Dinner Plans? (2 Viewers)

Personally, I'm not a fan of a fully smashed burger. It loses too much of the chin-dripping juiciness. If you add toppings, the ultra-thin burger gets lost. A hard press on rocket-hot cast iron is my sweet-spot, but there are a number of places that do smashed around here, so someone must like them.

....I never went the dedicated grinder route, just attachment to KitchenAid. Does the trick for a few burgers but wouldn't want to do anymore than that.

Exactly. Plus it's pretty hard to find many sizes of grinding plates for the KA.

I gave the KA attachment up about ten years ago, and bought a Maverick grinder from Pleasant Hill Grain, an excellent source for grinders, plates, etc.

The Maverick is a real workhorse, and very easy to clean. https://pleasanthillgrain.com/maverick-5501-meat-grinder
shopping

Did a 6.5 pound beef tenderloin tonight that turned out amazing. Processed most of a garlic and marinated it in a bowl of olive oil with salt and pepper. Spread that on the meat and cooked at 425 for an hour. Yanked out at about 135 degrees and let it rest. It was perfect. All the mothers were happy.

Wish I got pics but I failed. Went great with bacon salad. That’s potatoe salad with enough bacon in it that your relatives call it bacon salad. Also a great fresh spinach salad with feta, strawberries, and walnuts. Yummmm!

Oh and home made chocolate chip ice-cream sammiches. .

Did a 6.5 pound beef tenderloin tonight that turned out amazing. Processed most of a garlic and marinated it in a bowl of olive oil with salt and pepper. Spread that on the meat and cooked at 425 for an hour. Yanked out at about 135 degrees and let it rest. It was perfect. All the mothers were happy.

Wish I got pics but I failed. Went great with bacon salad. That’s potatoe salad with enough bacon in it that your relatives call it bacon salad. Also a great fresh spinach salad with feta, strawberries, and walnuts. Yummmm!

Oh and home made chocolate chip ice-cream sammiches. .
No pics :(
Sounds amazing!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom