Do you prefer blue chips as $1s or white chips? (1 Viewer)

I say blue as someone who ordered a blue $1 chip with my CPC set, didn’t like it and switched it out for a bright white $1 chip from CPC. Now I’m switching back to another CPC blue $1 chip (this hobby is a money pit) because although I love the bright white, it’s the most handled chip on the table and it quickly gets dirty and grime covered. #teambluedollar

I’ve had sets before with white chips. But there is a reason I’m using a blue $1 in my custom set and it’s because they get dirty less easily. I had mint $1’s in my IG set and they got a few games of play before I sold them and you could see minor color transfer. The blues will hold thier color better over time and hide dirt and grime more which is a huge plus.

I say blue as someone who ordered a blue $1 chip with my CPC set, didn’t like it and switched it out for a bright white $1 chip from CPC. Now I’m switching back to another CPC blue $1 chip (this hobby is a money pit) because although I love the bright white, it’s the most handled chip on the table and it quickly gets dirty and grime covered. #teambluedollar

How hard are they to clean? Worst case scenario you re-order your 1s ever 3-5 years.

How hard are they to clean? Worst case scenario you re-order your 1s ever 3-5 years.
Can get expensive with $1 racks ranging in price for $80 for the cheaper used RHC’s up to ~$1k for high end NAGB, leaded, or desired THC’s. The $1’s I have in my custom set are like $400 a rack. Im not wanting to shell out $1200 to replace chips every few years. Not to mention cost of murder and time cost of relabeling them.

I wonder what’s going on with other people’s games, that their $1s get so dirty. I only host once or twice a month; I know that’s not exactly high volume. So maybe these people with these filthy white $1s are hosting a couple of times a week, or maybe they’re eating a lot of filthy foods at the table? I dunno. But these particular white $1s still look great after a year of use, and when they do get dirty, it takes what, an hour or two to clean a couple of racks?

I wonder what’s going on with other people’s games, that their $1s get so dirty. I only host once or twice a month; I know that’s not exactly high volume. So maybe these people with these filthy white $1s are hosting a couple of times a week, or maybe they’re eating a lot of filthy foods at the table? I dunno. But these particular white $1s still look great after a year of use, and when they do get dirty, it takes what, an hour or two to clean a couple of racks?

I wonder that as well. My Monaco set has 152 hours on it in 3.5 years and the white spots are still pretty darn clean. We have food every session, chips, hot dogs, candy, etc. If cleaning is required every 2 years thats fine, all part of the fun of being a poker host.

Monacos.jpg

I'm not a huge fan of white for any denomination. That said, I have no issues with existing sets that have either a white or a blue $1 chip. Or other colors either, for that matter. My current primary cash set has an off-white/beige $1. I also have $1 chips that are grey, and orangish brown in two other cash sets that I use. And I have an Aria's cards mold set with a blue $1.

20230711_120216.jpg

For a custom CPC set that I have in the works, I plan to go with a yellow $1. Not only does this set not have a white chip, it doesn't even have a white edge spot.

dn_tf_csq_set1a.png

I definitely prefer a white or offwhite/gray/silver $1. I've seen some beautiful blue $1s, but even the best blue can't hold up to a great white.

You say that like we serve finger foods at our games or something lol. It’s just simple fact that anything that is pure white and has tackiness or is porous in any way is going to accumulate dirt when it’s handled a lot. Whatever $1 whites you have I bet if you bought a mint barrel of the same chip and compared them to chips in play they would look considerably more dirty than you would think. Again, I love a good $1 white chip but when it comes to my own set, blue all day. To each their own though!

I own white chips and i will never get them again. They look great just before they are felted. but they show the dirt really fast. from the first time i used my chalky new white Paulsons you could see the dirt on them. Yuck

To be clear I love them i just don't want to ever use them again.

So my vote is blue.

I've seen sets and examples in both colors that I love, but I guess I prefer blue. I'm curious, though, how people feel about using nontraditional colors for $1s.

I've seen sets and examples in both colors that I love, but I guess I prefer blue. I'm curious, though, how people feel about using nontraditional colors for $1s.
I have quite a few non traditional colored $1s. I love them! See my post #70 above. The brownish red Dragonara's have a cool, vintage look, and my eventual CPC custom set will use yellow. My number one leaded Paulson set uses a tan or beige $1. (haven't confirmed the official Paulson color)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom