Do you call/fold to this jam? (1 Viewer)

boltonguy

Flush
Reaction score
Ignition Zone 25NL 6-max fast fold

+1 opens, CO 3bets and Hero 4bets. I wanted to go 4x+ so went a bit on the larger size.

1620951106009.png

CO calls

1620951188621.png

Flop comes low and connected. I have Ah so not putting V on a FD. Only concerned about 88 here so I bet on the smaller size, about 1/4 pot.

1620951215517.png

V jams. Getting 6:1 here with AA. Hero?

1620951291111.png

Seems like an easy call to me, particularly given the pot odds. He gets paid if he got lucky flopping the set. So be it.

Ok. That's what I thought. He didnt flop a set - he flopped a straight. Who the @%^ 3bets and calls like this except Tom Dwan?
Second time tonight I've had AA cracked in multiway pots.
Other one was vs KK and he drilled the K on the flop. Down 2 BIs now.

1620951917450.png

I seriously think you should transition to PLO. It seems you would be more comfortable with equities that run a lot closer together than in holdem.

What are you really worried about here? Seems like you are trying to find some sort of hero fold? You should never have a plan here to bet fold or check fold here given the stacks sizes and the preflop action.

Edit. Having the Ah is important here because you can always make runner runner to the nut flush. :cool

Last edited:
I saw that flop and thought V is male with 69. Had to be- some dude thought it funny, took a shot, and got lucky with the 69.

You've committed half the guys stack pre. As long as you commit more than about 10-12% or so pre, you can basically always get it in on the flop with AA against a single opponent and have it be profitable. Odds of flopping a set with a paired hand are ~12%, and odds of flopping two pair or better with an unpaired hand are ~5.7%. So anytime they commit more than about a 10th of their stack or so pre, they won't hit often enough to make up the value they lost by calling pre. And even when they do, you will still catch up some portion of the time.

Now it's important to note that this is for when your opponent just jams on your single flop bet. If you play multiple streets with an SPR 4.5:1 on the flop, you obviously can find folds. Which actually makes their call pre for 10% even worse because they didn't even get a chance to stack you.

To sum up, the basic rule of thumb is that you want to be able to win about 10-15 times the raise size to be able to profitably set mine. Lower end against weaker opponents, higher end against tougher opponents. If someone calls more than that to try and crack your overpair, then they can't make up the lost value post flop in the long run.

You can't build up a pot bigger than your stack and then bet/fold a hand as strong as AA on the flop (virtually any flop).

I mean, you can, but it'd be a massive leak in your game.

Villain could have just as easily had a weaker overpair here. Even if we entertain a lot of loosey-goosey hands, his range is loaded with hands that you beat. You're getting good enough odds to call even if you know he has two pair. To fold properly, you have to specifically know he has a set or better, which you just can't in this situation.

You can't build up a pot bigger than your stack and then bet/fold a hand as strong as AA on the flop (virtually any flop).

I mean, you can, but it'd be a massive leak in your game.

Villain could have just as easily had a weaker overpair here. Even if we entertain a lot of loosey-goosey hands, his range is loaded with hands that you beat. You're getting good enough odds to call even if you know he has two pair. To fold properly, you have to specifically know he has a set or better, which you just can't in this situation.
I'll be honest. I read this and thought it was the standard issue aces vs kings battle

slam dunk call....you played pre brilliantly and got some donk to commit with a pet hand. You own these guys long term, this is short term. NH sir, next hand please dealer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom