pack. 150 doesn't allow for ANY extra packing for protection except for shrink wrapping.

I explained that fact to him but he agreed that I wouldn't be liable for any damage. Hopefully they got there ok. o_O

wtf

i have some horror stories but not from PCFers.

Yeah me too. Always had great results from PCF. Only poor packaging was from craigslist purchase and even so chips arrived without damage.

...However, last week I had a buyer who wanted me to fit 150 chips in a small flat rate box to save on shipping. The most I want to fit in one of those is 100 given how I pack. 150 doesn't allow for ANY extra packing for protection except for shrink wrapping....

The frequently-suggested trick of putting the SFRB into a padded flat rate envelope (or two) helps, and doesn't cost any more.

When I was selling/trading a lot of Starburst solids this summer, I found that a stretch wrap roller was really useful:

https://www.amazon.com/Industrial-Strength-Stretch-Plastic-Handle/dp/B07D974T45/

It can be used a lot of way to help secure chips, in combination with bubble wrap and cardboard boxes or racks. It helps to really tighten everything up, and a single roll goes a very long way.

stretch-wrap.jpg

Last edited:
You can get 800 chips into a double boxed MFRB. LIne the entire box with 1 inch foam. Make barrels (about 75 chips deep) and roll them up in those free express mail document bags. Stack 4/3/4 and then tape the living crap out of them. I've sent chips this way many times, no problem. The key is the double box and a serious tape job. Even if dropped they will survive.

I wonder if anybody has seen chipping on the sunfly hybrids yet. They feel more plasticky, to me, than traditional ceramics. I guess I’d be surprised to see them chip like ceramics.
No chipping, but I have a shuffle stack that is showing significant wear. It has probably 1000 hours of shuffling on it at this point, though.

When I was selling/trading a lot of Starburst solids this summer, I found that a stretch wrap roller was really useful:

https://www.amazon.com/Industrial-Strength-Stretch-Plastic-Handle/dp/B07D974T45/

It can be used a lot of way to help secure chips, in combination with bubble wrap and cardboard boxes or racks. It helps to really tighten everything up, and a single roll goes a very long way.

View attachment 196915
I use this stuff as well. I highly recommend it.

I bought a roll at the local UPS store, and think I’ve seen it in Staples as well.

Shipping in a cardboard “rack”, I might use this to strap the chips to the bottom half of the box, then surround the box in bubble wrap, then wrap that again firmly with the plastic before putting it all in whatever box (with padding/peanuts/paper/what have you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom